PDA

View Full Version : For you POG lovers!!

drakulie
04-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Seems like every other thread is about the K racquets, so I just thought I'd send you guys some love! My k-90's are being strung so I had a hit with a POG mid today. WOW! I had forgotten how beautiful this racquet hits. It was strung with luxilon mains and goshen crosses. I have only once before hit with Luxilon (full job-mains/crosses), and hated it. But this thing was VERY lively. Now I could relate as to what all the "hype" is about on these strings.

As for the racquet, like I said>> it performed beautifully! Great serves, groundstrokes, volleys. Prince definitely had/has a winner with this racquet. It's a shame they were discontinued.

Voltron
04-06-2007, 10:04 AM
You mean the good POGs were discontinued. (IE four stripe) Speaking of which, I have the chance to buy two POG OS four stripes, but I don't have the money. :( Oh well, I guess I'll never have a good POG.

tennisguy7482
04-06-2007, 10:09 AM
long live the POG mid!

new ones arent too bad, 4-stripes are a dream.

drakulie
04-06-2007, 10:18 AM
^^Yeah, that's what I was talking about>>> the four stripe. I have never hit with the newer ones so I can't make a comparison. But many people prefer the older ones to the newer ones, which is why I stated "discontinued".

jasonbourne
04-06-2007, 05:22 PM
drakulie, thanks for this post.

How would you compare the POG Mid to your k90 in the serves, groundstrokes and volleys?

Is there any aspect you found the POG perform better compared to the k90?

Like spin, feel or stability?

drakulie
04-06-2007, 06:22 PM
jasonbourne, they are very different "animals". Both equally amazing.

I would say the biggest difference is the stiffness. To me the POG was rock solid (in a very good way), where as the k90 is stiff, but feels softer. I would imagine a lot of people enjoy this type of feel the POG offers, as it provides excellent feedback to your hand at contact>>> just different than the K. It is a much more raw feel.

The serves on both are amazing, although I would give the edge to the K.

I would give the POG the edge in groundstrokes as I found it easier to generate a faster swing thru contact both on the foerhand and backhand. I was also getting excellent spin and able to hit flat shots with more pace than the K. (An influence of the strings perhaps??).

As for stability, I would give the edge to the POG. Like I said, it is rock solid and does not twist in your hand at all.

The volleys I would definitely give the edge to the K, although the POG was amazing as well. I think, especially related to this department it is a matter of what the user enjoys more. The k is solid with much better feedback to one's hand, whereas the POG is also solid but does not have the same amount of control.

All-in-all, I had a great time hitting with this racquet today, and with the string set up. Like I said, I had fogotten what it was like to hit with this racquet. I don''t think anyone could go wrong with this racquet, and I am surprised I have no seen more people using them, or promoting this racquet on the boards.

Bengt
04-06-2007, 06:44 PM
You're dead on about the raw feel. It's even better when you don't overgrip the leather.

drakulie
04-06-2007, 06:47 PM
^^^ yeah, I usually use tournagrip but wasn't using any over grip on it. The feel and feedback was just amazing.

This racquet and the raw feel is what a REAL racquet is about.

jasonbourne
04-06-2007, 07:10 PM
drakulie, thanks for sharing your feedback between the two frames.

I'm surprised you gave the nod in stability to the POG. Sounds like you can quickly adapt to the best wilson and prince frames.

I too am surprised less players on our boards don't hold the POG mid in higher esteem.

Thanks again for this thread and reminding us about the great POG.

KingOfTennis
04-07-2007, 04:53 AM
can any1 explain to me wat a POG is?

Ljubicic for number1
04-07-2007, 05:00 AM
can any1 explain to me wat a POG is?

Prince Original Graphite

prostaff18
04-07-2007, 05:19 AM
I bought a POG mid not to long ago and I was amazed at the rock solid feel. I felt like it was a dream to play with. I usually stay away from midsize racquets, but I wouldn’t hesitate buying three more and going to a tournament. I don’t know if it is the open string pattern, or the fact that it is a 93, but whatever it was I felt like it played a lot bigger than other mids. Anyone else think that it plays bigger than other midsize racquets?

Also mine is the newer model.

drakulie
04-07-2007, 06:37 AM
I bought a POG mid not to long ago and I was amazed at the rock solid feel.

Agreed! I had forgotten how SOLID this racquet is.

I felt like it was a dream to play with. I usually stay away from midsize racquets, but I wouldn’t hesitate buying three more and going to a tournament. I don’t know if it is the open string pattern, or the fact that it is a 93, but whatever it was I felt like it played a lot bigger than other mids. Anyone else think that it plays bigger than other midsize racquets?

Also mine is the newer model.

I definitely felt like it hit bigger from the ground than other mids. Rock Solid, Good Power, Spin, and Control.

Pushmaster
04-07-2007, 07:10 AM
I agree that the POG MP is an amazing stick. It's definitely in my all-time top 5 greatest racquets along with the PS 85, PC 600, PBP, and the MW 200G 95.

IT WAS IN!!!
04-07-2007, 09:25 AM
i just have serving problems with it im on or off on serves because of where the sweet spot is

KOtennis
04-07-2007, 09:33 AM
love the POG mid!!

i can put some nasty slices and drop shots with that baby!

and definitely agree with the "rock solid" feel

too bad i never had the chance to hit with the "good" POG mids

spinny
04-07-2007, 10:21 AM
I love my POG MID. Great spin, very stable, on the down side, sweet spot a little small. I coulnt resist an deal on a slightly used K90. Could you compare the two?

drakulie
04-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I coulnt resist an deal on a slightly used K90. Could you compare the two?

Here you go:

jasonbourne, they are very different "animals". Both equally amazing.

I would say the biggest difference is the stiffness. To me the POG was rock solid (in a very good way), where as the k90 is stiff, but feels softer. I would imagine a lot of people enjoy this type of feel the POG offers, as it provides excellent feedback to your hand at contact>>> just different than the K. It is a much more raw feel.

The serves on both are amazing, although I would give the edge to the K.

I would give the POG the edge in groundstrokes as I found it easier to generate a faster swing thru contact both on the foerhand and backhand. I was also getting excellent spin and able to hit flat shots with more pace than the K. (An influence of the strings perhaps??).

As for stability, I would give the edge to the POG. Like I said, it is rock solid and does not twist in your hand at all.

