PDA

View Full Version : Problem!! RDS 002 Tour

daswars
04-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi guys,

I'm going to change my stick. Actually i have a SL version (330g unstrung) of the Yonex RD-Ti 80, but i want something a little bit lighter.

I want to change to RDS 002 Tour, but i don't know if maintain the SL version or switch to the UL, because when i test the 001MP i was very disapointed on the lack of weight behind the ball on my 2hbh, and now i'm afraid that's going to happen with the UL version of the 002 Tour.

I'm in Europe and i think i can demo both soon, but i must choose one first to ship. (If i choose the right one at first, earn time, you know????)

I'm just wondering if someone hit with the Yonex 002 Tour SL and UL version and felt something like i felt.

Help me!!!

That's my DILEMA (PROBLEM)!!!

fuzz nation
04-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Haven't tried it, but I can't believe the heavier one won't work after the experience you had with the 001. The 002 Tour looks like it should be just right - and I reeeeally want to try one!

Just a benign vote...

samster
04-05-2007, 07:50 PM
FYI:

1/8 and 1/4 grips are available in UL (Ultra Light) specs ONLY. UL tension range is 50-60 pounds.

3/8, 1/2, and 5/8 are available in SL (Super Light) specs ONLY. SL tension range is 55-65 pounds.

Racquet Specifications

Headsize: 98 sq. in.

Length: 27.00 in.

*******Weight (strung): 12.25 oz.-SL / 11.60 oz.-UL*******

Stiffness (Babolat RDC): 62

Balance: 12.40 in. Head Light-SL / 12.50 in. Head Light-UL

Cross Section: 20mm Head/19mm Throat

Swingweight: 325 kg*sq. cm-SL / 321 kg*sq. cm-UL

String Pattern: 16x19

Grip: Yonex Synthetic

cys19
04-06-2007, 07:51 AM
how come i don't see sl and ul on tw's catalog?

armand
04-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Hi guys,

I'm going to change my stick. Actually i have a SL version (330g unstrung) of the Yonex RD-Ti 80, but i want something a little bit lighter.

I want to change to RDS 002 Tour, but i don't know if maintain the SL version or switch to the UL, because when i test the 001MP i was very disapointed on the lack of weight behind the ball on my 2hbh, and now i'm afraid that's going to happen with the UL version of the 002 Tour.

I'm in Europe and i think i can demo both soon, but i must choose one first to ship. (If i choose the right one at first, earn time, you know????)

I'm just wondering if someone hit with the Yonex 002 Tour SL and UL version and felt something like i felt.

Help me!!!

That's my DILEMA (PROBLEM)!!!Think the 002Tour would be/feel heavier than the Ti-80(330SW vs 315SW).

haveheart
04-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know HOW the UL version is made lighter? It can't just be a different handle since the UL version is actually more head light. Is the head a slightly different width? If the head wasn't changed, why would there be a different recommended range for stringing tension compared with the SL version?

louis netman
04-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Does anyone know HOW the UL version is made lighter? It can't just be a different handle since the UL version is actually more head light. Is the head a slightly different width?

If the head wasn't changed, why would there be a different recommended range for stringing tension compared with the SL version?

1) Changes in mass at the handle can affect the balance, therefore overall wt and HL specs may be altered. 2) They figure the lighter frame will be less powerful, thus the lower recommended tension...

haveheart
04-06-2007, 09:29 AM
L_netman,

this doesn't make sense. If the UL version has a lighter handle, then if the rest of the racquet is the same, by definition, it will be more head heavy not head light.

tlm
04-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Good questions by haveheart, i was wondering why the tension ranges are different also.I demoed the sl version + now own the ul version, they both have a great feel.The sl racquet had to much power for me with the extra weight+ only 6 points headlight.

The ul has better control, i guess the 8 points headlight+ lighter weight help with control.But even this model has more pop than the rds 001 mp.I am in the process of fine tuning this racquet with different string jobs.

