PDA

View Full Version : New Barricade IV color

oscar_2424
03-27-2007, 05:23 PM
http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/ProductImages/AB4MLX.JPG
nothing espectacular but they look nice.

ScottyDOESknow
03-27-2007, 05:33 PM
They look good, but they're heaaaavy

Court_Jester
03-27-2007, 05:39 PM
I like this a lot. Quite understated and not too flashy color-wise.

oscar_2424
03-27-2007, 09:43 PM
I am ordering a pair. :D

TW Staff
03-28-2007, 04:28 AM
Note that these are slightly different than the other Barricades in that they are the LX version....leather. They have more leather in the upper in place of some of the mesh. A more classic look and feel, however, they are a tad bit heavier.

Spencer, TW.

Dunlopkid
03-28-2007, 04:31 AM
I like this a lot. Quite understated and not too flashy color-wise.

As compared to the new Feathers.:-o

oscar_2424
03-28-2007, 04:48 AM
Note that these are slightly different than the other Barricades in that they are the LX version....leather. They have more leather in the upper in place of some of the mesh. A more classic look and feel, however, they are a tad bit heavier.

Spencer, TW.

Thanks for the info.

oscar_2424
03-28-2007, 06:24 AM
ok i have a question, i cant find where to ship the adidas shoes to get the 6 month warranty, anybody got the adress?

Capt. Willie
03-28-2007, 10:12 AM
I like the new boys colorway - black/silver/yellow....I'd like to see it in the mens.

irishcommodore15
03-30-2007, 05:31 PM
In Japan, they have fully customizeable Adidas Barricades. They call it mi Barricade IV. First they measure each foot with a digital foot size analyzer. Then, you step onto a foot scanner and it analyzes your weight distribution and then you can customize the shoe width, typer of outsole, firmness of the midsole and the amount of cushioning. Finally, you choose from one of the 41 color combinations. The link is www.adidas.co.jp/miadidas Last time I checked, only the Adidas Barricade III is available for customization. The link didn't work well on my computer though.

cys19
03-30-2007, 10:33 PM
In Japan, they have fully customizeable Adidas Barricades. They call it mi Barricade IV. First they measure each foot with a digital foot size analyzer. Then, you step onto a foot scanner and it analyzes your weight distribution and then you can customize the shoe width, typer of outsole, firmness of the midsole and the amount of cushioning. Finally, you choose from one of the 41 color combinations. The link is www.adidas.co.jp/miadidas Last time I checked, only the Adidas Barricade III is available for customization. The link didn't work well on my computer though.

I received this in an e-mail from my Ph.D boss.

A Modern Parable

A Japanese company (Toyota) and an American company (General Motors) decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River. Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race. On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.

The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior Management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action.

Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the American team had 8 people steering and 1 person rowing.

Feeling a deeper study was in order; American management hired a consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion. They advised, of course, that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing.

Not sure of how to utilize that information, but wanting to prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team's management structure was totally reorganized to 4 steering supervisors, 3 area steering supervisors and 1 assistant steering manager.

They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 Person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the "Rowing Team Quality First Program", with meetings, dinners and free pens for the rower. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and bonuses.

The next year the Japanese won by two miles.

Humiliated, the American management laid off the rower for poor performance, halted development of a new canoe, sold the paddles, and canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The money saved was distributed to the senior executives as bonuses and the next year's racing team was out sourced to India.

SoBad
03-30-2007, 10:37 PM
ok i have a question, i cant find where to ship the adidas shoes to get the 6 month warranty, anybody got the adress?

Do a search, somebody's answered this before on here, I know it's in South Carolina some place...

kingdaddy41788
03-30-2007, 11:15 PM
why don't they make this customizing feature for the American site? not even the fit necessarily, but at least the design? Nike had it for tennis for awhile, and still has it for other sports...

diredesire
03-31-2007, 12:27 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/custservice/footwear_warranty.html

This is found on the TW main page, under returns, warranty info. Good luck ;)

oscar_2424
03-31-2007, 04:40 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/custservice/footwear_warranty.html

This is found on the TW main page, under returns, warranty info. Good luck ;)

EasternRocks
04-01-2007, 06:15 PM
One shoe I consider is the Adidas CC Feather III Men's Shoe, espicially for the clay courts. They last long and are very durable. For hard courts, I would consider one of the Nike Max Breathe III's. They aren't as durable as the Adidas Feathers but they are very highly recommended.