The volleys I would definitely give the edge to the K, although the POG was amazing as well. I think, especially related to this department it is a matter of what the user enjoys more. The k is solid with much better feedback to one's hand, whereas the POG is also solid but does not have the same amount of control.

All-in-all, I had a great time hitting with this racquet today, and with the string set up. Like I said, I had fogotten what it was like to hit with this racquet. I don''t think anyone could go wrong with this racquet, and I am surprised I have no seen more people using them, or promoting this racquet on the boards.

drakulie
04-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Just a follow-up. I had a hitting session with dr punk from the boards today. It was even better than yesterday. I was hitting some huge forehands with the POG today. dr punk could confirm. When I flattened out the shots they were rockets. Very, very solid racquet indeed.

:)

KingOfTennis
04-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Prince Original Graphite

thankyou :D

vince916
04-07-2007, 09:00 PM
where are the 4 stripes on the racquet?

mclee025
04-08-2007, 09:40 AM
where are the 4 stripes on the racquet?

If you look the picture of the newer POGs at this link:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=GRO

The green you see running around the perimeter of the face and handle is a single green pinstripe. The older POGs from the mid-80's (2nd generation?) have four thin pinstripes instead of one thicker one (as in the newer POGs).

Don't discount the newer POGs. I've got some old and new POG mids. My current sweetest setup, as in string + racquet, is a new generation POG mid strung with Wilson NXT tour 17 strung fairly tight.

The racquet pockets the ball like no other racquet I've played with before. You can feel the ball sink into the strings in those clean hard strikes followed by a nice "twack" sound. This is the feeling (and sound) of control, and it's a very satisfying sensation! In this regard, it's the best of all my many racquets. That's saying a lot because I've been trying many different types of player racquet setups.

SocalTennis
04-08-2007, 10:44 AM
The POG mid is the love of my life. Doesn't matter how many time I tried to look for someone new, I've always come running back to her. She serve me well in all areas (serve, volleys, and ground stroke are all SOLID). The best string that can fully brings out her full potential is Kevlar/syn. hybrid. With this set-up, she will give you the control you need and the softness you want. I just can't say enough about her and have enough of her. I currently have four (four stripes) and always looking to buy more. I guess, "only til death do us part"

Hessam
04-08-2007, 02:40 PM
The POG mid is the love of my life. Doesn't matter how many time I tried to look for someone new, I've always come running back to her. She serve me well in all areas (serve, volleys, and ground stroke are all SOLID). The best string that can fully brings out her full potential is Kevlar/syn. hybrid. With this set-up, she will give you the control you need and the softness you want. I just can't say enough about her and have enough of her. I currently have four (four stripes) and always looking to buy more. I guess, "only til death do us part"

I have a brand new POG 90 series with 4 5/8 grip (old 4 stripe version)... email me if you're interested.... Hessam@aol.com

Also has original beige full leather full racket cover for it.

Bengt
04-09-2007, 05:29 AM
It's been a while since I've played with the old Graphite Mid, but the current one seems closer to it than the old OS to the current OS. The current OS feels more powerful and less maneuverable than the old OS. I really like the current mid, although the grip seems slightly larger than the old one.

jasonbourne
04-09-2007, 12:31 PM
It's been a while since I've played with the old Graphite Mid, but the current one seems closer to it than the old OS to the current OS. The current OS feels more powerful and less maneuverable than the old OS. I really like the current mid, although the grip seems slightly larger than the old one.

Bengt, thanks for sharing your experience between the old and current versions. My brother-in-law likes the mid and was wondering about what he would be missing by not getting the old version.

santolg321
04-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I have two pog midplus 1987 4 stripes and I´m about to buy a third one

Simply, LOVE IT!!

drakulie
04-18-2007, 05:17 PM
^^^after meeting you, and hitting with yours, it inspired me to go buy one, and then make this thread.

By the way, I posted the pic in the "Your Picture" thread.

nhstennis
04-18-2007, 08:11 PM
i guess im lucky for getting a 4 stripe through a trade then!!

bluetrain4
04-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Love the POG mid and OS, but also love the Tour Diablo mid, which really can be considered an updated POG mid based on the specs and feel.

Both are great, but slightly different.

NLBwell
04-18-2007, 08:41 PM
My theories on the POG mid -
Open string pattern of 14 mains gives a lot of spin.
Small head size (90-93 sq.in. however you count it) gives the stringbed a lot of control - shorter strings don't flex enough to send the ball flying out of control.
Stiffer shaft gives good power, while more flexible head gives good feel. (I'm talking about the tennis racket)

Only criticism I've seen often is a lack of power on the serve - probably due to the flexible head. For more power on serve (and groundstrokes) you can weight up the head of the racket - I have 0.1 oz (3g) at 3 and at 9. If you really want more bashing power put another 0.1 or 0.2 oz at 12 (though this cuts maneuverability).
I also have some weight under the grip to keep the balance.

drakulie
04-19-2007, 05:37 AM
NLBwell, thanks for sharing. I recently switched to the k90 for the ps 85. I had been playing with the 85 for nearly 20 years.

Anyway, after I met santolg321 I was able to hit with his POG. As a result I bought one.

Thanks for sharing your setup with this racquet. I agree the POG is a bit lacking on the serve. But it still delivers a mean pop.

biggsy
04-20-2007, 09:43 AM
why did they stop making them? So is the Diablo it's nearest reincarnation? Does the NXG not come anywhere near it?

Peter Szucs
04-20-2007, 09:50 AM
NLBwell, thanks for sharing. I recently switched to the k90 for the ps 85. I had been playing with the 85 for nearly 20 years.

Anyway, after I met santolg321 I was able to hit with his POG. As a result I bought one.

Thanks for sharing your setup with this racquet. I agree the POG is a bit lacking on the serve. But it still delivers a mean pop.

Strange.. i find the POG to be a great serving tool.

drakulie
04-20-2007, 10:19 AM
^^ I was comparing it to the K90. I felt the k90 had a bit more pop.

I agree the POG is a great serving racquet as well. I don't think anyone (regardless of style of play) could go wrong with the racquet.

It is great on serves,
excellent on groundstrokes,
and very good with volleys.

