PDA

View Full Version : Which of these two shoes has the most 'glove like' fit ?

AndrewD
03-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Really simple. Out of the

Reebok Match Day Pump
Reebok Upset DMX

which one offers the snuggest, most 'glove like' fit?

Swissv2
03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Everybody's feet are different so we are not the people to ask. You must try these yourself.

mucat
03-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Personally, MDP didn't not provide "glove like fit" to me. I think it is because of the thick material (leather) it uses. NB shoes I have fit a lot better. Never tried Upset DMX.

BreakPoint
03-28-2007, 11:34 PM
I would say neither. I've owned the MDP and my feet kept feeling like they were slipping out the back, even when pumped up to the max, so definitely no "glove-like" fit there. I've also tried the Upset DMX in the store and they didn't feel glove-like, either, but rather loose inside.

Out of the dozens of tennis shoes that I own, the two that come to mind that have "glove-like" fits are the Prince T-10 and the Nike Vapor 3.

travlerajm
03-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Adidas shoes always fit my feet like a glove. But maybe that's just me?

AndrewD
03-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the input folks but I've got to say, Bugger!! I was hoping that I'd finally hit on a good shoe to replace my Barricades but it appears I was wrong.

Muscat,

I had a pair of NB 653's and had constant problems with my heel slipping. Switched to a pair of Tirands then Barricades and got the glove like fit I prefer, HOWEVER, once I put in my insoles there wasn't sufficient toe room. Moving up a size gives me extra length but not width in the toe box. So, I have to find another shoe. The problem for me is that the selection available in my area is nothing short of woeful. We've got Nike (too narrow and poor cushioning), Adidas (too narrow in the toe), Wilson (too narrow) and a couple of New Balance (heel slips) but that's about it.

BreakPoint,
I need a bit more room in the toe box - do the Prince T-10's offer that? They used to be quite good in that respect but it's been a good 16 years since I last wore Prince shoes. Also, do they fit true to size?

Thanks again for everyone's input .

mucat
03-29-2007, 12:59 AM
AndrewD, I found the lower end NB shoes noticeably do not have as "glove like" fit as the CT1001.

I just got the T10 (per BP's suggestion), the front of the shoes are quite roomy, don't know if it will be too much until I hit the court. They do fit true to size.

BreakPoint
03-29-2007, 01:31 AM
BreakPoint,
I need a bit more room in the toe box - do the Prince T-10's offer that? They used to be quite good in that respect but it's been a good 16 years since I last wore Prince shoes. Also, do they fit true to size?

Yes, the Prince T-10's do fit true to size. The toe box is not as roomy as some of the older Prince NFS shaped shoes (I actually found some of those to have too much room), but I would say roomier than the Adidas Barricade II's and Nike Vapor 3's.

I've heard some people say that the T-10's are somewhat similar to the Barricade IV's, but I can't confirm nor deny since I've never tried the BIV's.

blubber
03-29-2007, 11:35 AM
If you have trouble with heel slippage try these:

http://www.drscholls.com/product.aspx?prodid=32

They work pretty well. You just stick them on the back of your shoe. They stay on well and you can still take them off if you don't like them.

backcourt
03-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Andrew, I wear Upset DMX but have never tried Matchdays. I highly recomend the Upsets if you have a high arch and wide forefoot as I do. I use NB arch support insoles in them for which there is plenty of room. However, I also have a pair of 3d premiere pros, and I would describe their fit as more glove like than the Upsets, as they dont have as much volume. They are also wide enuff in the forefoot to accomodate my 2e foot. If you can find them, or order on TW, they may be your best bet in a Reebok.

califsurferboy33
03-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I would look for nike air zoom vapor speed's or nike air max voltage shoes...the voltage ones really felt like a glove...both shoes are like 3 years old so they are kinda hard to find.

ibringtheHEAT
03-29-2007, 07:04 PM
the nike azv speeds are good. the CC feathers are also good

stormholloway
03-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I would say neither. I've owned the MDP and my feet kept feeling like they were slipping out the back, even when pumped up to the max, so definitely no "glove-like" fit there. I've also tried the Upset DMX in the store and they didn't feel glove-like, either, but rather loose inside.

Out of the dozens of tennis shoes that I own, the two that come to mind that have "glove-like" fits are the Prince T-10 and the Nike Vapor 3.

Totally agree. The Vapor 3 is a glove. It feels like a ballet dancer's shoe.

HyperHorse
03-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Upset DMX..
The MDPs which i have, arent meant to be a "fit like a glove" shoe because its designed to fit medium/narrow width shoes, and that's what the pump system is for!!!!
Your own customised fit, hello? If you use the pump then u'll get a ultra tight glove fit. Capiche?

BreakPoint
03-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Totally agree. The Vapor 3 is a glove. It feels like a ballet dancer's shoe.
But, unfortunately, I wish they had more cushioning in the forefoot. Just nowhere near as cushioned as the Prince T-10, IMO. The Vapor 3's are so thin and hard on the bottoms that I definitely feel the ground more, but I'm not so sure that's a good thing. I prefer a softer ride.

BreakPoint
03-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Upset DMX..
The MDPs which i have, arent meant to be a "fit like a glove" shoe because its designed to fit medium/narrow width shoes, and that's what the pump system is for!!!!
Your own customised fit, hello? If you use the pump then u'll get a ultra tight glove fit. Capiche?
I pumped my MDP's up to the max but my heel was still slipping out of the shoe when I ran. And, yes, the shoe was my correct size as the fit in the rest of the shoe was fine. Also, way too heavy of a shoe for me. Felt like I was wearing army boots on the court.

HyperHorse
03-30-2007, 12:40 AM
I pumped my MDP's up to the max but my heel was still slipping out of the shoe when I ran. And, yes, the shoe was my correct size as the fit in the rest of the shoe was fine. Also, way too heavy of a shoe for me. Felt like I was wearing army boots on the court.

Well i guess you have really narrow feet... oh well...
Why am i posting this, i feel like im a sales rep for Reebok...
argh! :-P

BreakPoint
03-30-2007, 12:56 AM
Well i guess you have really narrow feet... oh well...
Why am i posting this, i feel like im a sales rep for Reebok...
argh! :-P
Actually, I've heard that heel slippage out of the shoe is a very common problem with the MDP's, so I don't think it's just my foot shape. The only other shoe out of like 30 different shoe models I've had this problem with is the Adidas a3 Forefoot a couple of years ago.

stormholloway
03-30-2007, 11:04 AM

Well the Vapor IV added nearly an ounce to its predecessor's weight. Hopefully this is where the extra weight went. Otherwise I feel the added weight is a waste.

To me though, the thin forefoot is kind of what makes this shoe. The responsiveness off the toes is phenomenal. I've had the best split steps out of any shoe with the Vapor III.