PDA

View Full Version : TW PC600 Question:

bossass
04-06-2007, 01:04 AM
So, a couple years ago I got back into tennis. I started back with a PD+ and have graduated or evolve over two years to the PC600 I got on a whim. I'm trying to acquire some other Prestiges to use, older classics and I've been researching the racket on TW forums. I came across this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=74763&highlight=kennelbach

I thought the PC600 was still a production racket for Head. I never looked until now, but I thought it would be a racket that you could get at other retailers or your local shop perhaps. I just thought it was a re-issue or classic in their current line. After looking around I see you can't really buy one new from anywhere other than TW.

Now, that TW thread says what they are selling right now is from the "last batch made in Austria". Okay. So, am I to understand correctly that once TW runs out of this batch, that the PC600 will no longer be available anywhere but the auction sites and the buy/sell forum here?

Deuce
04-06-2007, 01:50 AM
So, a couple years ago I got back into tennis. I started back with a PD+ and have graduated or evolve over two years to the PC600 I got on a whim. I'm trying to acquire some other Prestiges to use, older classics and I've been researching the racket on TW forums. I came across this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=74763&highlight=kennelbach

I thought the PC600 was still a production racket for Head. I never looked until now, but I thought it would be a racket that you could get at other retailers or your local shop perhaps. I just thought it was a re-issue or classic in their current line. After looking around I see you can't really buy one new from anywhere other than TW.

Now, that TW thread says what they are selling right now is from the "last batch made in Austria". Okay. So, am I to understand correctly that once TW runs out of this batch, that the PC600 will no longer be available anywhere but the auction sites and the buy/sell forum here?
Well... we've thought before that we had seen the 'last batch'... but - as you see - there has been 'one more batch' at least a couple of times since the racquet was 'discontinued' in 2001.

Will there be another 'last batch' (or 2 or 3)? I suppose only Head (and possibly TW and a couple of other stores that got the most recent batch) know.

Richie Rich
04-06-2007, 04:58 AM
there seem to be quite a few around to satisfy demand for a while. keep in mind - if there is sufficient demand racquet mfgs will keep making a frame - pro staff 6.0 85 is another example