PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the LONGEST shorts??

MalibuSky
03-31-2007, 03:57 PM
My son likes long shorts and in the past I have been able to find Nike and Adidas "basketball" shorts that were long and had pockets. Now all the basketball shorts have weird colors and are a satin material...nothing he will wear on the court.

Most "real" tennis shorts have a 7" inseam and he will not wear them that short.....

Any suggestions :confused:

Craig Sheppard
03-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Long shorts? Buy these...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMANIKE-NMSUP3P.html

Actually, Nike makes shorts with 9" inseams. Look in TW's Nike Apparel section.

Noveson
03-31-2007, 04:35 PM
No, Nike has those shorts Nadal wears that hav a 13" inseam. I also play basketball and these are as long as most Jordan shorts.

Pr0DiGy
03-31-2007, 06:49 PM
These look really nice:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMANIKE-NMSPB10.html

Juan88
04-01-2007, 04:24 AM
No, Nike has those shorts Nadal wears that hav a 13" inseam. I also play basketball and these are as long as most Jordan shorts.

Yes, try the shorts nadal weared from Wimbledon 2006 to Masters Cup 2006. Called Nike Sphere Dry Long Shorts.
They have a 13" inseam.
They hang over your knees.
I also have one and they fit nice.:D

http://www.rafaelnadal.com/english/en/Images/Nadal-Ferrero02.jpg

Joeyg
04-01-2007, 04:44 AM
check out Balle de Match. They make some really long tennis shorts

Pleepers
04-01-2007, 06:15 AM
Cut the legs in some pants!;)

MalibuSky
04-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Long shorts? Buy these...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMANIKE-NMSUP3P.html

Actually, Nike makes shorts with 9" inseams. Look in TW's Nike Apparel section.

A 15 year old kid from California would not be caught dead in these!! We saw Nadal play at Indian Wells last month and part of Nadal's serve routine was dislodging his 'wedgie" caused by these pants...no joke, you can't really see it on TV because of the camera angle...next time you see him play...check it out...and you will think of me when you see it!!!

Thanks for all the other suggestions, and I will order a pair of the Nadal "shorts".

And Joey, I looked at the Balle de Match, they didn't seem really long...do you have a style name?

ShcMad
04-01-2007, 12:40 PM
MalibuSky, look into Nike Conquer shorts. They came out a year ago, so most stores won't have them on display, but Google is your best friend in this case. They have 11 inch seams. They reach and almost always cover my knee caps. I find that annoying during intense play, but it's a very nice-looking short. I just tend to prefer 9 inch seams. But, Federer wore it sometime last year (or two years ago).

MalibuSky
04-01-2007, 03:08 PM
MalibuSky, look into Nike Conquer shorts. They came out a year ago, so most stores won't have them on display, but Google is your best friend in this case. They have 11 inch seams. They reach and almost always cover my knee caps. I find that annoying during intense play, but it's a very nice-looking short. I just tend to prefer 9 inch seams. But, Federer wore it sometime last year (or two years ago).

I did a web search...couldn't find these anywhere!!:-(

ShcMad
04-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I did a web search...couldn't find these anywhere!!:-(

Try these guys:

http://www.********sports.com/m/Tennis/Tennis-Apparel_Men/Nike/p1/751766.htm

Replace ******** with h.o.l.a.b.i.r.d without the punctuation in between each letter.

I ordered from them many times, and had never had any trouble whatsoever.

*TW mods, please don't ban me. I'm just trying to help him get something that TW doesn't carry. :-(

Noveson
04-01-2007, 06:26 PM
I don't get how to get anything from there^. It all says showroom only, what the heck!?

MalibuSky
04-01-2007, 06:31 PM
I don't get how to get anything from there^. It all says showroom only, what the heck!?

Me too, only can purchase them at the store..looks like they are being discontinued, I did a yahoo search and did find them at another store but they didn't have his size! Too bad, these look like they would be perfect...anyone want to sell a used pair in size large...lol!!

DANMAN
04-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Check out the Puma mesh shorts TW sells. They are really long.

Fred Perry
04-02-2007, 10:44 AM
I got a pair of adidas 3/4 length soccer pants in the Philippines last month that I absolutely love playing in. They're style is different enough to dispel the inevitable Nadal comments but, unfortunately, they're no longer shown on the shopadidas.com store site. A little known Canadian based company called lululemon also makes some nice 3/4 length shorts which I find quite comfortable in cooler conditions

ibringtheHEAT
04-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Get some sweat pants hemmed to your desirable length =]

stevekim8
04-02-2007, 01:20 PM
lol nadal getting wedge, that's funny :D

dr_punk
04-02-2007, 02:32 PM
i'm gonna have to agree as well.. i'm not into the 3/4 pant shorts and honestly, anything less than 10 inches and more than 12 1/2 I wont wear. I just find it comfortable when it goes an inch above the knee or so

kalic
04-05-2007, 04:53 AM
Champion. I have it, one color, soft 100% cotton, big pockets, extra comfort....and Nadal-look long

gmonfils
04-05-2007, 06:22 AM
The Lululemon stuff is actually quite nice. You can even get some of there shorts with compression shorts underneath. The only problem is this is technically workout/yoga wear an d either has no pockets or pockets that are not geared for tennis.

Tchocky
04-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Nike is probably your best bet. They make some long *** shorts.

dr_punk
04-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Nike is probably your best bet. They make some long *** shorts.

yeah, they're either too long or too short

Fred Perry
04-06-2007, 10:52 AM
The Lululemon stuff is actually quite nice. You can even get some of there shorts with compression shorts underneath. The only problem is this is technically workout/yoga wear an d either has no pockets or pockets that are not geared for tennis.

my lululemon capris have large front pockets, good for at least 3 balls !!! my only complaint about them is the drawstring, supposedly designed specifically NOT to come out in the wash, comes out everytime no matter how I knot or tie them :mad:

StunLock
04-06-2007, 12:16 PM
basketball shorts are longer in general and jordan shorts seem to be the longest among them

RLFore
04-06-2007, 12:31 PM
basketball shorts are longer in general and jordan shorts seem to be the longest among them

Adidas also has long basketball shorts that I like better than the Nike's because they have deeper pockets.