PDA

View Full Version : sliced shots...

jsep10
09-12-2004, 12:40 PM
i was playin this guy n at first i was dominating the game, but then he jz started using this slice cheap shot on me n that's when i started going downhill..i ghot really frustrated cuz everytyme i try to return it..it always end up as a set up...i jz wanna know what's the best way to return those kind of shots?? help please...[/b]

Rickson
09-12-2004, 08:07 PM
I play against a chopper and he does this to me so he can neutralize my power forehand. I return his little chop shots by taking an open face and playing the angles on him or returning the ball deep. I take an open face and usually have an eastern fh or continental grip. I usually take a semi-western on forehands, but for low sliced shots, this can be harmful for good returns. Remember to play the angles and/or get the ball deep.

Cloudbuster
09-12-2004, 09:36 PM
You can always try playing his game, you can slice it right back. A lot of the time, that's my strategy. If someone slices, I slice back, if someone net rushes, I make sure I get to the net before them for an easy put away.

You could always hit a higher ball with more topspin if it turns out he sets you up with the first slice to give you more recovery time.