PDA

View Full Version : Worn Out Enough To Send In???

brownbearfalling
04-06-2007, 09:08 PM
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/2889/spa0243ih9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Do you guys think these Breathe Threes are worn out enough to send in for a warranty?
________
Hemp (http://marijuanahemp.com)

carrwash13
04-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I think you actually have to be warn through completely....read the warranty card I think it says something to that effect.

stormholloway
04-06-2007, 09:24 PM
It's a catch 22. Why would anyone keep playing with a shoe that is in bad enough condition to qualify for a replacement?

If I were you, I'd just take some sandpaper to the outsole and then send it in. No point in playing with a shoe like that.

BreakPoint
04-06-2007, 10:29 PM
For Nike's 6-month warranty, they specifically state that you have to wear through both the outsole and the midsole until the uppers are showing through, so that pretty much means that when you put the shoes on that your socks are touching the ground. ;) :sad:

CivicLx
04-06-2007, 10:40 PM
if you send in to TW, I think they might be more lenient in choosing what to take

OrangeOne
04-06-2007, 10:51 PM
For Nike's 6-month warranty, they specifically state that you have to wear through both the outsole and the midsole until the uppers are showing through, so that pretty much means that when you put the shoes on that your socks are touching the ground. ;) :sad:

And there's a case of a shoe company just asking for lawsuits. As soon as the outsole is mostly worn, shoes become unsafe. And yet we have a shoe company almost encouraging people to wear shoes very much beyond that point.... It's asking for immediate lawsuits (I slipped and broke my ankle) and also medium-term lawsuits (my foot / knee / other is wrecked because 5/10 years ago I wore Nike shoes waaay too long).

As if I needed another reason to despise Nike, I now have the fact they are almost encouraging kids (let's face it, kids are the ones most likely to go for warantees on such things) to wreck their feet.

Nike. Just damage it (c).

BreakPoint
04-06-2007, 11:30 PM
And there's a case of a shoe company just asking for lawsuits. As soon as the outsole is mostly worn, shoes become unsafe. And yet we have a shoe company almost encouraging people to wear shoes very much beyond that point.... It's asking for immediate lawsuits (I slipped and broke my ankle) and also medium-term lawsuits (my foot / knee / other is wrecked because 5/10 years ago I wore Nike shoes waaay too long).

As if I needed another reason to despise Nike, I now have the fact they are almost encouraging kids (let's face it, kids are the ones most likely to go for warantees on such things) to wreck their feet.

Nike. Just damage it (c).
Hey, but it's not just Nike. ALL shoe companies that have 6-month or whatever outsole warranties ALL stipulate that you have to at least wear through the outsole to at least the midsole. This means that not only do the soles have to be completely bare with absolutely no tread left but that there needs to be no rubber left in at least one part of the outsole so that the midsole can show through. Thus, after you've worn out the tread and the soles are as smooth and slippery as a baby's bottom, you have to keep wearing them until you wear a hole through the rubber itself.

This is why I've never, ever sent in a shoe for replacement even though I buy lots of shoes with outsole warranties from many different brands (e.g., Adidas, Nike, Prince, Reebok, Wilson, etc.) because once the tread wears out and the bottoms become smooth, I stop wearing them and retire the shoes because not only do they become dangerously slippery to wear and run around on the tennis court in, but they are dangerous to wear to drive my car with to get to the tennis courts as my left foot/shoe keeps slipping off of the clutch pedal and my right foot/shoe sometimes slips off of the break pedal.

So it's just not worth slipping down on the court and hurting myself or, in the case of driving with slippery shoes, killing myself in my car just to get a free pair of tennis shoes. I'm sure the shoe manufacturers have factored that in which is why they can offer these warranties without losing too much money. They know that most reasonable, smart people that care about safety will throw the shoes out before they wear down the soles enough to actually qualify for these warranties.

courtrage
04-07-2007, 06:31 AM
For Nike's 6-month warranty, they specifically state that you have to wear through both the outsole and the midsole until the uppers are showing through

they took mine back when all i was showing was white midsole...and my barricade2s were accepted when there was white midsole showing in an area about the size of dime or a little bigger...might depend on the guy who inspects them..you never know...how much longer do you have? looking at the corner it looks like you are on the right track but my shoes had a lot more tread on the bottom so i could keep playing in them to wear the toe more...as with most companies, if you make enough of a stink i think they would replace it...if they send them back i'd send them back in with a letter stating that they are too bald to play in to wear them out more and you arent going to risk injury blah blah....some guy sent in resolves+...got rejected then called in and resent the shoes...he got a breathe free2 back...that story is somewhere on this board....

