PDA

View Full Version : Sore leg possibly due to Barricade IV?

cys19
03-18-2007, 05:02 PM
I only play about once a month, but I intend to get serious about tennis this coming fall. The thing is, should I replace these incredible shoes because they *might* be too heavy? I notice that when I change into my regular shoes after a match, my feet feel like they've just come right out of lifting weights in the gym. I don't notice it until I start driving my stick-shift, though. Do you guys have the same experience? What is your rating and how did you get used to it?

stormholloway
03-19-2007, 04:57 PM
I don't like the shoe, despite the sheepish following it has. I think they're too heavy and too stiff. For their weight, I don't find an overwhelmingly abundant amount of cushioning either.

cys19
03-19-2007, 06:02 PM
I bought them as my first pair of tennis shoes based on reviews. If I buy another pair of shoes, I'd be wasting a whole 100 bucks. And I doubt I can wear them out any time soon.

Micky
03-19-2007, 09:55 PM
I only play about once a month, but I intend to get serious about tennis this coming fall. The thing is, should I replace these incredible shoes because they *might* be too heavy? I notice that when I change into my regular shoes after a match, my feet feel like they've just come right out of lifting weights in the gym. I don't notice it until I start driving my stick-shift, though. Do you guys have the same experience? What is your rating and how did you get used to it?

After wearing the Feather's II for a year, I bought the Barricade IV. I wore them a month before stepping in the clay courts and tried them for three straight weeks. Pain in my legs for three straight weeks. My tennis level was way down as well. Way too heavy. I usually play four times per week.

I wear my Barricades IV for work and use my Feather's II for tennis now.

cys19
03-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I should've known that TW's reviews were done for profit purposes. I'm so gullible.

pcpshortbus
03-21-2007, 02:47 AM
are you guys kidding me? the barricade IV is a great shoe. it is a little heavy, but if you get sore from having them on then maybe something is wrong. but then again, if your coming from the cc feather it would make sense

Ronny
03-21-2007, 03:37 AM
It's just you, not the equipement. I love the IVs.

Freedom
03-23-2007, 11:48 PM
You get sore legs from...your shoes being too heavy? Either I'm in better shape than I thought, or you guys need to hit the gym. :D

Just kidding. ;)

VikingSamurai
03-24-2007, 12:08 AM
I like the look of the Barricade IV's, but have resisted them because of the weight.. Its not about whether you can lift heavy weights, but about what your body is used to.. If you play on a regular basis then your body adapts. But if you simply play every now and then, then when you do have a hit, your body is using muscles that it hasnt used in a while.. And if you are wearing a heavy shoe, then that wont help the situation..

I dont like shoe's that are too light, and cheap looking in make, so I have settled on the Adidas Tirand II and Tirand II OC's.. I have both pair's in different colour's and have found them to be a great shoe.. They are sale at TW and so you can get them for a great price.. Here in Japan they are still being sold along with the B IV's.. I have found them to be not only a comfy shoe, but I also like the style compared to newer design..

Orion
03-24-2007, 07:53 AM
After wearing the Feather's II for a year, I bought the Barricade IV. I wore them a month before stepping in the clay courts and tried them for three straight weeks. Pain in my legs for three straight weeks. My tennis level was way down as well. Way too heavy. I usually play four times per week.

I wear my Barricades IV for work and use my Feather's II for tennis now.

I was playing the B IV's last year and developed severe heel spurs. Bad thing is I bought two pairs an ittook me 2 months to figure out what was causing them. I switched to the CC Feather and no pain. The IV's are HEAVY, but I'm 5'10, 165 so a heavy shoe doesn't suit me well at all.

Been playing in the Asics Gel Resolution lately, more supportive than the Feathers and almost as light. Created a dilemna between quick first step (Feathers) and increased stability (Asics). It's usually a game time decision...LOL

Voltron
03-24-2007, 07:55 AM
It's you, I felt the same for about two days, then I got better. Don't wimp out now.