PDA

View Full Version : Henman's going to be embarrassed by FEDEX

borisboris
02-20-2004, 07:00 AM
:twisted: FEDEX is steamrolling past Tim Clijsters to improve his head-to-head to 2-5.

@wright
02-20-2004, 07:01 AM
I think so too, but it should be a good match. I haven't seen Federer play a S&V.

borisboris
02-20-2004, 07:08 AM
:wink: FEDEX had some trouble in the 2nd - maybe he's vulnerable - which isn't a good thing when your down 1-5 in head to head and Henman is hungry.

GUYANA4U
02-20-2004, 09:58 AM
I think a good serve-volleyer has the best chance of defeating Roger. Tim may be the man for the job. Keeping the points short may be the best thing against Roger. That said, Roger's passing shots are ridiculous, and Henman need to be 150% on his game to beat Roger. I think Henman will win in two sets. Should be very exciting stuff!!

SonicSpeed
02-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Tim won 6-3 7-6(9).

Spoke too soon, eh?

The Franchise
02-20-2004, 12:32 PM
What did I tell you guys about Ostrich Tim Henman? You just cannot turn your back on the lad. I told you, there are only 2 things I fear in this world...they are the Devil and Ostrich Tim Henman.

Ballmachine
02-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Tim Henman must be Roger Federer's kryptonite! How does he continue to beat Roger? This is getting freaky now. Other players may have to start serving and volleying more often in their matches with Roger. That seems to be the only style that troubles him.

GUYANA4U
02-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Ballmachine, I agree with u totally. I remember in the early days of their rivalry, when Matina Hingis would be Venus Williams, the commentators would ask Venus why she isn't more patient during the rallies?Venus knew that Martina Hingis would beat her every time if she tried to rally with her, so Venus went for winners at every opportunity, and she won a lot of their matches with this strategy. I think the same goes for Roger. Roger will beat you from the baseline everytime, so your best bet is to serve-volley, try to end the points faster. But if your volleys aren't excellent, Roger will beat u anyway. Henman has excellent volleys, so I am not surprised that the head to head is so onesided. Roger is very smart though, He will figure out a way to beat Timmy in the future.

Max G.
02-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Well, look at the other players that used to dominate Federer - Nalbandian and Hewitt. What's the similarity between Henman and those two? IMO, it's the fact that they are very good at WORKING THE POINT. They don't go for outright winners; they set up opportunities for themselves instead of trying to blast. Federer doesn't seem to have trouble with the outright pure-agression serve-and-volleyers - thought it's hard to tell, there aren't enough of them to make a true comparison like that.

BreakPoint
02-20-2004, 01:47 PM
It seems as though Federer just has trouble against certain players including Henman, Nalbandian, and Agassi. Maybe it's a mental block thing or something or lack of confidence after losing so many times to the same guy. (Although he has beaten Nalbaldian and Agassi in their last couple of meetings, they still have winning records against Federer). Doesn't Federer also have losing records against Gaudio and Callieri, too?

Seany
03-10-2009, 06:13 AM
Come on Tim

Pride of Britain

vive le beau jeu !
03-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Come on Tim

Pride of Britain
did you just reach 88 mph ? :cool:

Gorecki
03-10-2009, 07:25 AM
did we just do Archeology here?

simi
03-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I miss Tim...and his style of play.

SaintClaires
03-10-2009, 02:02 PM
did we just do Archeology here?

Are you referring to the fact that someone just dug up an old thread?

Gorecki
03-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Are you referring to the fact that someone just dug up an old thread?

what else?

Thirteen
03-10-2009, 02:46 PM
come on tim!

Breaker
03-10-2009, 02:50 PM
I think Tim Henman is a darkhorse for Wimbledon this year.

That is as long as this doesn't happen again.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/IHTennis/lleyton-hewitt-tim-henman.jpg

NickC
03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Come on Tim

Pride of Britain

I think reviving an old thread like this for no apparent reason (with no reason to revive it; i.e no new information is given) should come with a warning at minimum and a 3-day ban at maximum.

JeMar
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Whoa, time warp.

SaintClaires
03-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I think Tim Henman is a darkhorse for Wimbledon this year.

That is as long as this doesn't happen again.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/IHTennis/lleyton-hewitt-tim-henman.jpg

Why is Hewitt raping him with his racquet?

tahiti
03-11-2009, 02:13 AM
If Sampras and Laver are allowed into discussions I don't see why Henman can't be. Good old Tim yes. I read he was rather precosious, only wanting to eat with silver cutlery at Wimbledon. Was that true?

Hewitt: If you don't get out of my face.....
Tim: Harder Leyton, harder!!