PDA

View Full Version : Mirka back in 2001

joeyscl
03-24-2007, 01:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8QDlcFHA4o

About a minute into the video, you'll catch a glimpse of Mirka.

Is it just me or was she WAAAAAAY HOTTER (Skinnier) in 2001?

vince916
03-24-2007, 01:36 AM
wow she's like 50lbs lighter back then

Cant believe Federer cried. ;(

Rhino
03-24-2007, 01:41 AM
Super hot. She's still nice now though.

shavenstringer
03-24-2007, 01:59 AM
Yeah time has not been good to her. Federer should do like many other pros and upgrade to a newer model.

ja_
03-24-2007, 05:18 AM
Thank God Federer doesn't think like those "many other pros." A sheer portrait of classic monogamy.

On topic, I almost didn't recognise Mirka there. She's pretty chunky now, but still nice-looking nonetheless.

Baghdatis72
03-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Omg Mirka was pretty 5 years ago and Federer was a cry baby :lol:

She got ugly and he became a winner now.

TonyB
03-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Wow, Federer got absolutely crushed by Henman. Amazing.

It's obvious that Federer didn't have his mental game under control back then. Of course, now he's like a robot on the court, nothing fazes him.

mileslong
03-24-2007, 09:44 AM
he was crying because he knew mirka was going to gain 50 lbs...

ATXtennisaddict
03-24-2007, 10:00 AM
I guess it doesn't feel good to be 2nd best in your hometown tournament.

stormholloway
03-24-2007, 10:05 AM
It's amazing how Roger dismantles Henman these days. Henman looked better back then admittedly.

soyizgood
03-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Mirka must be doing something right considering she has added on weight and is 3 years OLDER than Fed. Maybe they're soulmates. If Fed's happy, folks should STFU, or read rumors of Roddick/Sharapova/Haas triangle.

a guy
03-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Wow the difference is quite amazing. I'm talking about federer of course.

LarougeNY
03-24-2007, 12:44 PM
mates. If Fed's happy, folks should STFU, or read rumors of Roddick/Sharapova/Haas triangle.

Haas and Sharapova? Hes like a decade older, don't think thats gonna work out.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
03-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Haas and Sharapova? Hes like a decade older, don't think thats gonna work out.

maybe haas likes em white and young, lol.

DueSouth
03-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Lmao at 2:37 minutes-shows that fed hasnt always been so light on his fight no?

Thought it was quite funny that they play 'Simply the Best' when Henman gets the trophy...probably made Fed cry even more.

xanctus
03-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Thank God Federer doesn't think like those "many other pros." A sheer portrait of classic monogamy.

On topic, I almost didn't recognise Mirka there. She's pretty chunky now, but still nice-looking nonetheless.

Agree...I like Mirka before and now. :D
sure enough about weight loss is a good option, but sometimes looking at daniela hantuchova who needs more weight...it looks it's not gonna happen anytime soon either. :D nonetheless...cute girls

shavenstringer
03-25-2007, 10:41 AM
I guess Roger likes the Sumo wrestler look on women.

BiGGieStuFF
03-25-2007, 10:50 AM
She'll always have the pretty face I like, skinny or not. She still looks cute but obviously she looks better when she's thin. How tall is she?

rommil
03-25-2007, 10:49 PM

I think Tina Turner is his sentimental favorite.

FedFan_2007
03-25-2007, 11:12 PM
I think Tina Turner is his sentimental favorite.

Yeah he must own Tina Turner's Greatest Hits. Plays it every night in his hotel suite for Mirka.

Phil
03-25-2007, 11:16 PM
he was crying because he knew mirka was going to gain 50 lbs...

That's terrible! (but lol anyway!)...;)

OrangeOne
03-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Wow, Federer got absolutely crushed by Henman. Amazing.

It's obvious that Federer didn't have his mental game under control back then. Of course, now he's like a robot on the court, nothing fazes him.

No criticism to you TonyB, but I wonder why is it that we insist on describing many of our sport's true champions as robots? Lendl: robot. Sampras: robot. Latter-years Agassi: robot. Now Federer: robot.

Tennis is a sport, not an art-form. In any sport, true excellence usually requires complete focus and dedication, and very few (eg. Mc) succeed at the highest of levels with any other method.

Personally, when forced to watch football (almost any code), for example, I see much more roboticism than I'll ever see any of the above named players produce. Pass ball, run into someone, repeat, find the odd gap every 10 or 30 minutes. Repeat. That's the football method. When tennis (esp. those guys I listed above) gives me ridiculous screaming winners often many times per game, I see much less roboticism. The players may act professional & business-like, but the sport itself is so much more fluid, risky & exciting than many, many others....

anirut
03-26-2007, 04:56 AM
One thing I've noticed about Mirka the very first time I saw her on TV -- she has a calm, graceful look -- not s-lutty looks of models.

Fed's smart. He's probably investing in a life-time asset. Beauty or sexiness (is there a word?) will only fade away with time. Grace will not.

0d1n
03-26-2007, 05:08 AM
Stop talking BS about Mirka! She just put on some weight "at 3 and 9 for stability". This is why Fedster turned into a winner, because of the "added stability". She might reach "SW2" though if she's not careful...:o

anirut
03-26-2007, 05:36 AM
Stop talking BS about Mirka! She just put on some weight "at 3 and 9 for stability". This is why Fedster turned into a winner, because of the "added stability". She might reach "SW2" though if she's not careful...:o

LOL! Great one!

0d1n
03-26-2007, 02:06 PM
LOL! Great one!

Thanks Anirut, you are very kind ;). Frankly even though I agree that the girl seems to gain weight every day now...I'm a bit "saturated" by all the Mirka bashing around here. Frankly I really do believe she is a very important part of Federer's life, and as such a very important factor in his tennis success as well. Performing at that level is extremely hard, and keeping it up for such a long time is even harder. It takes discipline and dedication, and a lifestyle of "who's the next chick I would like to ... aaa take out for dinner" wouldn’t help his career one bit. Emotional equilibrium and “stability” is immensely more important than his “oh so stable racquet” ;)

Fedace
03-26-2007, 02:11 PM

She was just beginning to get little fat here and there, it was all down hill from there, poor fed:sad:

anirut
03-26-2007, 06:25 PM
One thing I've noticed about athletes, once they stop their big routine, things begin to grow in the wrong places ... eh ... my wife for one ... and I'm becoming another.

Gundam
03-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Yes. Also, Mirka used to be a pretty good player herself. Somehow I feel Roger is such a lucky guy in every aspect including the companion for his life. Yes, Federer used to be a crybaby, very emotional one. It is amazing that he has managed to harness that and converted into 'energy' to compete.

http://www.smash.ch/grafiken/bilder/h_vavrinec.jpg