PDA

View Full Version : a3 Accelerator Fit

Ben42
03-19-2007, 02:11 PM
TW's page on the Accelerator's says they fit true to size in length, but I tried on a pair today and they were about a 1/2 size small in an 11. In an 11 1/2 they were just a little big.

If I order a pair from TW should I get the 11 1/2 or the 11? I've been wearing an 11 in the Barricade IIIs and they fit great. Were the pair of 11s I tried on today maybe just misized (or mislabled?)

stormholloway
03-19-2007, 05:54 PM
I liked these a half size bigger.

MdotPdot
03-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Are these still really narrow in the heel area?? It sounds like it since TW states, "The fit through the heel and midfoot is snug..." The original A3 Acclerate's suffered from this problem IMO...I developed plantar fasciitis! :mad: I switched to Barricade III's / IV's and my foot eventually healed up.

Ben42
03-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Thanks, Storm. I was hoping you'd answer. Do you still like them? I'm trying to decide between them and the Barricade IVs.

stormholloway
03-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Honestly, I don't like the Barricade IV at all. I find the III to be a much better shoe. The IV, to me, is heavy and uncomfortable. Snug yes, but besides the fact that the metal lace hole broke on day one, I find the IV to be a good looking, but overrated shoe. The Accelerator is a great shoe, especially concerning cushioning and shock absorption. I think it's comparable to the Breathe II. It breathes well, is well cushioned, and has the best shock absorption I've seen.

The downside is the cosmetic, which is why I may revert back to the Breathe II, but I highly recommend the a3 Accelerator. I just don't get the Barricade IV hype.