DX_Psycho
04-07-2007, 08:11 AM
yea, midsole showing is all that's needed. you just have to show a little spot too.

ibringtheHEAT
04-07-2007, 11:21 AM
I've had friends with the whole midsole showing and they wouldn't send them new ones, and also I've seen cases where people send them in and get back either a completely different shoe (not always bad) but sometimes the wrong size.

bluedevilinnj
04-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I sent mine in a couple months ago just alittle bit worse than that and they accepted it. Got a $128 gift certificate to Nike.com. Too bad I hate all the Nike kicks out now, I think I'm gonna wait for a good pair of cages to come out.

Chauvalito
04-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Does anyone know if you have to purchas the shoe from an authorized seller for the warranty to count?

I purchased resolve +'s on **** for a ridiculously small price. I have the receipt, but would Nike not accept them if the receipt was first of all, below retail price, and also not from an authorized seller?

Thanks

BreakPoint
04-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know if you have to purchas the shoe from an authorized seller for the warranty to count?

I purchased resolve +'s on **** for a ridiculously small price. I have the receipt, but would Nike not accept them if the receipt was first of all, below retail price, and also not from an authorized seller?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure you have to buy the shoes from an authorized dealer to qualify for the warranty.

jmsx521
04-07-2007, 04:30 PM
If Nike requires that they need to be worn out even more, bring them over to your supermarket's meat department and ask the deli service to slice them up from where it's needed.
http://www.sausage-stuffer.com/images/64124_meat_slicer.jpg

courtrage
04-07-2007, 05:49 PM

i chatted online with a customer service rep and he said you had to get it from a dealer but he said what i could do is instead send it as a regular return without the "attn BF2" thing...i'm going to try with my paypal receipt when its time...i'll see what happens...i asked him if i could just send them in the regular way and get a replacement and he said yes...he sent me a link to return guidelines so i dont know if he BS'd me to get over with it...

snoflewis
04-07-2007, 06:43 PM

it does say that...but you can just wear through the outsole and you'll be fine.

DANMAN
04-07-2007, 08:57 PM
I am a toe dragger and burn through the toes before I lose all grip on the bottom. I thought it sucked at first, but if Nike is that strict, maybe I am lucky. The II's are my favorite shoe ever, and Nike consistently replaces them when I turn mine in with holes in the toes.

XFactorer
04-07-2007, 10:47 PM
I've sent in shoes that weren't as worn, they were just balding. Nike Breathe 2's and 3's

BreakPoint
04-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I've sent in shoes that weren't as worn, they were just balding. Nike Breathe 2's and 3's
Yes, but did Nike send you new free replacements for them?

ceruleance
04-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Yes, but did Nike send you new free replacements for them?

obviously that must be what he was implying.

In response to everyone who says its unsafe, I agree the ones he posted pictures of are unsafe, but I was able to wear out the sides of mine in about 3 months and didnt feel unsafe in them

raven5288
04-08-2007, 11:07 PM
does anyone know if you really really need the reciept to return shoes to nike? I still have the warrenty card but I can't find the receipt

BreakPoint
04-09-2007, 01:25 AM
does anyone know if you really really need the reciept to return shoes to nike? I still have the warrenty card but I can't find the receipt
It's the receipt that you need, not the warranty card. The warranty card is not proof of purchase.

chiru
04-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Ive sent nike shoes in twice successfully (to get vouchers equal to retail value). all you need is either the air bubbles popped (which is what happened to me often) or that the tread has worn enough that there is some spot (any spot) on the tread where there is no rubber remaining and that spongy white stuff they use for cushioning shows.

courtrage
04-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Ive sent nike shoes in twice successfully (to get vouchers equal to retail value). all you need is either the air bubbles popped (which is what happened to me often) or that the tread has worn enough that there is some spot (any spot) on the tread where there is no rubber remaining and that spongy white stuff they use for cushioning shows.

thats weird..when i sent my bf2 for warranty i got a new pair back. no voucher. if you send it in cause of the air unit, then you get a voucher has been my experience.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
07-11-2007, 06:52 PM
If you burn a hole in the area above the sole where one would get one from sliding (in front and slightly below the swoosh on the inside of the Breathe 3's, would that qualify?