PDA

View Full Version : Borg and Geico Caveman

thor's hammer
04-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Someone somewhere has an eye for detail, and a dry sense of humor...

Had the TTC on and they're showing "The Bjorn Borg Saga" for the umpteenth time, however I have a hard time not stopping and watching the first 1/3 as it has footage of Borg playing when he's young. Always fascinating for me, as Borg was my favorite player growing up.

Anyway, there's an abrupt cut to commercial, and it's the Geico Caveman in the airport going by the poster. Of course the Caveman has a 70's style tennis bag with a Donnay wood racket!

Priceless!! ;-)

dommod
04-07-2007, 08:38 AM
This is not so strange, or even intentional on anyone's part. Think: Borg is a legend, so mentioned often on all forms of tennis related media. Geico seems one of the few companies that sponsor tennis. They have a limited number of caveman commercials...

So, odds of coincidence not so high. Yes?

joe sch
04-08-2007, 11:35 AM
I have also noticed that commercial. Its too bad they chose that cheapo donnay woodie model rather than an allwood or borg pro. Probably just the best choice at the local thrift shop. I would have used a flat head all wood club from the lawn tennis era since that would have really representated cave man tennis.

stormholloway
04-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Looks like they taped over part of the Donnay text for copyright reasons. I love those little racquet bags of the old days.

rommil
04-13-2007, 09:18 PM
I love that Royksopp song.

migjam
04-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Well obviously because I'm looking right at it.

suwanee4712
04-29-2007, 12:58 PM

Me too! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBvaHZIrt0o

Senator Jay Bullworth
04-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Someone somewhere has an eye for detail, and a dry sense of humor...

Had the TTC on and they're showing "The Bjorn Borg Saga" for the umpteenth time, however I have a hard time not stopping and watching the first 1/3 as it has footage of Borg playing when he's young. Always fascinating for me, as Borg was my favorite player growing up.

Anyway, there's an abrupt cut to commercial, and it's the Geico Caveman in the airport going by the poster. Of course the Caveman has a 70's style tennis bag with a Donnay wood racket!

Priceless!! ;-)
Check out this thread. It seems that some posters thought the racquet in question in that particular Geico commercial to be an Adidas Hallet.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=1220568#post1220568

morten
05-01-2007, 10:44 AM

They are from Norway btw (not Sweden) :)