A great all around racquet.

nhstennis
04-20-2007, 02:24 PM
i only only have one racket, my POG 4 stripe mid, should i buy another one, or will it be to hard to find a indentical POG?....im also looking into a AG200 as another option will this be a good backup racket?? Any other good rackets that are easily maneuverable-all court rackets?

drakulie
04-20-2007, 03:09 PM
nhstennis, From the sounds of it, you seem to really like the POG. If you have found a racquet you like and play well with my advice would be to get a backup. Searhc the boards for people who are selling them, buy one from TW, or go on the auction site. It isn't often one finds a racquet they are completely comfortable with.

Good luck in your search.

tenniko
04-22-2007, 02:21 PM
You're dead on about the raw feel. It's even better when you don't overgrip the leather.

I have to agree until the leather starts to wear out. I couldn't keep the racquet in my hands after that.

I love playing with my POG mid (newer version), and it's improved my game a lot compared to when I was playing with TT Warriors.

Solid, heavier groundstrokes and more penetrating serves. The amount of topspin you can get with POG mid is ridiculous. I currently play like nadal, and my forehand grip isn't even western :grin:

Although POG mid is solid, cons of POG mid I think exist. First, I cannot hit a flat ball AT ALL. I know this because when I was hitting with my friends LM Prestiege I was crushing them groundies F-L-A-T :twisted: (perhaps it's a Prince thing: open string pattern??:confused: ). Second would be that for (short:sad: ) two-handed backhanders like me would prefer a little more reach on the backhand. Perhaps that's why Ferrero is using LB. (I've used MC LB in the past). So I've been comtemplating to get POG LB and modify it to 27.5". Lastly, volleys aren't as solid as it could be, perhaps due to the thinner beam construction than my Warriors before.

Questions to those who've played with POG OS AND MID: which one do you like more???

jasonbourne
04-22-2007, 05:03 PM
tenniko, I like the mid version more. It suits my all-round game and 1hbh better than the OS.

I think the OS would suit 2hbh players better than the mid due to the higher power.

As for volleys, the wilson pro staff 85 and 90s are also thin beam. They perform better on serves and volleys compared to POG mid. I don't think the thin beam is the issue with the POG mid. Perhaps the head stiffness.

drakulie
04-22-2007, 05:12 PM
jason, I read in the other thread you enjoy the newer version of the POG than the 4 stripe version. Could you give a brief description in the differences between the two? I have never hit with the newer version. Thanks in advance.

jasonbourne
04-22-2007, 05:53 PM
drakulie, I don't own the old one. I played with the older version couple of years ago for 90 minutes from one of my hitting partners. Since then my tennis skills, foot work and condition is much better and sharper.

The newer one is clearly stiffer and faster to swing. These are two reasons I prefer the new one because I am able to produce more accurate serve placement and transition shots down the line. In addition, I can confidently and consistently take my opponents shots on the rise. I found stability slightly better with the new one as well. Power was greater.

I injured my wrist last year and stability (non-twisting on off-center) and comfort is top on my list for my rackets. I found the new version better for this than the older one.

In fact, I have played with my POG mid on fast hard court since the beginning of this month and I have never experienced a sore wrist after play. I'm extremely pleased with this result.

Weight, great control and "raw" feel were the same.

Perhaps my partner's racket is fatigued over the multiple string jobs it experienced over the years, hence, less stiff and power.

drakulie
04-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks jasonbourne. I'm going to have to give the new one a try as well.

dr_punk
04-22-2007, 08:07 PM
hey rick, whats this about a south florida tennis chapter

drakulie
04-22-2007, 09:18 PM
^^^ Just a name for the thread I will be doing with all the photots.

tenniko
04-22-2007, 09:36 PM
tenniko, I like the mid version more. It suits my all-round game and 1hbh better than the OS.

I think the OS would suit 2hbh players better than the mid due to the higher power.

As for volleys, the wilson pro staff 85 and 90s are also thin beam. They perform better on serves and volleys compared to POG mid. I don't think the thin beam is the issue with the POG mid. Perhaps the head stiffness.

Well, I have 2hbh, so I guess I should've tried out the OS (Maybe I'll go back to my Chang LBs).

I guess it's the stiffness of the frame rather than the thickness of the beam for the volleys now that you mention the pro staff. But for Prince, I've always associated the beam thickness with the stiffness, so in that sense I am not incorrect.

pchoi04
04-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Wow... My first day back in awhile.... This is great to hear SOMEONE talking about the POG.

nhstennis
04-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Has anyone played w/ the Longbody??
I love my POG but it is quite heavy.....is the LB a good stick, how does the 28" feel??

superjumbo
04-23-2007, 04:18 PM
nhstennis:

read this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=89048

In stock form I found the POG LB easy to swing, especially on groundstrokes. Groundstrokes are the frames strong point, they feel really sweet with good power and spin. Serves are a little tricky at first b/c of the extra length but you'll get used to it with practice. Once you're dialed in you'll find good power and pretty good control. Volleys are the stick's weak point but this frame's for baseliners so you won't be coming in too much.

The frame is nice in stock form but I play better when I cut it down 1/2 an inch and add some lead.

Lambsscroll
04-24-2007, 04:42 AM

Which kevlar string gauge do you use in the mains? Which string do you use in the cross?

nhstennis
04-24-2007, 02:51 PM
thanks super jumbo!!

santolg321
04-27-2007, 05:11 PM
^^^after meeting you, and hitting with yours, it inspired me to go buy one, and then make this thread.

By the way, I posted the pic in the "Your Picture" thread.

thanks drakulie you´re a great hitting parter I´ll love to hit again with you.

maybe in january 2008

drakulie
04-27-2007, 05:17 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ Well, 5 of us met up this past weekend. Too bad you were not there. We had a great time. You could see a bunch of the photos in this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=129762

Fred Perry
04-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Wow... My first day back in awhile.... This is great to hear SOMEONE talking about the POG.

Well, I guess you can count me in with the POG crowd now. Get this, I was at a garage sale here in Newport Beach (where one man's junk can truly be another man's treasure) and this old codger was selling a few racquets, all sheathed in Wilson Triad covers. One turned out to actually be a 4 stripe POG !!! one notch below my usual grip size but I quickly offered $30 and the man said "SOLD" I had read all the hype here and figured I'd give it a go, no matter how much I love my PK's.

