PDA

View Full Version : All POG versions...

asintu
04-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I've read some things on this thread about regular, stripe version, new version etc. of the POG. I was wondering if someone has some (links) pics showing all these versions. And are the differences only in the paintjob or what? And are all these versions both in mid and oversize?

Princegod
04-08-2007, 06:40 PM
There are many different versions of the POG. These are the ones I know of:

The earliest one was Made in USA and had no grommets single green stripe. Rare to find this one.

The next version had grommets and was a different mold but had single grommets also single stripe. Also pretty rare.

Then same mold as above but had grommet strips and single stripe. More common.

Then came a newer 4 pinstripe version. Not too hard to find this version. I believe this one started out being made in Taiwan, but might have transitioned to China eventually. I think even some were made in Singapore overseas.

There was an anniversary version available here at TW, but was really European cosmetics which had larger prince logo and was flat black. I believe this one was the same as the 4 stripe version, but some claimed it had different weight. The real anniversary edition was released in Japan.

There was another cosmetic released which had the "p" surrounded by a circle. This is where the POG started to become lighter in weight.

Lastly, the version available today has "Prince" and "Tour" on the throat of the racket. This is also lighter in weight.

Kirko
04-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I've read some things on this thread about regular, stripe version, new version etc. of the POG. I was wondering if someone has some (links) pics showing all these versions. And are the differences only in the paintjob or what? And are all these versions both in mid and oversize?

The very 1st POG'S were the very best. no grommet strip indivual grommets, no bumper guard a waste on any racket todays models included & the handle was filled with cork. I knew a 6.0 player when I lived in Reno,NV who stocked up on that model. I got to hit with one & it was there! I preffered metal the pro then the mag. pro.

Princegod
04-08-2007, 06:56 PM
The very 1st POG'S were the very best. no grommet strip indivual grommets, no bumper guard a waste on any racket todays models included & the handle was filled with cork. I knew a 6.0 player when I lived in Reno,NV who stocked up on that model. I got to hit with one & it was there! I preffered metal the pro then the mag. pro.

The second version I mentioned is this one. And yes this one had no bumper guard either..correct. The very first ones though had absolutely no grommets at all. Used to have one, but sold it awhile ago.

Kirko
04-08-2007, 07:07 PM
The second version I mentioned is this one. And yes this one had no bumper guard either..correct. The very first ones though had absolutely no grommets at all. Used to have one, but sold it awhile ago.

stand corrected. I forgot about that one.