PDA

View Full Version : Grip size affect on balance.

bluetrain4
04-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Is it true that the balance rating is affected by the grip size?

I once read here that the balance rating is based on a middle sized grip (a "3", or 4 and 3/8).

If so, then the slight extra weight from a bigger grip would make a racquet slightly more headlight (or less head heavy). I know the difference isn't big, but there is a difference, correct?

SocalTennis
04-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Is it true that the balance rating is affected by the grip size?

I once read here that the balance rating is based on a middle sized grip (a "3", or 4 and 3/8).

If so, then the slight extra weight from a bigger grip would make a racquet slightly more headlight (or less head heavy). I know the difference isn't big, but there is a difference, correct?

Please don't take this as a personal attack but you should get a racquet that feels good in your hand and focus on improving your techniques rather than worrying about these minuscule differences. Your confidence will be rattled and your game will go down the drain once you started obsessing about your racquet.

bluetrain4
04-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Please don't take this as a personal attack but you should get a racquet that feels good in your hand and focus on improving your techniques rather than worrying about these minuscule differences. Your confidence will be rattled and your game will go down the drain once you started obsessing about your racquet.

I'm a 4.5 player who has played for 25 years. I in no way let little things like this get to me.

I was just curious because I had read such a claim in a TW thread and I heard such a claim repeated the other day.

realplayer
04-09-2007, 08:10 AM
What is the effect on static weight if you reduce the gripsize from 4 to 3 for example. How much difference in weight do you get?