Well, I switched to the POG for the last few games of my match this morning (I was already destined to lose to my talented young niece and people were waiting for a court so I figured it was a good time to break it in). Well, I actually pulled back a couple games. I especially found that shots I had to stab at from either wing were going back with good depth and crisp control. My serves - a strength with my PK's - did not drop off at all, though the feel was one of more movement with a little less pace. Backhands from around the baseline were solid, forehands sailed way long if I wasn't consciously applying a big dose of top spin, but the spin potential was certainly there. I didn't really get a chance to volley much with the POG but I generally felt like any ball that I got the face of the racquet on was going to go over and give me a chance to win the point - and that's all you can really ask for in a racquet, right?

tenniko
04-29-2007, 05:39 PM
nhstennis:

read this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=89048

In stock form I found the POG LB easy to swing, especially on groundstrokes. Groundstrokes are the frames strong point, they feel really sweet with good power and spin. Serves are a little tricky at first b/c of the extra length but you'll get used to it with practice. Once you're dialed in you'll find good power and pretty good control. Volleys are the stick's weak point but this frame's for baseliners so you won't be coming in too much.

The frame is nice in stock form but I play better when I cut it down 1/2 an inch and add some lead.

superjumbo, how much did the customization of LB cost?

superjumbo
04-29-2007, 06:11 PM
I asked a famous customization place what it would cost to cut off 1/2 an inch and match the weight and balance of 2 POG LBs. They said $125 per racquet. I find that price to be ridiculously high. Especially since I want them to cut off 1/2 an inch, not add it.

So I cut off the 1/2 inch myself. It's not that hard. You need a vice and a sharp blade. Make sure you cut straight. Some sand paper might also be useful.

tenniko
04-29-2007, 10:22 PM
how sharp are you talking about? and are the graphite that soft?

jaykay
05-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi all,

I bought a POG OS in impeccable condition from Snoflewis some time ago. Wasn't able to try it out since I was recuperating from an ACL injury in my left knee (still mighty slow and not ready to get back to competitive tennis yet).

But I did hit some balls with a friend earlier today with the POG, and my word, what a stick. It is incredibly stable, and one can rip winners from both sides with ease. My 2H BH was better than my FH and my BH slices were wicked. I didn't hit any serves (leg still weak).

After owning iRadical OS, Babolat PD, LM Radical MP, FXP Instinct, Dunlop HM200g and test-driving several other bazillion frames; I am really enjoying this frame. The feel is exceptional and the delicious 'thwack' when you hit the ball is SWEET! The feeling is SO GOOD, it borders on illegal...

I seek admission to the POG club. I am going to get me a few more and try the 93 as well.

Cheers, all.

drakulie
05-06-2007, 04:34 PM
jaykay, thanks for your input. The feel of these racquets is sweet, and yes it does border on "illegal". It always amazes me that with so many more racquets today to choose from, that so few of them are able to give off the exceptional feel of the older racquets. I remember playing with the OS when I was younger. Extremely solid racquet>>> even on volleys. If you ever try the mid let us know how you like it.

Hope your knee gets better quick!

nhstennis
05-06-2007, 04:36 PM
has anyone cut down a LB? does it feel like a lighter POG???
similar feel??

superjumbo
05-06-2007, 04:58 PM
a cut down pog lb (mine is about 27.3 in) without added lead feels light and whippy. I don't have a scale or a balance board but imagine a racquet that weighs about 11.0-11.3 oz (strung) and that's about 6-8 points head light. It's easy to swing but shots lack some heft.

The weight and balance remind me a little bit of the Dunlop mfil 200 2006 (27 in, 97 sq in head).

Adding lead helps but I have to admit that fooling around with lead is a pain. Should I add weight here, should I put some there, do I need to counter weight, etc. It drives you crazy and I hate thinking about it. I should point out that the pog lb has a trapdoor but the handle is filled with foam. So if you want to add weight to the handle you either have to take some foam out first, pierce nails through the foam, or add strips of lead on top of the bare handle (that is to say after you removed the leather grip).

I normally don't mess around with lead or customizing a racquet but this one time I did it and I'm happy to say I like it.

If you're thinking about trying a cut down pog lb try and get a used one off the boards. Do a search I remember a few people were selling them.

I've never used a regular pog so I can't compare them.

tenniko
05-06-2007, 09:11 PM
a cut down pog lb (mine is about 27.3 in) without added lead feels light and whippy. I don't have a scale or a balance board but imagine a racquet that weighs about 11.0-11.3 oz (strung) and that's about 6-8 points head light. It's easy to swing but shots lack some heft.

The weight and balance remind me a little bit of the Dunlop mfil 200 2006 (27 in, 97 sq in head).

Adding lead helps but I have to admit that fooling around with lead is a pain. Should I add weight here, should I put some there, do I need to counter weight, etc. It drives you crazy and I hate thinking about it. I should point out that the pog lb has a trapdoor but the handle is filled with foam. So if you want to add weight to the handle you either have to take some foam out first, pierce nails through the foam, or add strips of lead on top of the bare handle (that is to say after you removed the leather grip).

I normally don't mess around with lead or customizing a racquet but this one time I did it and I'm happy to say I like it.

If you're thinking about trying a cut down pog lb try and get a used one off the boards. Do a search I remember a few people were selling them.

I've never used a regular pog so I can't compare them.

could you describe how did you cut them (what did you cut them with? and was it time consuming?)

superjumbo
05-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Remove the leather grip and the butt cap. Measure from the bottom of the bare handle the amount you want to cut off. Draw a line around the handle marking where you'll make the cut. Place the frame in a vice (reccomended) or just hold it down firmly against a table with the end hanging off. Then make your cut. The molded part of the handle has a feel similar to styrofoam and is pretty easy to cut through. The graphite part is more difficult. Make sure you have a sharp blade (some type of saw) and make sure you cut straight. If you use sand paper you'll notice that the foam comes off easy but the graphite doesn't. So the purpose of the sandpaper is just to smooth out some rough edges after you made the cut.

See the posts in the link below. As suggested. a mitre saw will let you make the most accurate cut.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=38408&highlight=cut

Don't buy a new POG LB just to chop, you may hate it. Try and get a used one to try it out. To be honest there are probably lots of racquets that you'll play better with compared to a chopped pog lb. It's just something I've done and decided to stick with for a while.

KirkRussell
05-07-2007, 04:30 PM
POG lovers will never change...

Players frame!

I have 4 , 4 stripes...4-5/8 grip OS.

Would never go back to any other racket. EVER!

Every aspect of this racket is solid. I use Wilson hammerlast 19 gauge @ 56 elbows.

