PDA

View Full Version : question about pure drive w/cortex

rum02
04-06-2007, 03:10 AM
this thread could probably go into tennis tips and instruction as well but i don't think it matters. anyway, about a month ago i bought a pure drive and i've found to be overhitting a lot, mainly on my forehand (when "going" for my shots), my backhand is actually quite good with this racquet. also when playing frequently (everyday, 2 hours a day) my elbow has started to get a little sore. my question is should i persist with this racquet and try to improve my forehand or just buy a lower-powered, more flexible racquet instead of the pd? if i'm regularly hitting my forehands a few meters long will it make that much difference if i switch racquets?

ps. i would demo racquets but i can't because i'm outside the US. ntrp (estimated) 4.5

Fossika
04-06-2007, 03:42 AM
Sounds like a technique issue, I have the same racquet, similar NTRP and I can hit big forehands consistently. You just need to put more work on the ball, concentrate on getting your top spin and the power comes freely.

DCotton
04-06-2007, 04:54 AM
I have a babolat and think it is pretty bad. it has no control and I hit alot of shots out. Im demoing the Liquid Metal Prestige, The Wilson K factor 90, the Prince tour Diablo, and the Technifibre 335. Said to have much more control.

Forehand Forever
04-06-2007, 05:04 AM
Shorten up your swing maybe you're taking the racquet back too far. Maybe bend your knees a little more. I have the same racquet and those things tend to help when I'm over hitting.

cys19
04-06-2007, 06:42 AM
seriously try the lm radical mp with hybrid poly+multi. very soft with enough power. My friend has a PD+ w/ Cortex and I hated it too.

rum02
04-08-2007, 12:49 AM
"I have a babolat and think it is pretty bad. it has no control and I hit alot of shots out. Im demoing the Liquid Metal Prestige, The Wilson K factor 90, the Prince tour Diablo, and the Technifibre 335. Said to have much more control"

DCotton, hows the technifibre? i'm interested in the tfight 320.

samster
04-08-2007, 05:24 AM
I think you need to apply more topspin with the Pure Drive line when hitting out.

Regarding elbow pain, this may be related to the string you are using. Stiff racket and polys don't go well if you have tennis elbow in the works.