PDA

View Full Version : Keys to Agassi style

BaseLineBash
04-01-2007, 08:36 PM
1.) Stay on or inside the baseline.
2.) Hit on the rise, take time away from opponent.
3.) Pin point accuracy.
4.) Hit hard at the highest level possible, but make sure it's low enough to keep consistant.
5.) Hit huge to intimidate.
6.) Try to be patient.
7.) Recognize possible winner scenarios before you the pull trigger(depending on opponent)
8.) Keep on your toes and keep focused.
9.) Make the other guy have to beat you, don't give it to him.
10.) Slice serve and hard! on both sides.
11.) Hit flat and deep, but put enough top on it to keep it in court.(flat equals pace which can mean a subtraction of reaction time for the other guy)

Feel free to add other keys.

Steven87
04-01-2007, 08:42 PM
3.) Pin point accuracy.
4.) Hit hard at the highest level possible, but make sure it's low enough to keep consistant.
6.) Try to be patient.
7.) Recognize possible winner scenarios before you the pull trigger(depending on opponent)
11.) Hit flat and deep, but put enough top on it to keep it in court.(flat equals pace which can mean a subtraction of reaction time for the other guy)

12) Have a very short backswing on both sides

drakulie
04-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Set up point with good placement on serve.

stormholloway
04-01-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm still struggling to hit my one handed BH on the rise. Takes a good knee bend I imagine, and a firmer wrist.

drakulie
04-01-2007, 09:47 PM
^^^ Funny how different people have a hard time with different shots. For me, it is very easy to hit on the rise with the one-hander. However, shots that are at shoulder or above are difficult.

squints
04-01-2007, 10:04 PM
13) If need be, out jock and out last your opponent

donut
04-01-2007, 10:09 PM
penguin walk fast so they dont get time to rest between points!

stormholloway
04-01-2007, 11:54 PM
^^^ Funny how different people have a hard time with different shots. For me, it is very easy to hit on the rise with the one-hander. However, shots that are at shoulder or above are difficult.

Yep. I'm the opposite. I'm 6'3" though, with a tricky right knee. I think that has something to do with it. I've been handling the high ball well.

Any tips for hitting the shot on the rise?

mmuubb
04-02-2007, 05:24 AM
14)Hitting a winner after your opponent runs six times along the baseline is far better tahn hitting a winner on your second shot.

drakulie
04-02-2007, 07:02 AM
Yep. I'm the opposite. I'm 6'3" though, with a tricky right knee. I think that has something to do with it. I've been handling the high ball well.

Any tips for hitting the shot on the rise?

Like you said, you gotta get low to the ground. I'm 5'9" and have always had problems generating pace with the higher balls. For whatever reason, the low shots and on the rise shots on the backhand side have always been very comfortable for me.

BaseLineBash
04-02-2007, 08:08 AM
12) Have a very short backswing on both sides

That's a pretty important one that I left out.

noeledmonds
04-02-2007, 10:06 AM
3.) Pin point accuracy.
6.) Try to be patient.

Generally these are good points here. It is interesting that everyone takes Agassi's style to be his resurected 1999 style. Agassi's original style would look more like this:
1) Try to finish points quickly due to cheesburger diet fitness
2) Attempt aburd winners from all over the court with a lower percentage but highly visually impressive game
3) Try and beat his oponent before he was on court with spoken intimidation tactics

tenniko
04-04-2007, 10:02 PM
1) Move your feet
2) Watch the ball
3) and Always play with Penn

...:D