PDA

View Full Version : Frustration!!!

AsgerHO
03-17-2007, 02:18 PM
After I played last week and won my first match in 7 months, my confidence was good before today´s match.
Our team played the final match of the indoor season, and we could not reach promotion nor relegation.

So I started off well winning the first set 6-0 in 15 minutes playing really well.
Then he starts to read my serve a little better, and suddenly he played really well and could do everything. I went 2-5 down but managed to get back on 5-5, and had 30-0 in his service game at 5-5. Lost it and then I had a crappy serve game, and lost the set 7-5.
Then I went 2-5 behind in the third as well, and he continues playing really good.

I am so frustrated and angry with myself, not being able to beat him. Any advices how to move on?

spiderman123
03-19-2007, 07:42 AM
After I played last week and won my first match in 7 months, my confidence was good before today´s match.
Our team played the final match of the indoor season, and we could not reach promotion nor relegation.

So I started off well winning the first set 6-0 in 15 minutes playing really well.
Then he starts to read my serve a little better, and suddenly he played really well and could do everything. I went 2-5 down but managed to get back on 5-5, and had 30-0 in his service game at 5-5. Lost it and then I had a crappy serve game, and lost the set 7-5.
Then I went 2-5 behind in the third as well, and he continues playing really good.

I am so frustrated and angry with myself, not being able to beat him. Any advices how to move on?

World Number 2 Rafa Nadal did not win anything after last year's FO.

People started to question his ability.

He won IW very convincingly yesterday.

Similarly, Federer had lost 4 straight times against Nadal. He had to face him in Wimbledon Final. In Fed's words, "Pressure was on me. he had done his job by winning the French.". Fed bageled him in one set and won the match dominating two of the four sets. That would not have been possible if there was any trace of frustration.

Just believe in yourself, take inspiration from likes of Federer/Nadal and move on. The game is 80% in your mind. Does not even take hard work to maximize that :)

9000tennis
03-21-2007, 02:35 AM
I think you need to analyse the match.
What did you do well in the first set? How was your mentality? What did your opponent didn't do well in the first set?
Why did you have a bad start in the second set? Did you change anything? How was your mentality, and did it change? How did your opponent play in the second set?
Sometimes it isn't just your own fault that you start playing bad. Like you said, your opponent started to read your serve better, and perhaps he found a way to make your game fall apart. If that is the case, try to think about what he did, and if you find out, then you should practice playing against such a player.
Often matches come down to a few points or a service game. There's nothing you can do about that. You being 30-0 up 5-5 in the second set and still lost the game, there's nothing you can do about that.
But instead of being angry about this loss for a long time, try analysing the match. It's better to figure out what went wrong and work on that instead of just being angry, even though we all know how frustating it can be to lose such a match.
I hope you start winning again soon.

Dedans Penthouse
03-21-2007, 11:47 AM

I am so frustrated and angry with myself, not being able to beat him. Any advices how to move on?Recognize that beating someone in 15 minutes 6-0 means that he is either not playing nearly to his potential or that you're playing over-your-head. You lost that 5-6 service game ("played a crappy serve game") because you were probably still thinking about having him down 0-30 on his serve when it was 5-5. Yes, of course you wanted to break his serve, but you probably were still thinking about it and not giving enough concentration to holding your own serve at 5-6. So what if he held? All you had to do was hold serve (it's now 6-6) and you're in a tiebreaker-and already up a set. Remember: you would have been already up a set, and the tiebreaker pressure would've been squarely ON HIM just to try and stay in the match. Don't throw that 5-5 game away because you were ****ed off about the past; at that point, it's spilled milk--there's nothing you can do about it. Focus on the present (in that case, holding serve and getting to the tiebreaker). The pressure, even at 5-6 was on him. Better luck next time.

Quick sidebar (apologies to the others)

ONE OTHER THING AsgerHO: Hej! You started a SECOND THREAD about French Open tickets. In your FIRST THREAD, I gave you an answer (a link to a previous post of mine helping out another poster who had the same question). You obviously did not read it--thus I'm using this "recent" post of yours in a 2nd attempt to get this information to you: regarding French Open tickets (click on below). In this post, there is another post you need to click on which will give you all the details you will need to know. The "cut-off" time as far as the box office is about RIGHT NOW--so do read this! :
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1311670&postcount=2

I do hope you get this one. Farvel

vllockhart
03-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Sounds like you got ahead of yourself. So what if it's 0-30? You still have to concentrate on each and every shot. Bear down and concentrate harder.

Then even if you lose the set, realize that it's One and done after that. You can't play the third set worrying about what happened in the first two. That means there's two sets of thoughts weighing your racquet down every time you swing. What's past is past.

I played a singles match against a girl that I considered to be better than me. She's definitely in better shape than I am and has a much better serve. We were playing singles because people didn't show up in the doubles league. I surprised myself and won the first set 6-4. All of my forehands were going in. I was up 5-3 in the second. I lost the second set 5-7. Talk about heated!! I was so ticked that I just started swinging out on every shot. Almost all of them went it. I even hit backhand winners which I never do. The forehands were going down the line, cross court, short, long whereever I put them. I even aced her twice, also unheard of. I won the set 6-0. I only thought about this shot I'm hitting now. It worked. She's still shocked. But we're very, very cool.

AsgerHO
03-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Recognize that beating someone in 15 minutes 6-0 means that he is either not playing nearly to his potential or that you're playing over-your-head. You lost that 5-6 service game ("played a crappy serve game") because you were probably still thinking about having him down 0-30 on his serve when it was 5-5. Yes, of course you wanted to break his serve, but you probably were still thinking about it and not giving enough concentration to holding your own serve at 5-6. So what if he held? All you had to do was hold serve (it's now 6-6) and you're in a tiebreaker-and already up a set. Remember: you would have been already up a set, and the tiebreaker pressure would've been squarely ON HIM just to try and stay in the match. Don't throw that 5-5 game away because you were ****ed off about the past; at that point, it's spilled milk--there's nothing you can do about it. Focus on the present (in that case, holding serve and getting to the tiebreaker). The pressure, even at 5-6 was on him. Better luck next time.

Quick sidebar (apologies to the others)

ONE OTHER THING AsgerHO: Hej! You started a SECOND THREAD about French Open tickets. In your FIRST THREAD, I gave you an answer (a link to a previous post of mine helping out another poster who had the same question). You obviously did not read it--thus I'm using this "recent" post of yours in a 2nd attempt to get this information to you: regarding French Open tickets (click on below). In this post, there is another post you need to click on which will give you all the details you will need to know. The "cut-off" time as far as the box office is about RIGHT NOW--so do read this! :
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1311670&postcount=2

I do hope you get this one. Farvel

Thanks for the answers. Concerning this ticket thing, I must have totally missed your first reply, I´m so sorry. I have found out now, thanks so much for the help!

Dedans Penthouse
03-22-2007, 09:05 AM
God~! Selv tak!

I'm going to "Paree" in late April, a month before the tournament so I won't be able to see it 'live' this year. But Paris at "Le Hotel Costes" itself isn't so bad anyway :-)

I'm sure you will love Roland Garros. Have a great time!

Suggestion: book a tour through their tennis museum--worth it.

Farvel!