PDA

View Full Version : i need a breathe free 1 replacement!

courtrage
03-31-2007, 09:43 PM
seems like now matter what i shoe i wear (bf2, b2, punto, vapor speed) i have a little discomfort with the back of my heel and achilles area and my knees feel more jarring when doing like a warmup job...but i put on my 100 year old breathe free 1 and i dont feel hardly anything at all. i think the punto and vapor speed is tolerable but i dont know why other shoes bother me... whats so great about the breathe free 1? describe what you guys remember about it in terms of fit and stuff... it does feel that my heel is locked in better in that shoe than any other of the shoes i mentioned though...wonder if thats the culprit... :-\

to refresh your memory...heres a page where you can get the info on the bf1... http://web.archive.org/web/20040212065436/www.tennis-warehouse.com/ShoesNike.html thanks

upon quick look...i'm thinkin the vapor 3 may be ok...bf1 says "double lasted upper" and the vapor3 says "double-lasted forefoot"...and both have zoom air in the front and back...what does that mean about the double lasting? i've narrowed what i like to three things...low to the ground, snug heel or a tough upper so my foot stays in place...i've noticed when i product tested the vapor s2 the front part of my knees hurt...i got the feeling the upper was too flimsy...sent them back to nike, knee problem (runners/jumpers knee like pain) went away...

edit: found out what "double lasted" means. The upper is wrapped around the midsole and attached to the outsole. So from the ground up it goes outsole, upper, midsole, upper...normal shoes go outsole, midsole, upper...who knew :-)

Noveson
03-31-2007, 09:52 PM
How did you still get that page?

courtrage
03-31-2007, 10:00 PM
How did you still get that page?

its kept at a web archive site...its nice that i found it...can check out old gear specs...

carrwash13
04-01-2007, 10:54 AM
WOW!....that archive site is amazing.....I'm checkin out all the old nike lines!

jamumafa
04-01-2007, 01:58 PM
I WISH I could buy some old BF 1's. The all whites. they were friggin sweet