BTW - Drakulie...ever heard of the Miami Pride? I played for their squad at the #1 position.

Anyways take care and keep on POG'n!!

- Kirk Russell

drakulie
05-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Kirk, Miami Pride? That rings a bell. refresh my memory.

stormholloway
05-07-2007, 08:52 PM
So how does the POG compare to the PS85 in the serving category?

KirkRussell
05-08-2007, 04:31 AM
Drakulie,

Sounds kind of funny, but here it goes. I was playing at the Biltmore in Coral Gables when I had a group of men approach me and ask me if I would play on their team. I asked several more questions and responded with a "let me think about it". Well come to find out, this was a traveling team in Florida that would play other cities that also had "PRIDE"...if you know what I mean. The other teams did not take too well to the fact that I was "Straight" and blowing snot on the court.

I played one competition for this team, all expenses paid by their team (traveling , food, hotel ....etc). Beleive it or not it was a great round robin type of event where you play 6 matches in total. 1 singles at your position and then 1 doubles . 2 matches for every city you play. Pretty cool.

As far as playing in Miami, I used to play @ Flamingo park in SouthBeach all the time. I lived on Lenox Ave. Worst clay courts known to man...but it was convenient. I also play at Hibiscus Island alot. Have you ever played at Surfside? Little windy...but nice little facility.

- Kirk

drakulie
05-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Kirk, that is an awesome story. Blowing snot?? >> I love it! LOL

I have played at Flamingo Park before (long time ago). If memory serves correct, those courts WERE horrible. Not sure if they are still in bad condition. I believe they also use to have grass courts there?? Can't remember if it was Flamingo or another park. This was in the mid/late 80's.

Never played at surfisde, but playing in Miami is fairly windy, and the closer you get to the coast the worse the conditions.

By the way, are you still living in the Miami area? We have a group of about 5 of us from the Tennis Warehouse boards that have been getting together and hitting. In fact, we played today. We started a thread, which includes photos of all of us. here it is if you are interested:

drakulie
05-08-2007, 08:08 PM
So how does the POG compare to the PS85 in the serving category?

storm, sorry I didn't respond sooner. I didn't notice your post.

The POG is quite simply a monster. This goes for every stroke including the serve. It has excellent power, spin, and placement. I love the stiffness of the racquet, and the fact it does not twist at all. It is extremely stable. About two weeks ago, I played in a round robin tournament of 5.0 players that consisted of playing each player in your group a total of 5 games. I used this racquet in 3?? of the matches. I was serving really well, and didn't notice a drop in performance related to my serve.

However, as great as it is, if I had to choose I would take the 85 any day. I am able to get much better control and power with the 85.

Lambsscroll
05-09-2007, 08:45 AM
I hit bigger forehands with the POG than with the PS85. Might be do to the extra spin. I do remember hitting bigger serves with the PS85 but I'm still new to the POG.

jasonbourne
05-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Lambsscroll (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=3181), how do you like your kevlar/gut hybrid?

Ever tried it in the reverse combination in the pog?

KirkRussell
05-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Kirk, that is an awesome story. Blowing snot?? >> I love it! LOL

I have played at Flamingo Park before (long time ago). If memory serves correct, those courts WERE horrible. Not sure if they are still in bad condition. I believe they also use to have grass courts there?? Can't remember if it was Flamingo or another park. This was in the mid/late 80's.

Never played at surfisde, but playing in Miami is fairly windy, and the closer you get to the coast the worse the conditions.

By the way, are you still living in the Miami area? We have a group of about 5 of us from the Tennis Warehouse boards that have been getting together and hitting. In fact, we played today. We started a thread, which includes photos of all of us. here it is if you are interested:

Drakulie,

No, I do not live there any longer. That was during my younger years. Im still young ( 29 ) but a little slower. I currently play at a 4.5 level.

Weird that you offered to show me the photos....I had already checked them out! BTW - Craig Clark is a great seller on the TW forum. Recently purcahsed 3 POG's from him!!

- Kirk R.

KirkRussell
05-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Lambsscroll (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=3181), how do you like your kevlar/gut hybrid?

I use a Wilson Hammerlast 19 gauge - 56 lbs . This is a Kevlar blend. Really great blend at that !

Why would you ever switch the two out...Crosses/Mains?

Thanks for the reply , Kirk Russell

jasonbourne
05-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Kirk, I suspect with gut in the mains should provide more ball feel and power compared to it in the crosses. Spin would be less though - I suspect. Though I wanted to hear your and Lambsscroll's experiences.

drakulie
05-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Drakulie,

No, I do not live there any longer. That was during my younger years. Im still young ( 29 ) but a little slower. I currently play at a 4.5 level.

Weird that you offered to show me the photos....I had already checked them out! BTW - Craig Clark is a great seller on the TW forum. Recently purcahsed 3 POG's from him!!

- Kirk R.

Yeah, I saw your post there. CC, is a great guy! Glad to hear you got a bunch of frames you enjoy!

If you are ever in Miami, make sure to look us up!

drakulie
05-09-2007, 01:41 PM
I hit bigger forehands with the POG than with the PS85. Might be do to the extra spin. I do remember hitting bigger serves with the PS85 but I'm still new to the POG.

Agreed. For groundstrokes the POG is more powerful and more spin friendly than the PS85.

Lambsscroll
05-09-2007, 01:54 PM

I love it. I really cant ask more from my racket at the moment. Its playing THAT well. This string combo gives me some nice feel and the kevlar helps to tone down the power from the natural gut. I've never tried it in the reverse way.

jasonbourne
05-09-2007, 02:12 PM
(http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=3181)

KirkRussell
05-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Jason,

I dont know who that chick is under your name but Man she is smoking.

OK, for the natural gut. I love the strings that I currentlyt use ( Hammlast ).

I would never use a Kevlar on the crosses, makes no sense. Yes, gut gives you more feel but why not just use Gut on crosses and mains. I break strings every 1.5 hours of play. This is why I use the Kevlar. I do have a stringer but even then, This costs me $9.00 every time I play roiughly.

:) Kirk R

BounceHitBounceHit
05-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Jason,

I would never use a Kevlar on the crosses, makes no sense. Yes, gut gives you more feel but why not just use Gut on crosses and mains. I break strings every 1.5 hours of play. This is why I use the Kevlar. I do have a stringer but even then, This costs me $9.00 every time I play roiughly.

