PDA

View Full Version : Sampras draws Mac, Korda & Wilander in Boston

Moose Malloy
04-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Pete's first match is against Korda who's done very poorly in his previous Champions Cup appearances. Nice that they kept him away from the 2 best players(Courier, Martin) in this field. Wish I could be there May 5(when Sampras plays Mac)

Pete Sampras' first tournament match since winning the 2002 U.S. Open pits him against the man who knocked him out of the 1997 U.S. Open — Petr Korda. Sampras will make his Outback Champions Series debut at Champions Cup Boston on Thursday, May 3 when he takes on 1998 Australian Open winner Korda. The round-robin tournament is set for May 2-6 at Boston University’s Agganis Arena.

Featuring a field consisting of Sampras, John McEnroe, Jim Courier, Todd Martin, Mats Wilander, Pat Cash, Jimmy Arias and Korda, Champions Cup Boston is the second tournament of the 2007 Outback Champions Series.

In a match featuring a battle of two seven-time Grand Slam Champions, McEnroe will take on Wilander on Thursday, May 3. 2006.

Defending Champions Cup Boston champion Martin and former Wimbledon champion Cash will kick off play on Wednesday, May 2, followed by four-time Grand Slam winner Courier vs. Arias. The highly-anticipated match between Sampras and McEnroe will take place during the night session on Saturday May, 5.

Champions Cup Boston features an eight-man round-robin match format with the winner of each four-player group meeting in the championship match on Sunday, May 6 while second place finishers in each division meet in the third-place match. Competitors in Group A feature world No. 1 players Sampras, McEnroe and Mats Wilander along with Korda. Players in Group B consist of former world No. 1 Courier, former Wimbledon champion Cash, Martin and Arias.

Tickets start at just $15 and are available at (617) 931–2000 or www.ChampionsSeriesTennis.com.

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=16776&bannerregion=

GRANITECHIEF
04-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Televised?

Moose Malloy
04-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I think it will be on TTC

brayman9
04-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I am going to see pete play mac so i will keep you updated. I am going for the final too. I live a half hour from Boston so i am all set. Pete better win. I am to young to have seen him on the tour so this is really exciting.

rasajadad
04-05-2007, 10:09 AM
I'll be there on May 4th (7:30pm session.) Can't wait!

PS- I thought it was televised on NESN (New England Sports Network)

brayman9
04-05-2007, 12:02 PM
yes it will be on nesn along with the mad fisherman and redsox games. That is all they play on that channel. Oh wait they show other boston sports to but rather than that. It is all you will be seeing on that channel:)

Gugafan_Redux
04-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Pete v. Johnny Mac would be awesome. Mac should get destroyed!

spadesss
04-10-2007, 07:36 AM
cameras ok to used without flash?
anyone know the rules of using a camera with flash?
i am going to assumed that cameras are allowed inside and be used but not flash during play. anyone know?
i never been to a tennis event.

rasajadad
04-10-2007, 10:33 AM
The tickets only say NO FLASH.

spadesss
04-11-2007, 04:46 AM
The tickets only say NO FLASH.

don't have tickets on hand. i think i read that part on no flash online.

i think i might call them and ask if its ok with flash before and after the match.