PDA

View Full Version : Changing grip

rhcolt07
04-05-2007, 04:34 PM
I was just thinking about this, so I came to you guys for an answer. If I bough a 4 3/8 grip racquet right now, and I wanted a 1/2 grip later, could I buy a replacement grip and change the grip to whatever I needed?

daswars
04-05-2007, 04:53 PM
I was just thinking about this, so I came to you guys for an answer. If I bough a 4 3/8 grip racquet right now, and I wanted a 1/2 grip later, could I buy a replacement grip and change the grip to whatever I needed?

Some racquets does, but generally it must go to the factory to put some staples on the exchanging parts.

Sorry if i couldn't help more. :confused:

rhcolt07
04-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Ok thanks. I was just thinking about this because I'm a 4 3/8-1/2 but I ordered a LM Radical 4 3/8 and plan on putting an overgrip. I'm still growing a lot, so I was asking to see if I could just change it to a 4 1/2 or higher when needed.

SteveI
04-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Ok thanks. I was just thinking about this because I'm a 4 3/8-1/2 but I ordered a LM Radical 4 3/8 and plan on putting an overgrip. I'm still growing a lot, so I was asking to see if I could just change it to a 4 1/2 or higher when needed.

Hi,

Easy to go up a 1/2 or full grip size.. the other way not so easy.

Regards,
Steve

rhcolt07
04-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks for clarifying, I probably won't be going down a grip size as far as I know. I have one more question though..., if I replace the overgrip, will removing it after a while ruin the "main" grip?

theRadical
04-05-2007, 08:36 PM
you can use a shrink wrap sleeve to make your grip one size bigger. overgrips generally increase grip size by 1/16.

dylo
04-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Thanks for clarifying, I probably won't be going down a grip size as far as I know. I have one more question though..., if I replace the overgrip, will removing it after a while ruin the "main" grip?

yes but it depends on the overgrip, the main grip, and how long. generally i found that if u leave an overgrip on for a long time, it will leav residue on the main but i hav only seen this happen to leather grips and only when the overgrip was left for a long period (couple months). some overgrips will stick to the main grip and leav residue, usually between 2 tacky grips (some kind of gamma overgrip left part of its self on my hydrosorb once).