Ya Man!

I love the POG (especially the OS) but I absolutely BURNED through string in that thing. Admittedly, I strung it tightly (70#) but STILL. ;) CC

BTW thanks for the nod.......good doing business with you too. And I've got on more POG OS waiting on you if you want it!!

Lambsscroll
05-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Jason,

Full gut is too much power for me. I could increase the tension but then the sweet spot decreases. Kevlar seems just right and it also eliminates that trampoline effect from tension loss.

drakulie
05-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Kevlar seems just right and it also eliminates that trampoline effect from tension loss.

This is EXACTLY why I love kevlar.

playingagain
05-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I am now years out of college but I played with the POG 90 4-stripe in the juniors and in high school. I remember at one point switching to another racquet only to find myself searching for the POG again. I played with it through my years in college. Never thought ONCE about switching. It was a great stick for me.

Then of course, after college the tennis died down, well stopped... and about three years ago I started to get into it again a little but only for a short while. Come to find out that ahem... my mom got rid of my beauties apparantly giving them away to a friend/relative!!! So I thought I'd try out a few of the newer technology racquets. Came across the Babolat Pure Drive Team Standard. Didn't think much of it since it had been so long since I had played.

Now, I am back at it again and this time I am much more serious about it. I have good players to hit with and have entered a tournament. Probably was a 6.0 in my heday and now a 5.0/5.5. And now that I have some of my game back the Bab. Pure Drive was an absolute mess. I couldn't do anything and my balls were flying left, right and out. I am an aggressive swinger and it was just a mess. So, again... on with my search for a POG-like racquet, the gold standard of racquets, in my opinion.

The racquets I have tried and tested:

Head Microgel Extreme
Wilson Kfactor Ksix-one Tour 90
Wilson Nsix-one Tour 90 nCode
Babolat Pure Storm Team
Prince Tour Diablo
Prince Tour NXG
Yonex RDS 001

I went for the Yonex RDS 001. Absolute control monster of a stick. Game improved immediately and I had my shots back again. Had to work at and tweak my serve to get some adequate power into it, but then again I was never a killer go-for-the-ace server.

Now, I am beginning to find that my shoulder and arm are taking a bit of a beating after a few sets. I'm older now, 30, and still getting back into competitive form, but I just feel it in my arm and shoulder. This is likely due to the stiffness and lack of power of the RDS 001. Also, I find it harder to hit consistent heavy topsin on my backhand with this then with the POG. The RDS 001 tends to flatten out my shots more.

So now I am trying out the Dunlop aerogel 200 and 300, Volkl DNX 10, and Volkl Tour 10 MP Gen II. First off, I am quickly finding out that any head size over 95 is not for me. I need the nimbleness and maneuverability of a smaller head size. The Aerogel 200 is actually a surprisingly solid stick. But it has a boardier feel to it then I'd like and harder to get around my shots for heavy topspin. But surprisingly solid at impact despite it's lower weight. The DNX 10 is even more surprisingly impressive. I've never tried a Volkl racquet but this one is a great blend of power and control. Significantly more power than the RDS 001 without compromising too much control. I'm still trying these out, but I know the DNX 10 will be easier on my arm as the swingweight feels lighter and it's more flexible than the RDS 001. Plus with the DNX 10 I can really put some heavy topspin on my backhand as well as hit a flatter shot. I typically play with 62 lbs. on strings so I don't know what to make yet of the recommended 50-60 lb. string job in addition to hearing it plays better with a lower tension string job. Makes me a little nervous bec. the Bab. Pure Drive Team that I hated recommends a lower string tension as well. Still have to hit with it more. Also, the grip of the Volkl is rectangular but it's something i can get used to, and even during the first test I began to wonder if this grip was actually better suited for my shots.

All in all, I may have to let the RDS 001 go so my shoulder and elbow can be a little more relaxed and comfortable throughout and after matchplay. But I definitely still want a control-oriented racquet. I think I have found something in the DNX 10.

But the reason I am posting in this thread is bec. there is no replacement to the original Prince Graphite (4-stripe, never tried to one-stripe). But the reason I am not going with it now is I want less stress on my shoulder and arm.

drakulie
05-11-2007, 01:55 PM
^^^^^ Glad to hear you are back in the game! Thanks for sharing that with us.

dd051
05-12-2007, 08:53 AM
What was different with the diablo mid from the POG?

IT WAS IN!!!
05-12-2007, 09:23 AM
I am now years out of college but I played with the POG 90 4-stripe in the juniors and in high school. I remember at one point switching to another racquet only to find myself searching for the POG again. I played with it through my years in college. Never thought ONCE about switching. It was a great stick for me.

Then of course, after college the tennis died down, well stopped... and about three years ago I started to get into it again a little but only for a short while. Come to find out that ahem... my mom got rid of my beauties apparantly giving them away to a friend/relative!!! So I thought I'd try out a few of the newer technology racquets. Came across the Babolat Pure Drive Team Standard. Didn't think much of it since it had been so long since I had played.

Now, I am back at it again and this time I am much more serious about it. I have good players to hit with and have entered a tournament. Probably was a 6.0 in my heday and now a 5.0/5.5. And now that I have some of my game back the Bab. Pure Drive was an absolute mess. I couldn't do anything and my balls were flying left, right and out. I am an aggressive swinger and it was just a mess. So, again... on with my search for a POG-like racquet, the gold standard of racquets, in my opinion.

Head Microgel Extreme
Babolat Pure Storm Team
Prince Tour Diablo
Prince Tour NXG
Yonex RDS 001

I went for the Yonex RDS 001. Absolute control monster of a stick. Game improved immediately and I had my shots back again. Had to work at and tweak my serve to get some adequate power into it, but then again I was never a killer go-for-the-ace server.

Now, I am beginning to find that my shoulder and arm are taking a bit of a beating after a few sets. I'm older now, 30, and still getting back into competitive form, but I just feel it in my arm and shoulder. This is likely due to the stiffness and lack of power of the RDS 001. Also, I find it harder to hit consistent heavy topsin on my backhand with this then with the POG. The RDS 001 tends to flatten out my shots more.

