PDA

View Full Version : Anyone compare the ntour with a pure storm?

macroscopic
04-08-2007, 08:45 AM
The TW "compare racquet" feature lists the ntour (the orange one, not the ex-Federer racquet) and the Pure storm as comparable racquets by specs.

Anyone ever compare the 2 together on court and are they similar? I will demo both if they are similar. The ntour is at a very good price now.

Thanks

the Town Sherif
04-08-2007, 03:44 PM
if you are referring to the ntour two, then yes, i have played with both and found the pure storm to be a better racquet in terms of groundstrokes and serves. As for volleys, they were both the same. overall, i gave the edge to the pure storm

dr_punk
04-08-2007, 03:45 PM
i have an ntour 95 for sale....

Bottle Rocket
04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Nearly a year ago when I was demoing, I had the Pure Storm and nTour at the same time.

Tne nTour feels stiffer and firmer. I also think it is more powerful than the Pure Storm.

It is a better volleyer, but from the baseline, the Pure Storm is the claer winner. It suits all game styles, even flat hitting. The nTour is better for heavy top spin, it is actually a similar playing racket to the Prince Hybrid Tour. The nTour feels like it has a little more weight behind shots which helps make it a little more slice friendly.

They really play and feel differently though. For some reason, I don't consider them direct competitors. Both are worth a demo.

Roger_Federer.
04-08-2007, 05:08 PM
I like the nTour just because its better overall, and I like the Ncode line racquets