PDA

View Full Version : In USA are there tournaments for money ?

supertennis
03-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Are there similar tournaments for money like the ones of France or Germany ?
if yes, could anyone give me some info. thanks

Voltron
03-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Could you elaborate on these "tournaments in France or Germany"?

supertennis
03-16-2007, 02:34 PM
They are Profesional or semi-professional tournaments that pay prices in money $$$, but do not give ATP points. All this tournaments are very popular in Europe.

goober
03-16-2007, 02:57 PM
There are open tourneys that give money but not all Open events do so. In fact probably only the larger ones do.

There's WTT, which pays money but you have to be very good to join. Most are lower ranked ATP and WTA players with a few stars thrown in.

Jracer77
03-16-2007, 04:12 PM
There was a tournament in the Middle States section last summer ($$$ Graham Partners WCC Adult Open $35,000 Prize Money) that only required a USTA membership to enter. I thought that was a pretty impressive purse for a small event like that.

heycal
03-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Don't know what's going on in Europe, but here in New York we hold a big tournament at the end of the summer every year where the winner gets about a million dollars. How much does the winner make in the tourney's you're referring to?

goober
03-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Don't know what's going on in Europe, but here in New York we hold a big tournament at the end of the summer every year where the winner gets about a million dollars. How much does the winner make in the tourney's you're referring to?

see post #3- basically tourneys which are not futures/challengers/tour events.

SoBad
03-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, just go on the USTA website and search (and may God help you) for tournaments in your section (geographic region). They typically list the prize money schedule in the tournament description.

sureshs
03-17-2007, 08:24 AM

I doubt if the OP would be interested in that one :-)

But the concept in Europe seems sound. Many small "unofficial" tourneys where you can play tennis and win money, if people show up to watch. Seems like the way it used to be before the Open Era and shows good business sense.

supertennis
03-17-2007, 12:11 PM
I doubt if the OP would be interested in that one :-)

But the concept in Europe seems sound. Many small "unofficial" tourneys where you can play tennis and win money, if people show up to watch. Seems like the way it used to be before the Open Era and shows good business sense.

thanks for understanding my question

Raiden.Kaminari
03-17-2007, 02:03 PM
So, you're asking for an exhibition style "tournament?"

Unless it is arranged, then I think the answer is "no."

Some open tournaments pay prize money, but many of the smaller tournaments do not.