PDA

View Full Version : You gotta try them on!

Serve em Up
03-23-2007, 05:10 AM
I've always just found a shoe that looked good or had good press, picked my normal shoe size and went with it. This week I learned ther's a better way and that's to try different shoes in different sizes and you will find one that's "JUST RIGHT" .

I tried on: Barricade 4's : Couldn't get to fit right to save my life, the right size was too narrow in the toe box and too wide in the heel.

Tried Prince MS: Soles just felt hard, did'nt seem to have much cushioning.

Tried Prince MV: Didn't like the design of the mesh top. Seemed to bunch up when you laced them.

Tried K Swiss Glaciator: Pretty good, was my second choice

Tried K-Swiss Utrascendor mid: Really felt great and I liked the added
security of the mid high ankle protection. The size that worked was a good half size bigger than my street shoes.

Nike: Didn't try any. Heard too many complaints about durability.

Anyway: Played on my new shoes for the first time and what a nice ride. I will never "just buy" shoes again. I though the Barricades were nice, I was just dissapointed I couldn't find one that fit.

OrangeOne
03-23-2007, 05:17 AM
I've always just found a shoe that looked good or had good press, picked my normal shoe size and went with it. This week I learned ther's a better way and that's to try different shoes in different sizes and you will find one that's "JUST RIGHT" .

You just learned that trying on (a variety of) shoes is a good idea? Umm, errr, ok then.

cghipp
03-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Hey, don't be afraid of innovation, OrangeOne! ;)

Craig Sheppard
03-23-2007, 06:24 AM
I tried on: Barricade 4's : Couldn't get to fit right to save my life, the right size was too narrow in the toe box and too wide in the heel.

Holy cow... I've never heard this before... too narrow in the forefoot and wide in the heel? That's exactly opposite of what I usually hear... Adidas are notorious for having a narrow heel, and the B4's are pretty wide in the forefoot! To each his own.

Which did you buy? You didn't say... except for "new shoes", so you must have got something...

Serve em Up
03-23-2007, 09:34 AM
K-Swiss Ultrascendo Mid

jaykay
03-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Holy cow... I've never heard this before... too narrow in the forefoot and wide in the heel? That's exactly opposite of what I usually hear... Adidas are notorious for having a narrow heel, and the B4's are pretty wide in the forefoot! To each his own.

Which did you buy? You didn't say... except for "new shoes", so you must have got something...

That's not true at all. All Barricades are better for narrow feet upfront. They are NOT for wide forefeet, defly.

snoflewis
03-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Nike: Didn't try any. Heard too many complaints about durability.

you dont think out of all the nike shoes out right now...not ONE of them is built for durability? and the advice you chose is to try different shoes...i just dont see how that worked out.

anyway, there actually ARE nike shoes that are pretty durable...the best one that i've tried is the breathe 3's...which i found was MUCH more durable than the BFIIs...

thejackal
03-23-2007, 12:43 PM
the only shoes i've bought without trying them on at all are the original air resolves. first pair were a bit big, so went down half a size on the second pair. otherwise they fit fine.

ibringtheHEAT
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
people actually buy shoes without trying them on?

BreakPoint
03-23-2007, 08:23 PM
people actually buy shoes without trying them on?
Sure....it's called buying shoes from an Internet e-tailer...which is what the host of this message board is....and TW sure sells a lot of shoes.

ibringtheHEAT
03-24-2007, 02:27 PM
well yeah. but i try on the shoes then buy them from TW, I don't buy shoes with no prior knowledge to their fit