PDA

View Full Version : RDS 001 MP vs. RDX 500 MP

thefan
04-08-2007, 07:05 PM
I might try to demo these but which one would you guys reconmend to a baseliner who plays with lots of spin. Also, mostly hit flat on serve.

Thanks

Noveson
04-08-2007, 07:09 PM
They are both pretty good for hitting spin. I think the RDS is better purely from the baseline, more power, spin, and directional control. The RDX is good from the baseline, but also very very good from the net. The RDS Mid is great for flat serves, I never really hit very many serves with the RDX.

TennisKevin
04-08-2007, 07:55 PM
i didnt like the feeld of the RDX500mp, and i just finished demo'ing an RDS001 midplus and im going to buy a couple of them. i would demo both. i think the RDS001mp if better suited to baseliners, but it's know weak point is serves (except kick serves, which are especially good with it), so i would assume that the RDX500 would be a little bit better on serves. but i hated the RDX500mp and loved the RDS001mp, so you should try them both out

Anton
04-10-2007, 08:07 AM
I played with both and I'd say RDS001mp is better, but I just didn't like it's buzzy nature (though some call it a more positive "crisp" nature)

thefan
04-11-2007, 08:00 PM
so they are both pretty good on baseline but which one would you say is better for flat powerful serve?

vsdtrek
04-11-2007, 10:31 PM
so they are both pretty good on baseline but which one would you say is better for flat powerful serve?

RDS by far. I've recently had both (actually in the process of selling all of them and moving to the DNX 10 MP). Personally, I liked the RDX better for everything but the serve. The RDX softer feel is unique and I just like the way it moves and hits the ball. I am more of a flat hitter with a relatively full stroke and thought that the RDX fit better with that swing. The RDX has more pop and I thought required more spin to tame the pop.

Of course, others may have a different view which is just fine.

Noveson
04-11-2007, 11:06 PM
These racquets are very equal in most respects, except for feel. It pretty much comes down to which feel you like better, soft and buttery RDX(you have to try it), or the crisp as a carrot(from TW review) RDS 001.