I believe it will be the best stick i have ever used when i am done.The 002 tours have a unique feel + great comfort, much easier on the arm than the 001 mp.

haveheart
04-06-2007, 09:40 AM
tim, I know it would be difficult to tell visually, but did you get a sense that the head of the UL version is slightly different than the SL version?

tlm
04-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Haveheart, i couldnt tell you because i didnt have both racquets at the same time.I demoed the sl, then later i purchased the ul.I know that you could really feel the difference in weight, the sl was noticeably heavier.

fujitsu77
04-06-2007, 10:17 AM
tlm, what was the sl version you tried strung at? and what strings were you using?

tlm
04-06-2007, 10:27 AM
The demo had wilson nxt, dont know the tension.Had great feel + spin, way to much power.My friend had one also strung with prince orig. syn. at 58 lbs. again way to much power.Then he strung it with sppp 17l. mains at 58 lbs. with gamma livewire xp 17 g. x's strung at 58 lbs. a little better but still to much power for me.

louis netman
04-06-2007, 11:45 AM
L_netman,

this doesn't make sense. If the UL version has a lighter handle, then if the rest of the racquet is the same, by definition, it will be more head heavy not head light.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm speaking from general racket experience, not from Yonex experience specifically. Does UL mean Ultralight and SL, Superlight...which one is supposed to be the lighter one? I can then provide a better explanation...

tlm
04-06-2007, 11:53 AM
The sl weighs 12.2 ounces, the ul weighs 11.6 ounces.

cys19
04-06-2007, 11:56 AM
what's the standard version? why are there sl and ul without a standard?

louis netman
04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
L_netman,

depends on where Yonex places the mass on the handle. For example, Vantage gives the consumer the opportunity to purchase frames with different weight and balances. Outside of the obvious headsize and string pattern differences, your order is tailored to your specs by distribution of mass within the handle. It would not be cost-efficient to produce an array of different weighted frames...Hope this helps...

Firestarter
04-06-2007, 10:57 PM
i have a 002 tour in Sl 3/8

would it be lighter than the 1/2 or the 5/8?

does the weight increase by a small increment on does it move form 11.6 to 12.2?

Cos my SL 3/8 doesnt feel that it weighs 12.2 more like somewhere between the SL and UL

tlm
04-07-2007, 07:49 AM
As far as i know there is only a difference in the ul+sl, no change in weight from 3/8 to 1/2.

daswars
04-07-2007, 08:08 PM
As far as i know there is only a difference in the ul+sl, no change in weight from 3/8 to 1/2.

When you hang the SL version and the UL version and hit the ball, what's the major difference that you felt?

tlm
04-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Not sure what you mean by hang, but i can tell you both racquets have a great feel.Both feel really solid on groundstrokes, such a sold feel with so much comfort.

I would say that the big difference is the sl probably feels even more solid because of its added weight + more head heavy balance.The exact same thing that makes it to powerful for me, but i am really picky when it comes to control.

I use a lot of topspin so i can tame the power some, but i like to take big cuts+ dont like to have to be to cautious because of to much power.But i will say when i timed it right with the sl version with the added power i could hit winners that were really outstanding.

I also thought the serves were better with the sl racquet, you could really just let the racquet do the work.But both are better serving than the 001 mp, i have been using the 001 mp for a while now.I would say that the ul 002 is as good or better in all departments as the 001mp.But if i could only get the 002 in the sl version i would have to stay with the 001mp, much more control than the 002 sl.

I am in the process of taming the power out of the 002 ul + it is feeling better everytime i hit with it.But even with this racquet i am raising the tensions to max which is 60 lbs, or above which i dont understand why this one is lower.I have been using it lately at 63 lbs with cyberflash 17 g.+ it feels about perfect, i know i am over the max tension but i still think there is no reason this frame cant take 65 lbs.

daswars
04-08-2007, 04:29 AM
Not sure what you mean by hang, but i can tell you both racquets have a great feel.Both feel really solid on groundstrokes, such a sold feel with so much comfort.

I would say that the big difference is the sl probably feels even more solid because of its added weight + more head heavy balance.The exact same thing that makes it to powerful for me, but i am really picky when it comes to control.

