PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Vintage Tennis Nike Shoes?

spadesss
03-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Does TW or any other sites sell "vintage" tennis shoes?
I have a huge problem finding NIKE tennis shoes that is wide enough for me.
This was not a problem when I was in high school, 1992-1996. Played very little from that point on. Tried some in the last 3 years but found only 1 pair.
I wear a normal 10.5" US mens size.

I am excluding the popular bidding site, I think you all know what I am talking about.

SFrazeur
03-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Keep in mind that as we age our arches can break down and our feet can spread out. So just because you could wear that size then does not mean you will be able to now.

I would suggest placing an ad in the classified sections here @ TW.

Admerr
03-12-2007, 05:16 PM
^Exactly. Your feet may be wider than they were over a decade ago. Just to let you know the Air Tech Challenge is being re-released in April, as well as the Air Flare. Both in their original colorways (or at least Nike attempted the O.G. colorways).

spadesss
03-13-2007, 05:35 AM
^Exactly. Your feet may be wider than they were over a decde ago. Just to let you know the Air Tech Challenge is being re-released in April, as well as the Air Flare. Both in their original colorways (or at least Nike attempted the O.G. colorways).

air flare...is that the agassi us open 1994 shoe? i am not too sure about the year?
it was white with black "top" and it goes with black sock?
i wanted a pair back then but couldn't afford it. now may be the time.

what is your review on it/them?

spadesss
03-13-2007, 05:36 AM
getting old then. belly getting bigger. foot may be wider. losing hair. what else?

balongbalong
03-13-2007, 05:47 AM
best best for you is niketalk

good luck finding them.

Admerr
03-13-2007, 09:32 AM
^Yes the Air Flare was from 94' and were worn with black socks that matched the top of the shoe. They were classic, and I can't wait to get multiple pairs just incase I don't see them again for a few more years in the OG colorway. Heres a few pics.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/admerr/agassiflare.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/admerr/agassiflare2.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/admerr/nikeairflare.jpg

spadesss
03-13-2007, 12:15 PM
admerr...have your worn them before? if so, how you like it? pros and cons?
does TW have a review / release info on it yet? if i like them, i am going to get like 4 pairs...after i tried on a pair 1st, of course (and hope that i like it enough).

N23
03-13-2007, 12:57 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=121107&page=4

I have 4 black pairs, 2 white, 1 white/gray, and 1 white/blue pair. Don't wear them for tennis though.

spadesss
03-13-2007, 01:14 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=121107&page=4

I have 4 black pairs, 2 white, 1 white/gray, and 1 white/blue pair. Don't wear them for tennis though.

damn...NICE!

you save it for collection?

N23
03-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Yea. At the time they were for playing but now they're just for show. Plus, they're size 10s and that's a little snug for playing tennis now. I'll tell you what though.. I won't pay $100 for tennis shoes anymore. College can make a guy do crazy things... :)

spadesss
03-13-2007, 02:59 PM
tennis shoes were the only things that i buy at full price.
i think i did that in hs only.
didn't play much tennis in college so i didn't blow any money away on shoes in those 4 years, nor can i afford too.

califsurferboy33
03-13-2007, 08:13 PM
www.rareairshoes.com

Fedfer
03-14-2007, 02:46 AM
[QUOTE=spadesss;1311109]admerr...have your worn them before? if so, how you like it? pros and cons?
QUOTE]

I have had them too...They were great ; I had the white/black model, but if I remember well Agassi had also a white/navy model when he played Bercy ;)

spadesss
03-14-2007, 04:49 AM
the pair i like was Nike Challenge LWP, all white/grey version. Those things were a bit ugly but very light weight. i love it. i did put a hole in it for the wear and tear.

the other one was Nike Air Alarm, green version. Again, didn't think the comestic dept was nice but i didn't care. it was all comfort for me. those are the only 2 i remembered by name.

N23
03-14-2007, 06:39 AM
Yea, I have the LWP and they were REALLY lightweight. It was sorta weight because they fit like glove like the Huarache. I had two pairs, the black/blue and black/bronze. Click on one of my links and you can see that pair.

That Air Alarm had to be one of the ugliest shoes he ever wore. Ugh.. talk about hideous. Great cusion though... really comfy. But I could never get used to a "high" top for tennis.

spadesss
03-14-2007, 07:10 AM
i twisted my ankle one year so the Alarm did help with the high top.

yah, nike shoes back than had more comfort and 0 style or taste. get 0 points for fashion. i remember one girl called the air challenge "space shoe."
lucky for me, my feelings were not hurt as i know they were great tennis shoes

N23
03-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Space Shoe... NICE!! Haahaa..

I was in class in college and we had to introduce ourselves to the class. I was wearing the Air Challenge Huarache and after introducing myself, the professor says, "Nice shoes". Very Nike commercial at the time as they were running the "It Must Be the Shoes" advert.

spadesss
03-14-2007, 10:41 AM
i wish i can still find some of these vintage shoes without dishing out over $100 for these "collector's item". if i ever find a new pair, i am playing with it. even if it last me 4 months, its still worth it.

baros
03-14-2007, 10:59 AM
there is a shop in carnaby street in central london that sell old and rare nike shoes they have tennis shoes also.

spadesss
03-14-2007, 11:12 AM
there is a shop in carnaby street in central london that sell old and rare nike shoes they have tennis shoes also.

baros...
my jet is in the shop for its annual maintenance.
and i don't want to fly over there as the jet lag will mess up my tennis game!

does this shop have a website?

baros
03-14-2007, 07:58 PM
yes i understand slamminkicks.com

califsurferboy33
03-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Does anyone know where I can find Nike Air Zoom Vapor Speed any color shoes? They were popular around 2005. Thanks!

spadesss
03-15-2007, 07:11 AM
yes i understand slamminkicks.com

thanks for the info.
no luck there but i will check back occasionally.