PDA

View Full Version : heel pains, looking for the lowest, thinnest shoes available

courtrage
03-18-2007, 09:05 AM
noticing that when i walk barefoot my heel/achilles doesnt bother...also took out the stock insoles in my fila punto and put the cheapo walmart 1$ insoles and my feet feel pretty good walking and hitting lightly last night...what shoes out there are very low(and cheap ;)) and are on the firm side?....i've got the oscillates already cause it was my favorite back in HS and its REAL low :-)

also seems that when a shoe is too cushy my foot/heel feels almost like it twists weird when i walk a bit... any thoughts guys?

BreakPoint
03-18-2007, 11:55 AM
The Nike Vapor III's are pretty low with minimal cushioning.

El Guapo
03-18-2007, 12:07 PM
I would get some Wilson Fantoms. www dot e hyphen rackets dot com still has them in stock for only $39. They are the lowest shoes that I've ever worn.

slice bh compliment
03-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Heel pain? Is it from too much cushioning? That's odd. Man, be careful. Heel pain can lead to tendon problems. Plantar Fasciitis even.

The only time I had heel pain was from a perfectly good pair of shoes that were tight in the forefoot, so I went up a half-size. But they just did not fit me tightly enough in the heel. My heels slid around. I added an eyelet and the shoe fit so much better.

courtrage
03-18-2007, 12:41 PM
thanks guys! you know i was thinkin of the fantoms...my buddy has a pair and said they were really low too...also has the vapor3 so i'll check with him to compare ...slice bh, thanks for that info too. the fila punto was considered narrow and when i first got it the side of my right foot hurt cause of the width...i noticed when i wore my old breathe free 1s i didnt have issues...the diff is those are very snug and dont have a raised heel cause its a smaller air unit back there...maybe it just a factor of getting a right fit...i too wonder if heel slip has a factor...

edit: guess what i'm looking for is a barefoot feel from my shoes...isnt nike making a nike free tennis?

LarougeNY
03-18-2007, 05:20 PM
vapor IVs are supposed to be low, my Vapor IIIs are pretty low too.