I use a lot of topspin so i can tame the power some, but i like to take big cuts+ dont like to have to be to cautious because of to much power.But i will say when i timed it right with the sl version with the added power i could hit winners that were really outstanding.

I also thought the serves were better with the sl racquet, you could really just let the racquet do the work.But both are better serving than the 001 mp, i have been using the 001 mp for a while now.I would say that the ul 002 is as good or better in all departments as the 001mp.But if i could only get the 002 in the sl version i would have to stay with the 001mp, much more control than the 002 sl.

I am in the process of taming the power out of the 002 ul + it is feeling better everytime i hit with it.But even with this racquet i am raising the tensions to max which is 60 lbs, or above which i dont understand why this one is lower.I have been using it lately at 63 lbs with cyberflash 17 g.+ it feels about perfect, i know i am over the max tension but i still think there is no reason this frame cant take 65 lbs.

Hang=Grab the racquet

Sorry for my english. I'm from europe and my experience in english language is only in school.

If you have msn messenger or yahoo, can u send a pm with your e-mail for better talk with u? I'm gonna have one to demo, but i must to pick the right one. Now i'm playing with a SL version of RD-Ti 80 but i have to switch.

Thanks.

KOtennis
04-08-2007, 09:38 AM
The sl weighs 12.2 ounces, the ul weighs 11.6 ounces.

tlm,

got a question, i m still a bit confused by this SL and UL thing.

-are both the SL and UL RDS002 TOUR?

-or is the lighter UL NOT RDS002 TOUR, but the thicker beam RDS002?

i borrowed by buddy's RDS002 TOUR, grip size 4 3/8, strung it up and it weighs around 12.35 (with overgrip)

i am trying to use racquet around 11.9oz-12.1oz, so 12.35 is a bit heavy for me.

so if there ARE 2 versions of the RDS02 TOUR, i sure will go demo the LIGHTER UL version.

thanks

tlm
04-08-2007, 11:19 AM
The sl+ul are both the tour racquets.The sl weighs 12.2 ounces + the ul weighs 11.6 ounces.They are both the same beam size, those weights are pretty accurate.I have a good scale + have checked both.

the sl is also only 6 points headlight while the ul is 8 points.The problem i had was that any demo stores i know of only demos the 4 3/8, which means you can onle demo the sl version.

I demoed the sl + liked it but as i said before it was to powerful for me + i did not like the 6 point hl balance.So i took a chance + purchased the ul tour + it is working out perfect.They have similair feel but are quite different racquets.

daswars
04-08-2007, 11:38 AM
The sl+ul are both the tour racquets.The sl weighs 12.2 ounces + the ul weighs 11.6 ounces.They are both the same beam size, those weights are pretty accurate.I have a good scale + have checked both.

the sl is also only 6 points headlight while the ul is 8 points.The problem i had was that any demo stores i know of only demos the 4 3/8, which means you can onle demo the sl version.

I demoed the sl + liked it but as i said before it was to powerful for me + i did not like the 6 point hl balance.So i took a chance + purchased the ul tour + it is working out perfect.They have similair feel but are quite different racquets.

E-mail me to change contacts msn messenger or yahoo messenger, ok?

saguar0
04-08-2007, 12:55 PM
The ul has better control, i guess the 8 points headlight+ lighter weight help with control.But even this model has more pop than the rds 001 mp.I am in the process of fine tuning this racquet with different string jobs.

I believe it will be the best stick i have ever used when i am done.The 002 tours have a unique feel + great comfort, much easier on the arm than the 001 mp.

Hmm, I demoed both 001MP and 002 Tour SL. I did like 001MP more, - 002 SL just felt too heavy, - may be I am not good enough for it. 001MP swings much lighter, is more maneuverable and, to my surprise, - I was serving really well w it. I didn't have any arm problems with it either.

I do play with Ti-80 UL now, so I am interested in 002 UL, but can't get to demo it anywhere.... I think Yonex just needs to stop this UL-SL crap alltogether, - these are essentially two different racquets - just have a separate model - RDS 002.5 :-)

Tim, are you saying that stock 002 Tour UL, with the same strings setup is much more powerful than 001MP? That's too bad...

tlm
04-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes the 002 tour ul is more powerful than the 001 mp, but not as big a difference as the sl version.I have been using the 001 mp for a while now+it is a great racquet.

