PDA

View Full Version : Vapor IVs cut me to ribbons.

J011yroger
03-17-2007, 10:08 AM
I normally use the BF2 on hard courts, and Animo on clay, but bought a pair of vapor IVs incase I had to play an 80% white tournament. They looked great and felt great in the store.

First match I played I had to take them off and put on my breathes after the first set. The back of the shoe cut into my achilles, and the side cut into the "Bone Knob" (I dunno what it is called) on the inside of my ankle when I set to recieve serve.

I am just gonna use the vapors to teach in, but the animos cut into my ankle a little bit too, but they are the best clay shoe I have ever owned. Does anyone have any experience cutting down a shoe? If I could just lower it by 1/2 to 1/4 an inch it would be mint. I am thinking of cutting open the shoe, and cutting down the plastic a bit, and stitching it back up.

J

TalkingTennis91
03-17-2007, 03:18 PM
This is why God invented crew socks. I just had my first day with my Vapor IVs, and I wear two pairs of crew socks each time I play, so blisters are not a problem. Give it a try, I promise you'll love it.

J011yroger
03-17-2007, 04:03 PM
The shoe doesn't rub on my bare skin, I wear thin quarter socks, so not crews, but they still come like 1" higher than the top of the shoe.

I always thought that crew socks looked dorky and old mannish, then I realized that most of the pros who wear them pulled up tape their ankles.

J