PDA

View Full Version : Head Flexpoint 4 - 3.5 ladies doubles net girl

lovin'it
04-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Is this a good choice for me? I like the feel and sound of the ball, can feel the flex on reaches and seems ok, my pro says it is junk and wants me to try the babolot pure drive. I have more power than control, but am learning to back off the ball and play with more control. Still my serve is not so hard as it is well placed (flat, slight underspin when loose). I need control, more than need more power, but I LOVE to hit hard (so long as it is accurate,and it usually is pretty good) haven't developed alot of touch shots, but maybe that is me, not the racket. Want a crisp volley and overhead to be most enhanced by racket choice. 5'10" and in shape, 40+ female, if it matters. I don't know at my level how much the racket matters, basically, is this a decent choice?

macroscopic
04-07-2007, 11:11 AM
I used a friends LM 4 and I put 4 gm of lead at 3 and 9 and it feels pretty good to me. (8 gm total lead). Felt more solid than stock and less "ping" sound, more of a solid "pop".

If it feels good to you and you're hiting the ball the way you like to then just stick with it. You can always try something else to see if it's better but if it's not then stick with what you have.

Does your pro make any money if you buy the other racquet?

dylo
04-07-2007, 01:39 PM
ur pro is an idiot if he/she judges racquets like that

the fxp for is a solid choice. try the fxp heat, another good choice.

KingOfTennis
04-07-2007, 02:33 PM
yes my friend uses a Flxpnt 4 cuz it was on sale and he let me use it for A COUPLE of hits. My first impression is, its way too powerful for my liking. Maybe its cuz i use the K90 i do not no. Also i asked few of my mates and they all agreed FlxPnt Heat is better then 4.

lovin'it
04-07-2007, 05:04 PM
my pro does 'sell' racquets, so I took his advise lightly, I will investigate the lead, and the flxpoint heat, any comment on this babolot pure drive so many around here use? I was hitting really deep, too deep, with it but just used it shortly. I plan to demo a few thru this site, thanks

bagung
04-07-2007, 05:16 PM
my son is 14yrs old, has been using FP4, pure drive, and dnx-8.
according to him, pure drive is too stiff . he prefer the fp4 and the dnx8.
fp4 is more head heavy and powerful than dnx-8.
since he can generate is own power now, he prefers the dnx8, which has more control.

lovin'it
04-14-2007, 05:33 PM
what is the dnx8, I can't find this, Dunlop? Sorry to be so confused!

[K]aotic
04-14-2007, 09:09 PM
the dnx is volkl

Swissv2
04-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Is this a good choice for me? I like the feel and sound of the ball, can feel the flex on reaches and seems ok, my pro says it is junk and wants me to try the babolot pure drive. I have more power than control, but am learning to back off the ball and play with more control. Still my serve is not so hard as it is well placed (flat, slight underspin when loose). I need control, more than need more power, but I LOVE to hit hard (so long as it is accurate,and it usually is pretty good) haven't developed alot of touch shots, but maybe that is me, not the racket. Want a crisp volley and overhead to be most enhanced by racket choice. 5'10" and in shape, 40+ female, if it matters. I don't know at my level how much the racket matters, basically, is this a decent choice?

Is your pro a babolat person? ;)

If you want more control, the flex ...may not...be for you. Demoing is a good choice.