PDA

View Full Version : Time For a New Racquet?

Cardtennis07
04-08-2007, 10:25 AM
When is it the right time to get a new racquet? Ive had my n6.1 for almost two years and feel the need to change. Is this a smart move. And if so what racquets should I demo?

armand
04-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Why exactly you feel a need to change? If you're getting bored, I think you should just find new players to play against.

splitstep
04-08-2007, 10:32 AM
I stuck with my MW200Gs for 5 yrs and only changed when I cracked the frame on my racket (hot day + hands slippery with sunscreen + kick serve = cracked frame). If I could have found a replacement I would have stuck with them, but they are too hard to find these days.

In my experience, you lose at least a month of your best tennis adjusting to a new racket. The groundies might come quickly, but a lot of the touch shots, the timing for the different serves you hit and most importantly, the reflex shots you make in pressure situations all take the most time adjust.

If you play USTA leagues, plan accordingly and shop for your new racket after the season is over.

fgs
04-08-2007, 11:16 AM
what would be the reason to change - what do you expect to achieve with the new racquet?
what is your gamestyle and level of play?

dylo
04-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I stuck with my MW200Gs for 5 yrs and only changed when I cracked the frame on my racket (hot day + hands slippery with sunscreen + kick serve = cracked frame). If I could have found a replacement I would have stuck with them, but they are too hard to find these days.

In my experience, you lose at least a month of your best tennis adjusting to a new racket. The groundies might come quickly, but a lot of the touch shots, the timing for the different serves you hit and most importantly, the reflex shots you make in pressure situations all take the most time adjust.

If you play USTA leagues, plan accordingly and shop for your new racket after the season is over.

i agree. i've switch racquets 4 times in the last year =/.

if there isnt anything wrong with ur racquet then theres no need to change. but what i like to do is demo just to try new things. go and demo lots of racquets and maybe u'll find a new favortie