PDA

View Full Version : help me choose a new frame

doleeo
04-08-2007, 03:07 PM
So, I've been playing with a Volkl Tour 10 V engine mid for a while and I'm not really getting what I want.

I generally play serve and volley doubles but I'll also play some singles.

In singles I like to play the baseline and sneak into the net when I get the chance.

I have a one handed back hand. And a semi western forehand.

I would like a bigger headsize than what I have now. I also would like a little lighter frame.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

thanks
ethan

fgs
04-08-2007, 03:15 PM
wilson nblade 98 or 106. give these a try.

IT WAS IN!!!
04-08-2007, 04:24 PM
you should shoot for something with 95-98 head size and 11.5-12 oz. weight.
Maybe the Tecnifibre TFight 320 in either string pattern, Kniessl Tom's Machine, Head Flexpoint Radical Tour, Gamma Ipex 7.0 MP, and the Yonex RDS 001 MP.

fuzz nation
04-08-2007, 08:17 PM
If you're going to get some demos, I'd recommend a look at the Fischer M Speed 98 and the Prince O3 Hybrid Tour. I demoed them and I think they are both more confidence inspiring than that Volkl - they're strong from everywhere on the court. Swingweights are probably in the same general area as your frame and one of the only lighter ones I might suggest is the M-Fil 300.

dylo
04-08-2007, 08:37 PM
remember to demo before u buy.

what exactly is wrong with ur racquet? a bigger headsize and a bit lighter but what about in terms of feel and stiffness?

u could use the racquetfinder on the TW site and type in the same specs but bigger headsize and lighter weight

aznspongehead
04-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Check out the rds002 tour. If you are a size 3/8 and up then it might be a little heavier than what you want at around 12.3 oz, but if you live in an area where demos are relatively accessible then you should give this one a chance.

It's what im using right now, coming from a liquidmetal prestige mid. I was also looking for something a little lighter and with a bigger headsize, and this racket had exactly what I was looking for. It also significantly improved my 1hbh compared to the prestige. I'm as confident with my bh now as I am with my forehand.. in fact I think my backhands are getting better than my forehands with this racket.

Mine is strung with gosen sheep micro 17 at 58 main/55 cross, in case that's relevant.