One problem with the 001 mp is it is a little harsh on the arm, the 002 tour is much more comfortable.I want to use poly strings + with the 001 mp it is to stiff, but with the 002 tour i can use them with no discomfort.

You are correct when you say the 002 tour sl is a little heavy, if i had to pick between those two i would choose the 001 mp.But with the 002 tour ul being much lighter i am going with it.

daswars
04-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Yes the 002 tour ul is more powerful than the 001 mp, but not as big a difference as the sl version.I have been using the 001 mp for a while now+it is a great racquet.

One problem with the 001 mp is it is a little harsh on the arm, the 002 tour is much more comfortable.I want to use poly strings + with the 001 mp it is to stiff, but with the 002 tour i can use them with no discomfort.

You are correct when you say the 002 tour sl is a little heavy, if i had to pick between those two i would choose the 001 mp.But with the 002 tour ul being much lighter i am going with it.

tlm, you are a 1hbh or 2hbh'er?

Did you notice some lack of weight behind the ball when you hit?

That's because i felt that when i hit my 2hbh with the 001 MP in a demo session.

I actually play with a RD-Ti 80 v.SL.

I liked the 001 MP, but i didn't like my 2hbh with it. The head were too light to me, because i'm used to my RD-Ti 80 v.SL.

I'm a confusion!!!!! LOL

tlm
04-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I use 1 handed backhand+ yes the 001 mp is light feeling because of its headlight balance.

daswars
04-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I use 1 handed backhand+ yes the 001 mp is light feeling because of its headlight balance.

So, between the 001MP and the 002 Tour v.UL, you say that you notice that the 002 is more head heavier than the 001MP, right?

You can say that the strike in the backhand is more consistent than with a 001 MP?

Thanks and sorry if i'm boring you!!! ;)

tlm
04-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I dont know if i would say that for sure, i said the 002 tour sl is head heavy, not the ul. there is not a lot of difference in the weight or the balance between the 001 mp+ the 002 ul.

daswars
04-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I dont know if i would say that for sure, i said the 002 tour sl is head heavy, not the ul. there is not a lot of difference in the weight or the balance between the 001 mp+ the 002 ul.

Ok, but i donīt care about the weight or the balance. That's not very important to me right now.

What's important to me is the sensation i have when i hit the ball on my 2hbh.

When i hit/What i felt on my 2hbh:

- RD-Ti 80 v.SL -------> Great weight on the ball
- 001 MP -------> Lack of weight on the ball
- 002 Tour v.SL -------> (Probably) Good weight on the ball
- 002 Tour v.UL -------> ???????? Lack, Enough, Good, Great ???????

Remenber...My goal is downgrade a little weight that i'm used to.

KOtennis
04-08-2007, 06:58 PM
tlm,

thanks for clearing this up.

looks like my friend's is the SL version.

now i want to go look for the UL version.

i hit with the 12.35oz SL version this afternoon.

very good racquet overall, but i think i will much prefer the lighter UL.
but after 3 games it was getting too heavy.

i was just at a local shop today. the dude helping me didnt know the SL/UL difference....

daswars
04-09-2007, 11:07 AM

tlm,

how do you compare the power of the RD-Ti 80 SL version to the 002 Tour SL version?

Thanks.

tlm
04-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I couldnt tell you because i have never used the rd- t80.

daswars
04-09-2007, 02:49 PM
I couldnt tell you because i have never used the rd- t80.

Ok. it's a shame.

Thanks.

stormholloway
04-09-2007, 02:52 PM
I hit with the 002 Tour UL today, assuming UL is the lighter one.

Great racquet, but a bit light. I put the Add-On grip wrap on the handle and now it's too head light. Definitely needs a bit of lead, but I will say the sweet spot on this racquet is sweet indeed, and very large.

It truly does everything very well.

tlm
04-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Ul is the lighter one of the rds 002 tour racquets, glad to hear someone else has tried this racquet.Your right stormholloway it is a little light, but that is another advantage of it, there is plenty of room to add weight if you want it.

