PDA

View Full Version : New to the boards...Racquet Demo Question

TxMed83
04-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey everybody I'm a long time reader of the board and finally decided to join and post some. I've always really respected the suggestions everyone had made to other people needing some ideas about racquets to demo so would be great if I could get some input from you guys. I'm 24 and a medical student about to start my third year, have played tennis since I was 6 or so, but haven't played very frequently in the past 5 years (probably only a handful of times). Before college I was pretty much frustrated with pressures from coaches and wanted to take a break from tennis, but now I'm really starting to miss the sport and wanting to begin playing as frequently as my schedule allows. I currently play with the Dunlop Muscleweave 200g and am looking for a change since they don't make it anymore and I only have 2 of those sticks left. As for as playing style, I have a western grip on the forehand, pretty long swing and lots of topspin, two-handed backhand but liked to use the one-handed slice pretty frequently, like to chip and charge off the return so need something that handles well up at the net, and go for more spin and placement off the serve. I was playing at a 4.5 level before but who knows how bad I'll be now haha. I'm pretty much open to any brand, no real loyalty to Dunlop, but never really been a fan of Wilson racquets. Thanks for your time. Great to see so many people passionate about all the aspects of tennis.

fgs
04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
since you don't like wilson i'll start with the head flexpoint radical as a suggestion and go on with the wilson n/k 6.1 95 or wilson ntour two 95. the babolat pure storm has quite a following on this board and although i haven't hit with it, i'd say you look at that one too. just try to take those sticks out on a hitting session and see how they fit you. have fun!

IT WAS IN!!!
04-08-2007, 04:16 PM
maybe dunlop aerogel 200, Prince o3 tour MS, Yonex RDS 002 Tour

fuzz nation
04-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Pretty good suggestions above - I'm really curious about that Yonex myself.

Two more that I've demoed are the Fischer M Speed Pro #1 and the Prince O3 Hybrid Tour. Both seemed competent from everywhere on the court and gave me plenty of confidence when I hit them at the net or the baseline.