PDA

View Full Version : Similar to 03 Red

Woody89
04-07-2007, 08:47 PM
As I took my 03 red to get re-strung I notice a tiny hair sized crack in the frame. Well we sent it back to Prince hoping I can get it warrantied. Although this could take up to 4-6 weeks, and with season being in I can't wait, due to not having a spare. Being on my spring break I was curious as to if I may just look into a different racquet, since I have a week off to browse around and demo a few.
But onto my question. If I was to look into a new racquet and just sell the new one I get warrantied(if I do), then what are some possible good choice? I'm more of a aggressive baseline player, but this year I have decided to team up and play doubles with a good friend/ team mate. I really enjoyed my 03 red, but just curious since I have the spare time to look around. Thanks.

DANMAN
04-07-2007, 09:03 PM
If you like the O3 red, I would look at the Speedport Red. It's a nice frame and may very well be your replacement frame if you get one.

idono1301
04-07-2007, 09:21 PM
how is the o3 red anyway?

does it play well?

tedescm
04-09-2007, 05:37 AM
how is the o3 red anyway?

does it play well?

It plays very stiff...and powerful.

It hurt my arm so i sold it.

Ronny
04-09-2007, 07:11 AM
lm or flexpoint instinct?

tedescm
04-10-2007, 06:21 AM
How does the “Instinct” play compared to the O3 Red? I would imagine the O3 red is much stiffer.

On another topic, I’ve owned two O3 racquets and I think there nothing but “technocrap” which was created in a marketing dept.

Woody89
04-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I got a Instinct demo I am about to go play with in a few. Plan to demo the Yonex RQ 7 as well. If not I may just go back to the red, since my break will be up shortly.

I tried to new speedport the other day. I liked it to serve with and at net, but groundstrokes offered to much power it seemed. Provided lots of spin though, really helped me kick my serves more.

Woody89
04-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Going to try the Yonex tomorrow, but if it doesn't impress me to much looks like I'll be going with the Instinct. I really enjoyed my time on the court with it today.

tedescm
04-12-2007, 04:50 AM
Let us know how you compare the Instinct and Yonex