PDA

View Full Version : Strings for Dunlop MFil 300

clarky
04-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Hi All,

After reading these forums I have purchased 2 Dunlop M Fil 300's from TW.

Just wanted to know what strings you guys are using in these and at what tension. I have placed the order with Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power as its my current string of choice.

Also I noticed alot of you guys lead up the 300, where are you putting the lead.

Looking forward to getting the racquets after all the good feedback from here and at $79.99 a stick, cant go wrong in any case.

How does the Mfil compare to the new Aerogel. I am coming from the Head FXP Rad Tour MP, its a nice stick, but does tend to get a bit heavy on the arm after a few sets.

dunlopjew
04-09-2007, 10:39 PM
i've been messing around with different string for about a year and have used everything from silent partner syn gut to full sensation to hurricane mains and sensation crosses. personally, i hated bb alu in my mfil 300s. just didn't have that crisp feel that sensation/hurricane gave me. mfil 300 is also a bit on the stiffer side so hybriding with a multi or gut would be a good idea. right now the budget has been a little tight so ive switched over to prince syn gut duraflex for a while; went through about 7 packs already and it feels great, can't beat it for the price. but as soon as i have some more money to spare, i'm thinking about trying out a nrg2/ pacific poly force hybrid which in theory should play amazing, but i guess we'll see.

i put quite a bit of lead in my mfil as well. about 8 or 9 grams under the grip, 2 grams in the throat, and 6 grams in the head going from about 8-10 o'clock (4 6inch strpis of 1/4 in. gamma ). so in total, my 300 weighs in at about 11.8 right now and plays like a dream. wouldn't trade it for anything else on the market right now.

tkauffm
04-09-2007, 11:26 PM
I've used a lot of strings on my mfils too. I liked the Big Banger power (@ 60lbs) in it, gives you lots of control, great spin and power, but I but I wanted something with a little more feel. Right now I'm using technifibre x one biphase strung at 62 lbs. It's a little on the expensive side, but the strings are awesome. It's as close to natural gut as you're going to get.

As for weight, I'm going to add 2-4 grams to the handle to produce a little more racket speed. We'll see how that works

Redflea
04-10-2007, 05:48 AM
See my sig for my setups...I agree w/Dunlopjew that the M-Fil works great w/a nice multi or gut.

I also really love it at low tension....the M-Fil is not an inherently big power racquet, and at lower tensions feels excellent and retains excellent control. I used to string my RDX Mids at just below mid-point (58 or so) but like my M-Fils at 55 w/multis and 50 w/gut (which holds tension best, so I feel I can start lower).