So now I am trying out the Dunlop aerogel 200 and 300, Volkl DNX 10, and Volkl Tour 10 MP Gen II. First off, I am quickly finding out that any head size over 95 is not for me. I need the nimbleness and maneuverability of a smaller head size. The Aerogel 200 is actually a surprisingly solid stick. But it has a boardier feel to it then I'd like and harder to get around my shots for heavy topspin. But surprisingly solid at impact despite it's lower weight. The DNX 10 is even more surprisingly impressive. I've never tried a Volkl racquet but this one is a great blend of power and control. Significantly more power than the RDS 001 without compromising too much control. I'm still trying these out, but I know the DNX 10 will be easier on my arm as the swingweight feels lighter and it's more flexible than the RDS 001. Plus with the DNX 10 I can really put some heavy topspin on my backhand as well as hit a flatter shot. I typically play with 62 lbs. on strings so I don't know what to make yet of the recommended 50-60 lb. string job in addition to hearing it plays better with a lower tension string job. Makes me a little nervous bec. the Bab. Pure Drive Team that I hated recommends a lower string tension as well. Still have to hit with it more. Also, the grip of the Volkl is rectangular but it's something i can get used to, and even during the first test I began to wonder if this grip was actually better suited for my shots.

All in all, I may have to let the RDS 001 go so my shoulder and elbow can be a little more relaxed and comfortable throughout and after matchplay. But I definitely still want a control-oriented racquet. I think I have found something in the DNX 10.

But the reason I am posting in this thread is bec. there is no replacement to the original Prince Graphite (4-stripe, never tried to one-stripe). But the reason I am not going with it now is I want less stress on my shoulder and arm.

If you can find one I promise that the Yonex RDX 500 mid or mp will suit your needs of a POG like racquet

drakulie
05-12-2007, 09:52 AM
What was different with the diablo mid from the POG?

In my limited experience with the Diablo I would say it is not as lively as the POG. It is also not as stiff. The string bed on the racquet felt kind of dead (extremely damp). I also did not get as much pop off the ground or serve with the Diablo.

I would take the POG hands down over the Diablo. Better pop, feel, and just as much control.

BounceHitBounceHit
05-12-2007, 04:44 PM

Head Microgel Extreme
Babolat Pure Storm Team
Prince Tour Diablo
Prince Tour NXG
Yonex RDS 001

Welcome back to the Greatest Game Ever Invented! ;)

Just so you know.............the POG OS has historically garnered THE HIGHEST MARKS when it comes to elbow and shoulder safety, period (as assessed by the good folks at RacquetResearch.com)

Happy Hunting,

CC

AndrewD
05-13-2007, 02:57 AM
In my limited experience with the Diablo I would say it is not as lively as the POG. It is also not as stiff. The string bed on the racquet felt kind of dead (extremely damp). I also did not get as much pop off the ground or serve with the Diablo.

I would take the POG hands down over the Diablo. Better pop, feel, and just as much control.

My experience of the two racquets was quite different. I found the Diablo Mid to be a much more powerful racquet than the POG mid, had a muted feel, larger sweetspot than the POG, nowhere near as manouevrable (although better on volleys due to the slightly tighter string pattern), stiffness was on a par with the POG mid but the muted feel gave it more comfort, spin wasn't as generous but it was still plentiful, groundstrokes had greater weight with the Diablo, the Diablo didn't serve as well as the POG mid but it was still an excellent racquet to serve with.

All up, I found the POG mid to be a better fit for an all-court player, while the Diablo Mid seemed better suited to a baseliner (obviously you can play any style with any racquet but those seemed to be the best matches). The Diablo Mid does swing heavier and requires a bit more physical strength to use well. If you're up to it, I do feel it is the more rewarding all-around frame. That said, I opted for the POG mid (now using the POG OS) because I served so well with it.

kv581
05-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Though perhaps comparing apples to oranges, how does Diablo mid's manuverability compare to the POG OS?

jdeloach
05-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know if the new POG grommets will fit the 4-stripe Mid? If not, where can you find some that will work?

Mark Vessels
05-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Seems like every other thread is about the K racquets, so I just thought I'd send you guys some love! My k-90's are being strung so I had a hit with a POG mid today. WOW! I had forgotten how beautiful this racquet hits. It was strung with luxilon mains and goshen crosses. I have only once before hit with Luxilon (full job-mains/crosses), and hated it. But this thing was VERY lively. Now I could relate as to what all the "hype" is about on these strings.

As for the racquet, like I said>> it performed beautifully! Great serves, groundstrokes, volleys. Prince definitely had/has a winner with this racquet. It's a shame they were discontinued.

For me it had too much spin but I could hit great flat shots on the run still!

sapient007
05-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know if the new POG grommets will fit the 4-stripe Mid? If not, where can you find some that will work?

it does. i've just replaced my 4 stripe OS. as always, it's not a perfect fit, get a hair drier and a some patience and it should work out just fine.

edit: by recent i mean i ordered the grommet from TW about month and a 1/2 ago and installed it last wkd.

nhstennis
05-15-2007, 07:36 PM
There ya go Jeff, It works...im so glad!!!

drakulie
05-15-2007, 07:45 PM
sapient007, thanks for posting that. Good info to have.

drakulie
05-24-2007, 06:51 PM
posted in wrong thread..

armand
05-24-2007, 07:22 PM

So now I am trying out the Dunlop aerogel 200 and 300, Volkl DNX 10, and Volkl Tour 10 MP Gen II. First off, I am quickly finding out that any head size over 95 is not for me. I need the nimbleness and maneuverability of a smaller head size. The Aerogel 200 is actually a surprisingly solid stick. But it has a boardier feel to it then I'd like and harder to get around my shots for heavy topspin. But surprisingly solid at impact despite it's lower weight. The DNX 10 is even more surprisingly impressive. I've never tried a Volkl racquet but this one is a great blend of power and control. Significantly more power than the RDS 001 without compromising too much control. Makes me a little nervous bec. the Bab. Pure Drive Team that I hated recommends a lower string tension as well. Still have to hit with it more. Also, the grip of the Volkl is rectangular but it's something i can get used to, and even during the first test I began to wonder if this grip was actually better suited for my shots.

But the reason I am posting in this thread is bec. there is no replacement to the original Prince Graphite (4-stripe, never tried to one-stripe). But the reason I am not going with it now is I want less stress on my shoulder and arm.What strings do you use?

