PDA

View Full Version : Air Zoom Revives..

EuroMagnum
03-20-2007, 12:11 AM
I bought these shoes about 2 months ago and i've always noticed that they make a strange squishing sound when I walk, kind of like a shoe would sound drenched in water. One would think it's from the outsole being too loose, but it fits pretty snugly on there.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

P.S.- Is there any way to get replacement soles, or do I have to buy a new pair?

jamauss
03-20-2007, 12:18 AM
I had some revives for a while and I know what you mean. They sorta sound like fisherman boots because of the plastic outer sole. I never had any problem with the soles coming off or even coming loose but that sound never went away for me.

How are the soles holding up for you? I wore through both sets in about 3 months. :( I wore through the first set so fast that I was already wearing a hole in the inner part of the shoe before I noticed the hole in the outer sole :(

I sure hope they sell replacement soles sometime, I might buy one pair. I've found the Barricade II's now though, and they're so much better than the Revives in about every category.

snoflewis
03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
I bought these shoes about 2 months ago and i've always noticed that they make a strange squishing sound when I walk, kind of like a shoe would sound drenched in water. One would think it's from the outsole being too loose, but it fits pretty snugly on there.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

P.S.- Is there any way to get replacement soles, or do I have to buy a new pair?

yeah..some guy at my local store had them, and..thye sound pretty bad imo....

they had something like the revives for basketball shoes a while back, and sold separate skins, but i dont know about nike's plans for the revives.

EuroMagnum
04-18-2007, 01:20 AM
At this point it doesn't look likely that we'll get replacement soles. ANyone else have some final inside info they want to share?

And about the noise they make. It's getting really annoying, and you're right about sounding like fisherman boots. Is there any way to stop this?

XFactorer
04-18-2007, 07:10 AM
Some gal at the club where I was playing had Revives that squished... it was yucky! I think you have ot get a new pair. I don't think even Nike can justify making you pay what they might want you to pay for new outsoles. They'll make more money if the shoes only come with two outsoles.

Ronny
04-19-2007, 05:13 AM
isn't their outsole made out of rubber?

EuroMagnum
04-19-2007, 11:47 AM
isn't their outsole made out of rubber?

Yeah I believe so. I really like the look of the shoes (I know it's really shallow but how the shoe looks makes a big impact on my decision to buy them) and I just spent quite a bit on my first pair. I don't have any problems with them other than the squishing sound, and it would seem silly to get rid of them just for that. There must be an easy solution to get them to stop making noise....