PDA

View Full Version : Nike vs. Adidas Tennis Camps?

dave333
03-16-2007, 02:55 PM
I mihgt try one of these. The nike one seems sweeter since you get a new pair of shoes but its like, 20 minutes farther away than the adidas one.

Has anyone has experience with both camps?

btw, I'll be a day camper

brayman9
03-17-2007, 08:15 AM
i would like to know two i get them both in the mail. But i think i will be going to harvard tennis camp.

goblake14
03-17-2007, 08:25 AM
I've been to the Nike tennis camp at Amherst College in MA. It was really fun but I didn't improve a ton. If you're looking to get much better, go elsewhere but if it is fun you desire, Nike camps do seem to provide that aspect.

Milano
03-17-2007, 08:34 AM
I am trying to decide between these two also...its either one of these or pay a couple extra hundred bucks and go to my local racquet club for 5 days of instruction...

300Gkid
03-17-2007, 09:49 AM
i went to the Offense- Defense tennis camp at Stonehill last summer. It was fairly fun but slightly dissapointing. There website makes it seem waay nicer than it is, especially the "free court time" part and the "use of ball machines at any time". We weren't allowed out to the courts by ourselves or even with anyone else except during the day when the actual lessons were taking place. Also, they said there would be 2 private lessons, when u had to wake up early. Instead they threw in 1 on the last day during lunch time. Anyway, it was an ok experience but i'm definitley not going this year

FEDEX1
03-18-2007, 06:37 AM
I went to the Nike camp at Amherst college last summer. I was pretty bad lsat year so it was good for me. But i think if i went this year i wouldn't think it's that good. I did like that you could play at the courts during your free time tho.

PrinceDiablo525
03-21-2007, 11:06 AM
I went to tha nike camp at the university of minnesota, it was really fun but it was also a resident camp, so I was there overnight for 5 days and so there was a lot of extra stuff to do, but I also improved a decent amout. I don't know anything about the adidas camp though.

ibringtheHEAT
03-25-2007, 05:18 PM
I went toa nike one day thing, and it was fun they had some local college players and it was like a lil tournament.

TennisNinja
03-26-2007, 04:05 PM
I went to Oregon State University for the Nike camp, and it was a lot of fun and a great way to meet new people and get experience, but if you want to improve a whole lot, look somewhere else, as Nike camps seem more like recreation.

MHobbit
03-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I went to the Nike tennis camp at Indiana University last summer. It was definitely the best week I had all summer. You'll work a lot and learn a lot (especially if the staff there is good; we had lots of good Division I players there) during your time there. I really enjoyed it.

I wouldn't say that it's merely for recreation. It really is possible to improve a whole lot (especially if you try). But, I guess that also depends on your location. The focus is real, however, not just recreational.

Alex_Chin
03-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Nike at Amherst was pretty good. Don't choose the last week though b/c that's when the most kids were there and it was a little densely populated which ultimately led to not enough instruction if ur looking for it. If ur lucky (and good) you'll get sent to play at Mt. Holyoke with some higher level kids, that was a little better. I think i'm the only one who enjoyed the food more than i should've but I thought it was good. It was more of a fun experience rather than an instructional one. The one at MIT was good for like youngens.

FEDEX1
04-13-2007, 07:38 PM
i was thinking of either going to the stonehill college one or harvard one. Anyone know which is the better choice?

tennis4life1
04-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi,
Has anyone gone to or heard about the adidas tennis camp at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine? I was thinking of going this summer, and wanted some feedback.

Ronny
04-17-2007, 05:02 AM
do u get free pair of shoes at the adidas camp? coz i've heard that the nike one does

FEDEX1
04-17-2007, 06:30 AM
ya the nike one does i went to one last year but im not sure about the addidas camp

Ronny
04-17-2007, 06:34 AM
did u get to chose or did they give the same to everyone

FEDEX1
04-17-2007, 07:03 AM
nope same for everyone. well the girls and the boys are different. i thought the shoes were good. I dont know how good there gonna be this year tho

TennisNinja
04-18-2007, 05:43 AM
nope same for everyone. well the girls and the boys are different. i thought the shoes were good. I dont know how good there gonna be this year tho

The younger kids get the same shoes because of their smaller feet, but the older kids have differen shoes as FEDEX1 mentioned.

tennis4life1
04-20-2007, 01:48 PM
does anyone know which camps are better--the adidas camp or the nike camp?