PDA

View Full Version : Any Love for Asics Gel Enqvists?

nyc
03-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Just wondering, very little feedback on those, only like one dude from Sweden.

Thinking about getting them, need a change from BF II's and Barricades feel too heavy.

stormholloway
03-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm curious about these as well.

BreakPoint
03-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Just wondering, very little feedback on those, only like one dude from Sweden.

Was that "dude" named Thomas Enqvist by any chance? ;) LOL

stormholloway
03-26-2007, 09:37 PM
He would be a biased reviewer I'd imagine.

BreakPoint
03-26-2007, 09:39 PM
He would be a biased reviewer I'd imagine.
Who knows? Most of the top pros wear customized or "paintjob" shoes anyway, so he may not even like the stock retail model.

nyc
03-27-2007, 04:09 AM
Who knows? Most of the top pros wear customized or "paintjob" shoes anyway, so he may not even like the stock retail model.

So Gasquet is wearing paintjobbed, SW2 Prince Shoes..??? ;)

Craig Sheppard
03-27-2007, 04:57 AM
nm... was going to mention fit, but you prolly won't have probs b/c you use BF II's and Barr's.

nyc
03-27-2007, 05:59 AM
so they have a similar toebox to the BF II's?

So Craig I assume you have a pair - are you happy with them?

Craig Sheppard
03-27-2007, 06:13 AM
so they have a similar toebox to the BF II's?

So Craig I assume you have a pair - are you happy with them?

Oh no... sorry to mislead. I actually couldn't fit them... and can't fit BFII's and BIV's. Figured not worth posting a negative... if you could fit the other shoes, you prolly will fit these... they seem similar.

Indy Tennis
03-27-2007, 07:53 AM

Good one!

At one point Jimmy Connors started wearing Nike while he was under contract with Converse.

He somehow got rid of all the Nike markings, and wore Converse socks, but the shoes were clearly Nike.

nyc
03-27-2007, 09:23 AM
well, I went ahead and ordered a pair, hopefully they'll work out.

stormholloway
03-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Let us know nyc.

BreakPoint
03-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Good one!

At one point Jimmy Connors started wearing Nike while he was under contract with Converse.

He somehow got rid of all the Nike markings, and wore Converse socks, but the shoes were clearly Nike.
Yeah, Federer still wears totally custom shoes that only look like the new Vapor 4's on the uppers, but underneath and inside they are different. Nadal's Breathe Frees are totally custom also.

Other pros during Connors' era used to also use magic markers to either black out logos on their shoes or draw in logos, like a Nike swoosh, on their other brand shoes.

I'd bet paintjob shoes are probably just as widespread as paintjob racquets are.

nyc
04-04-2007, 12:49 PM
So I received my Asics Enqvists -

First Impression:
They feel "well built", solid and of good quality. The sole has a ton of different technologies going on and the cushioned heel feels nice and snug. The design seems a bit busy and outdated, obviously not the same design level as Nike's, but I can live with it.

First Session:
I took 'em for a spin and hit for an hour on hard courts. Lacing them up was a bit strange, felt as though the laces end lower on the Bridge of the Foot than regular shoes. I usually use Breathe Frees II, and I am used to a comfortable-right-off-the-bat and sock-like fit. On the product page it says "slight break-in required".
No kidding.
For half an hour, I thought somebody put some c clamps on my feet, and then, all of a sudden, whoa, super comfortable and stable fit. To my surprise, they feel more stable than the BF II's and more cushioned, even they don't "envelop" the foot as much as the BF II's.
The traction is great and I felt very confident on my toes, moving and jumping around.
So far, so good...

Next will be test on clay....

stormholloway
04-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm curious about these as a Nike wearer too.

Oligall
04-04-2007, 02:36 PM
First post on the board :) Just received my Enqvist plus. Used to wear adidas B'III'S, B'IV's and a3 accelerator. Seems that the Asics are more comfy, has more cushionning and are pretty stable compare to the others big brands. The look is awesome ! Buy it, at this price, it's a deal. Here in Canada, on the only internet shop, they are sold at 160$, more expensive than the B'IV's.