PDA

View Full Version : Any tournaments in NYC?

Tempest111
04-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm still pretty new and i'd like to see some real matches. thanks

SoBad
04-05-2007, 08:19 PM
U.S. Open is toward the end of the summer, and supposed to be decent, for other opens you have to make your way through the USTA website dungeon, have a nice time!

35ft6
04-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Watched an Open tournament in Central Park. The finals was NO joke. It was a white dude named Polansky, I think, and a black kid named Neptune? Venus? He last name was one of those I think. They were good. Like Satellite or Futures level. The Polish guy at least. He was older, played a smarter game.

rasajadad
04-06-2007, 05:17 AM
There's also a futures tournament in the Bronx (Van Cortland Park, I think) in August.

TennisLeaguePlay
04-07-2007, 07:11 AM
Tennis NewYork is going to start on the April 30th:
http://www.tennisnewyork.com/

J011yroger
04-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Bronx Challanger comming up.

Actually I think Forest Hills has the clay court one.

I know the open where the winner gets a wildcard into the quali draw of the challanger is comming up in may.

I will be playing in that if you would like to come watch me get stomped.

J

35ft6
04-08-2007, 12:28 AM
Bronx Challanger comming up.

Actually I think Forest Hills has the clay court one.

I know the open where the winner gets a wildcard into the quali draw of the challanger is comming up in may.

I will be playing in that if you would like to come watch me get stomped.

J Are you playing a qualifier to get into the qualifier in order to get into the tournament that gives the winner a wildcard into the US Open qualifier?

The LA Open has a similar series of tournament that affords the final winner a wildcard into the LA Open, and you have to win a series of tournaments to get that chance. Like maybe 2 or 3, and even the very first round of the first tournament is shark infested.

J011yroger
04-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Yes I am. Puts that long road to the top thing in perspective doesn't it?

So in theory if I won, 34 rounds of tournaments, I could lose to Fed in the US Open Final.

The draw will be a bonecrusher and dirt is tough for me hence the getting stomped comment.

It may not be the first or second round, but somewhere in there a whooping awaits me.

J