Like you said it has a nice sweetspot + it does everything well.I have 2 of these now so i can really experiment with the best string set up.It usually takes me at least a month or so + 20 different string jobs to get it a new stick just the way i want it.

I dont want to celebrate to early but i believe this is going to be the best racquet i have ever owned!

daswars
04-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Ul is the lighter one of the rds 002 tour racquets, glad to hear someone else has tried this racquet.Your right stormholloway it is a little light, but that is another advantage of it, there is plenty of room to add weight if you want it.

Like you said it has a nice sweetspot + it does everything well.I have 2 of these now so i can really experiment with the best string set up.It usually takes me at least a month or so + 20 different string jobs to get it a new stick just the way i want it.

I dont want to celebrate to early but i believe this is going to be the best racquet i have ever owned!

With the lead tape and the leather grip, did your 002 Tour UL get closer to the weight of the 002 Tour SL?

After all, is only about 0,7oz, right?

stormholloway
04-09-2007, 05:42 PM

The Add-On wrap weighs 16 grams, so I'm going to put 16 grams of lead, which I just ordered, somewhere inside the hoop. Where should I put the weight though?

Top of the hoop or more at the 3/9 position? I'd like to preserve the original balance of this thing. The hoop definitely needs more mass though as now it's too headlight.

Despite the weight issue right now, the racquet truly is great. The sweetspot is the largest I've ever felt for it's headsize. With the beam as thin as it is, the sweetspot seems to jump out at the ball. I never framed a ball.

tlm
04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
daswars,

i never said anything about a leather grip or lead weight.Right now i am using it stock+ like it. I did experiment with some lead in the throat+ it was okay because it did not change the balance.

As far as sormholloway, if i was you i would add a few grams at 3+9+ if thats not enough weight add a little in the throat.

daswars
04-10-2007, 12:05 AM
daswars,

i never said anything about a leather grip or lead weight.Right now i am using it stock+ like it. I did experiment with some lead in the throat+ it was okay because it did not change the balance.

As far as sormholloway, if i was you i would add a few grams at 3+9+ if thats not enough weight add a little in the throat.

Sorry, my mistake.

I was confused about the SW2 of jdeloach.

Thanks.

counterpuncher
04-10-2007, 12:28 AM
how do you compare the power of the RD-Ti 80 SL version to the 002 Tour SL version?

I have owned and played with the RDX 500mp, RD-Ti 80 (SL), RDS 001 mp and now the RDS 002 Tour (SL).

IMO power from lowest to highest of the stock racquet would be

For groundstrokes :
RD Ti 80 < RDX 500 < RDS 001 < RDS 002 tour

For flat serves :
RDX 500 < RD Ti 80 = RDS 001 < RDS 002 tour

Heaviness of the ball as opposed to power for me is different again and I can almost always certainly attribute it primarily to the weight of the racquet. So IMO, in stock guise, the RD Ti 80 and RDS 002 tour will always hit a heavier ball for the same stroke than the lighter RDS 001 and RDX 500.

For plow through or heaviness of the ball :
RDX 500 < RDS 001 < RD Ti 80 < RDS 002 tour

p.s. one final note, with a little lead tape (3 grams at 10 o'clock and 3 grams at 2 o'clock) on my RDS001, it's flat serve capability is pretty much on par with my RDS002 Tour. The static weight is about 10 grams less, the swingweight is about the same, as is the heaviness of the ball that it produces, but the feel is different as it is a stiffer racquet.

daswars
04-10-2007, 01:40 AM
I have owned and played with the RDX 500mp, RD-Ti 80 (SL), RDS 001 mp and now the RDS 002 Tour (SL).

IMO power from lowest to highest of the stock racquet would be

For groundstrokes :
RD Ti 80 < RDX 500 < RDS 001 < RDS 002 tour

For flat serves :
RDX 500 < RD Ti 80 = RDS 001 < RDS 002 tour

Heaviness of the ball as opposed to power for me is different again and I can almost always certainly attribute it primarily to the weight of the racquet. So IMO, in stock guise, the RD Ti 80 and RDS 002 tour will always hit a heavier ball for the same stroke than the lighter RDS 001 and RDX 500.

