PDA

View Full Version : Which Nike Vapor shoe had the popped air unit problem?

BreakPoint
03-20-2007, 01:44 AM
Which Nike Vapor shoe had the popped air unit problem? Was it the Vapor Speed or the Vapor III's?

Also, was there a Vapor II or is that the same as the Vapor Speed? If so, what was the original or first Vapor shoe called?

I just got some Vapor III's and am a bit concerned about the air unit eventually popping on them. Anyone else had a problem with the air unit popping on the Vapor III's?

Thanks.

jamumafa
03-20-2007, 02:13 AM
I dunno which Vapor it was, but it was the one Federer wore up until the 07 AO.

The one that Blake wears (Still dont know which model) is the one I have, and I've had no problem with the air bubble, but the ones I had that Federer wore, they popped real quick.

Askmeo88
03-20-2007, 04:25 AM
Hey Breakpoint, the problem was with the Vapor Speeds.
The (recent) order of Nike Vapor tennis shoes is as follows:
Vapor S2
Vapor Speed
Vapor III
Vapor IV
Hope this helps.

califsurferboy33
03-20-2007, 06:41 AM
did the vapor speeds ever come in complete white or was that just the S2's?

greg_in_atl
03-20-2007, 07:37 AM
did the vapor speeds ever come in complete white or was that just the S2's?

I have three pairs of the vapor speeds and none of them have had the air bubble pop. On at least one pair, I wore out the soles beyond where they were playable for me. YMMV.

They were/are available in a primarily white color, w/ some silver & navy trim.

BreakPoint
03-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey Breakpoint, the problem was with the Vapor Speeds.
The (recent) order of Nike Vapor tennis shoes is as follows:
Vapor S2
Vapor Speed
Vapor III
Vapor IV
Hope this helps.
Thanks, Askmeo88! :D

BTW, so was the air unit popping problem ONLY with the Vapor Speeds? Did Nike fix the problem with the Vapor III's? Has anyone ever had their air unit popping on the Vapor III's?

snoflewis
03-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Askmeo88! :D

BTW, so was the air unit popping problem ONLY with the Vapor Speeds? Did Nike fix the problem with the Vapor III's? Has anyone ever had their air unit popping on the Vapor III's?

BP, the vapor speeds had the visible zoom-air air bubble kinda like the breathe series, except the air bubble stuck out on the side a lot more, causing the bubble to pop.

the S2s, 3s, and 4s dont have the visible airbubble and are encapsulated, so it shouldnt have a problem unless you wear it through it or step on something sharp causing the bubble to pop.

the interesting thing is, i've had 2 pairs of BFIIs so far and both of those air bubbles popped as well in the heel...

courtrage
03-20-2007, 01:17 PM
the vapor speed, sometimes called vapor 2, had caged zoom air which is two zoom air units on top of each other. Like snoflewis said, the other vapors have encapsulated units in the heel and i dont see them popping...althought i had a pair of oscillates back in HS and the forefoot unit went flat but they were beat up :-\

BreakPoint
03-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks snoflewis and courtrage! I just wanted to feel more assured that the air unit in my new Vapor 3's are not going to pop prematurely.

BTW, I also have a pair of BFII's which I've worn maybe 10 times so far, and so far the air unit has not popped. Knock on wood. Was there also a widespread problem with the air unit on the BFII's popping as well?

courtrage
03-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks snoflewis and courtrage! I just wanted to feel more assured that the air unit in my new Vapor 3's are not going to pop prematurely.

BTW, I also have a pair of BFII's which I've worn maybe 10 times so far, and so far the air unit has not popped. Knock on wood. Was there also a widespread problem with the air unit on the BFII's popping as well?

i never heard of a problem on the bf2. and if the vapor3 pops you can send it back...i was told by nike that you have 2 years from the manufacture date to return a defective shoe...if the unit pops and it doesnt look like you dragged your heel while you play till there's a hole, i'm sure they'll even take it back more than two years after. i just got a pair of vapor speeds and called them and they said i could send them back cause the zoom air fibers looked like they snapped a few...the date of manufacture is on the tongue by the way...

califsurferboy33
03-20-2007, 04:54 PM
no the only problem with air popping again was on the vapor speed shoes which like Roger Federer wore at the Australian Open in 2005 and for most of that year.

Noveson
03-20-2007, 07:28 PM
I have those ones that Federer wore before the new Vapors, the ones hat he still wears the outsole of. The bubbles popped in both the shoes, but they are almost more comfy now! Only thing is now they have begun to make an annoying "psshhhh" sound ever time I step:)

psamp14
03-20-2007, 09:13 PM
breakpoint, which vapor 3's did you buy?

from what i've read, the vapor 2's were the ones which had the problem in the popped air unit....nothing on vapor 3's or 4's

BreakPoint
03-20-2007, 09:21 PM
I got both the light blue/silver ones and the pearl white/black ones in the Vapor 3's.

califsurferboy33
03-21-2007, 01:35 PM
yeah i got the lightblue ones and the pearl white/black ones too...they are pretty confy

califsurferboy33
03-21-2007, 05:18 PM
hey you guys, i was thinking about buying the Vapor Speeds. Are they comfortable? How long does it take for the bubble to pop? Thanks!

Kid Carlos
03-21-2007, 06:30 PM
I know 20 people who had the vapor speeds and the air bubble popped. The shoe looked good but the air unit had issues. That is why for the vapor 3 and 4 there is no more visable air unit.

califsurferboy33
03-21-2007, 06:50 PM
how loud was the hissing noise?