LafayetteHitter
07-06-2007, 12:07 PM
I recently started playing with the latest version of the POG MP with the Tour logo in the bottom left of the hoop. This week I ordered a demo that was for sale from TW that was described as having the Tour logo on the bottom of the hoop when I called to make sure it was the same as my current racquet. Well it arrived and it is the 4 stripe version. It has been raining constantly so I haven't been able to hit with it yet but I was just curious what differences I can expect. My newer version is 12.20 on the scale and the 4 stripe is 12.30. I'm just wondering if I should just sell this one and get another one of the newer ones or is the 4 stripe worth trying out?

AlpineCadet
07-09-2007, 09:46 PM
If you have found a racquet you like and play well with my advice would be to get a backup. Searhc the boards for people who are selling them, buy one from TW, or go on the auction site. It isn't often one finds a racquet they are completely comfortable with.

Good luck in your search.

Those are such wise words. ;)

Peter Szucs
07-10-2007, 12:59 AM
I recently started playing with the latest version of the POG MP with the Tour logo in the bottom left of the hoop. This week I ordered a demo that was for sale from TW that was described as having the Tour logo on the bottom of the hoop when I called to make sure it was the same as my current racquet. Well it arrived and it is the 4 stripe version. It has been raining constantly so I haven't been able to hit with it yet but I was just curious what differences I can expect. My newer version is 12.20 on the scale and the 4 stripe is 12.30. I'm just wondering if I should just sell this one and get another one of the newer ones or is the 4 stripe worth trying out?

There is some difference in the way they feel like. I experienced the 4stripe version to be a bit more dampened, less lively, i actually liked it a tad better than the tour version.

keithchircop
07-10-2007, 01:31 AM
hey drak,

POG mid, PS 85, PC600, Max 200G

you hit with them all. what were the pros and the cons of each racquet?

Bent
07-10-2007, 07:44 AM

Fit perfectly.

I bought POG mid grommets from TW a few times the recent yrs and they are all the same. Fit my POG mid 4-stripes without major problems, other than a little awl exercise.

BounceHitBounceHit
07-10-2007, 01:01 PM
long live the POG mid!

new ones arent too bad, 4-stripes are a dream.

I still have a 4 stripe OS POG for sale if anyone is interested. 5/8 grip. CC

mrw
07-10-2007, 01:12 PM
What is with all these huge gripped POG'S for sale?

I can't find a clean 4 stripe in a 3/8 anywhere

drakulie
07-10-2007, 01:57 PM
hey drak,

POG mid, PS 85, PC600, Max 200G

you hit with them all. what were the pros and the cons of each racquet?

Wow! You are really putting me on the spot here. 4 amazing racquets. Ok, I'll give it a try.

In relation to the 4 frames you have mentioned here:

I would say the best one for groundstrokes is the POG. I really don't think this frame has any cons, unless the player in question doesn't like a stiff frame. Additionally, of the 4 frames it comes in last in relation to volleys.

The best serving and volley frame is the 85. Cons, of the 4 frames it comes in 3rd place in relation to groundstrokes. But if you hit relatively flat and could supply your own power>>> it is a dream.

The 200g is a very soft felxible frame. You could really whip this frame to get great spin on serve, and it is extremely soft at the net with amazing control. Cons: in relation to the others don't expect much from the ground.

The PC600 is solid in every aspect. Solid on serves, volleys, and groundstrokes. However, it is much better suited to someone who hits flat off the ground, and tougher to get good spin on the serves in relation to the others. Cons???? In relation to the others??? I can't really think of any.

Each one is very unique, but overall if I had to pick one >>> my list would look like this:

1. PS85 (because of serve, control, and volley factor), and it suits me off the ground ( I hit failry flat).
2. POG /PC600 (toss up)
3. 200g

keithchircop
07-11-2007, 05:24 AM
thanks a bunch, man.

keithchircop
07-15-2007, 02:28 PM
drakulie,

sorry to bother you further, but can you compare the POG OS with the Trisys 260? i know you've used both...

SHUNGO
07-15-2007, 04:59 PM
I still have a 4 stripe OS POG for sale if anyone is interested. 5/8 grip. CC

Hey man, please tell me where to write , we might reach an agreement.;)

Please tell me how is the racquet condition 1 to 10.

herosol
07-15-2007, 05:19 PM
wow POG.
stop saying so much good stuff.
you make me hunger for it <3

lol. i think i know someone with one, i really want to play with it now due to all these positive comments about it.

one question though.
any of you play 1HBH's?

if you do, how is it? especially drakulie, if you play with a 1HBH i would like to know how it felt since i also play with a k90

thanks XD

drakulie
07-15-2007, 07:02 PM
drakulie,

sorry to bother you further, but can you compare the POG OS with the Trisys 260? i know you've used both...

No problem. yes, I've used both. However, I haven't hit with either OS versions recently>>> just the mid and midplus versions so I wouldn't feel comfortable giving a review on those versions as it has been a while.

As for the mid plus trisys 260 it is another amazing frame. If you ever have a chance to hit with one, give it a try. I said on another thread (not sure which) that for the most part all the radicals seem to volley very well (even the OS versions). The trisys is no exception, it is an amazing all around frame, perhaps not as stiff feeling as the POG and feels a bit lighter to swing with more pop. Think of the PC600, and make it a bit stiffer, lighter, with more pop and you have the trisys 260. Of course, the feel at contact is also different. I know you play with the tour version of the PC600, so I would say it is in between the tour and classic version in terms of feel at contact>> probably closer to the classic as it delivers more raw feedback to your hand at contact.

I actually hit with it yesterday for about ten minutes, and got some video. I will post it here tomorrow.

wow POG.
stop saying so much good stuff.
you make me hunger for it <3

lol. i think i know someone with one, i really want to play with it now due to all these positive comments about it.

one question though.
any of you play 1HBH's?

if you do, how is it? especially drakulie, if you play with a 1HBH i would like to know how it felt since i also play with a k90

thanks XD

Yeah, I play with a one hander. Funny that you ask this. I put more spin on my backhand than on my FH. Being that the POG mid is so spin friendly and has more pop off the ground compared to the K90 >> I love it, because it is so easy to generate spin with pop on that side. The frame just whips right thru the contact zone. It is an extremely solid frame. Remember though, the K is not as stiff and is a tad bit heavier to swing than the POG mid. I'm sure you being a one hander, you will really enjoy the POG mid.

herosol
07-15-2007, 09:00 PM
oooooh. thanks thanks.

yep ima try it out.
nothing i like more is a great 1hbh XD