For plow through or heaviness of the ball :
RDX 500 < RDS 001 < RD Ti 80 < RDS 002 tour

p.s. one final note, with a little lead tape (3 grams at 10 o'clock and 3 grams at 2 o'clock) on my RDS001, it's flat serve capability is pretty much on par with my RDS002 Tour. The static weight is about 10 grams less, the swingweight is about the same, as is the heaviness of the ball that it produces, but the feel is different as it is a stiffer racquet.

So, the most powerful racquet is the 002 Tour SL, right?

Now i'm playing with an oldpaintjob RD-Ti 80 SL (wich i like very much), but it's getting too old.

I'm about to demo a 002 Tour SL, and i'm very expectant with the result.

Do you think i'm gonna like 002 Tour SL?

Thanks.

counterpuncher
04-10-2007, 01:45 AM
So, the most powerful racquet is the 002 Tour SL, right?

Now i'm playing with an oldpaintjob RD-Ti 80 SL (wich i like very much), but it's getting too old.

I'm about to demo a 002 Tour SL, and i'm very expectant with the result.

Do you think i'm gonna like 002 Tour SL?

Yes I think it is the most powerful and IMO it plays very similar to the RD Ti 80, just with more power, a little more swingweight and more solid overall. Providing you adjust to the extra swingweight, I believe you will like it as for me it does everything a little better.

daswars
04-10-2007, 01:55 AM
Yes I think it is the most powerful and IMO it plays very similar to the RD Ti 80, just with more power, a little more swingweight and more solid overall. Providing you adjust to the extra swingweight, I believe you will like it as for me it does everything a little better.

Ok, thanks.

I hope you're right ;)

Regards.

saguar0
04-12-2007, 12:24 PM

Thanks for the comments... Even though it is tempting, but I don't think I will go with RDS 002 UL, simply 'cause I can't demo it.

I am glad you like RDS 002 UL and finally found a racket you truly love. I am going to buy RDS 001 MP though - I had it in my hands, i played with it, i like it, so be it :p

tichinko
04-12-2007, 01:53 PM
I would like to thank you tlm, it was helpfull for me to read about your experience with RDs 002 Tour and Topspin Cyber Flash string. I have a reel of Topspin and this was the first choice for string to try. It was not very comfy and quite powerfull at 58 lbs. Then I tried to mimic the Gamma string I have in my RDS 003, the Fusion 19 (super control, super spin,so-so comfort) and tried Cyberflash/RIP Control @59/57. This one was comfortable trampoline. Reading about your experience I tried same thing at 64/62 and it was almost perfect. Today I hit with something that went one step further - I strung Iso-speed Control at 66/64 and it sings songs. COntrol, power on demand and comfort al these is there in full throtle. I am not a big string breacker so durability is not so much of concern for me especially with stringing machine in my basement and Iso-speed being under 10 bucks. Thanks again for sharing, I hope I can help somebody else. My RDS 002 is the heavy one, 355 grams strung, with the Yonex dampener and Yonex overgrip.

tlm
04-12-2007, 05:35 PM
saguaro,i have been using the rds 001 mp for thre last 6 months or so+ it is a great racquet.The only thing i didnt like was that it is to harsh to use with polys, even copolys seemed a little hard on the arm with the stiffness in the 001 mp.But believe me it is a great stick, i just like the comfort+ power of the 002 ul.

Hey tchinko, glad i could help.Dont be afraid to raise that tension up on the 002, i have the ul + i still have to raise it to at least 63 lbs.I am still experimenting with different strings, the only way i can lower the tensions with sppp or cyberflash is by using a syn. x's.I have tried iso speed control in the past + you are right very good comfort + great control.The thing i didnt like about it is i did not get good bite or that good of spin from that string.

AJK1
04-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Did i miss something? Where is the reference to UL/SL on TW website?

stormholloway
04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
There isn't, and there should be. I'm having to lead up my UL to simulate the SL. Should work fine though.

samster
04-12-2007, 08:29 PM
RDS 002 Tour, depending on the grip size, this determines whether it is UL (ultralight) or SL (superlight). PLEASE READ BELOW CAREFULY.

1/8 and 1/4 grips are available in UL (Ultra Light) specs ONLY. UL tension range is 50-60 pounds.

3/8, 1/2, and 5/8 are available in SL (Super Light) specs ONLY. SL tension range is 55-65 pounds.

Racquet Specifications

Headsize: 98 sq. in.

Length: 27.00 in.

*******Weight (strung): 12.25 oz.-SL / 11.60 oz.-UL*******

Stiffness (Babolat RDC): 62

Balance: 12.40 in. Head Light-SL / 12.50 in. Head Light-UL

Cross Section: 20mm Head/19mm Throat

Swingweight: 325 kg*sq. cm-SL / 321 kg*sq. cm-UL

String Pattern: 16x19

Grip: Yonex Synthetic

tlm
04-12-2007, 08:43 PM
I think counterpunchers comparisons of the yonex racquets is very accurate.

tichinko
04-13-2007, 08:58 AM
I think the power of Y001MP and Y002T is about the same but they are getting there different way, one with its stiffness the other with its weight. It is harder to control an object in motion that is heavier than another and thus it might seem that Y002T have more power, beacuse it is harder to manipulate it.

tlm
04-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Not the case tichinko, i have tried both of the 002 tour racquets.I now own the ul version, which is less powerful than the sl.But even the ul is definitely more powerful than the rds001 mp, i have been using the 001 mp for some time now.

And now i have been using the 002 tour ul for a few weeks + it is more powerful than the 001 mp.The 002 ul is lighter than the 001 mp, but it is still more powerful.

daswars
04-16-2007, 01:56 AM
Hi, i just demo the SL version of the 002 Tour and i felt:

1. It's very powerful;

2. It sounds very metallic;

Let's see if i get used to it, or not!!!!

;)

counterpuncher
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM
It sounds very metallic

If you are into polys then SPPP (or something similar) will lessen this feeling and sound dramatically. Otherwise natural gut, a soft multi or something like IsoSpeed Professional will definitely get rid of that sound. In this regard it is very similar to the RD-Ti 80.

guedoguedo
04-21-2007, 08:15 PM
People who have demoed the SL or UL, WHAT GRIP SIZE WAS IT?? Can you confirm that SAMSTER's chart is correct?? I just told a pro to order this racket in 4 1/2 and am hoping there is only one model for this size. If there are two tour versions i will be so ****ed. WTF do they do this!!

jdeloach
04-21-2007, 08:27 PM
People who have demoed the SL or UL, WHAT GRIP SIZE WAS IT?? Can you confirm that SAMSTER's chart is correct?? I just told a pro to order this racket in 4 1/2 and am hoping there is only one model for this size. If there are two tour versions i will be so ****ed. WTF do they do this!!

Samster is correct. The 4 1/2 will be the SL version.

nanoscaled
05-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Just as a side note, how does the RDS 002 (sl) play with Luxilon BB ALU strings?

John Kawasaki
05-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I have my 002 SL (3/8 grip) strung with ALU mains @60 and Yonex 850 @ 62....plays great with this combo. This particular stick weighs out @12.1 oz with a balance of just over 8 pts HL. I am REALLY pleased with this stick compared to the K95 (16x18) which I also own (nice frame also) but the 002 Tour is a little less powerful (which is about right for me). I have much greater control with the 002 with plenty of power and spin capability. The playing swing weight is less with the 002 compared to the pretty hefty K95. I was considering going lown to a 1/4 grip due to it being lighter but I so like the solidness of this 3/8 002 Tour that I don't want to compoimise that asset. For the past 5 years my comfort zone were racquets in the 11.0-11.5 range with swingweights from 310-320. After playing with the K95 for 3 weeks even the 002 SL Tour does not seem that heavy to me anymore: I seem to have settled into a new higher swingweight window (325-330).

nanoscaled
05-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Thank you for the review. But for all those old yonex users, what do you say to the luxilon strings?