PDA

View Full Version : So I hit with the Tour 90 and PS 85 tonight...

pow
04-10-2007, 01:22 AM
and now I know why people have been claiming that racquet technology is overrated. It was insane how much feel and control I had with this racquet. This is the first time I have ever hit the ball with so much spin that I had to close my mouth to avoid all the ball fuzz I was running into after a forehand. The backhands felt cleaner than they have ever been all of my life. It's just an amazing racquet, it did tire out my shoulder a little bit but nothing I couldn't get used to. This racquet was amazing, it boosted my confidence and I was able to swing out and control just about every shot, well a big improvement over what I had been using anyways. The racquet required long full strokes but it seriously rewarded every shot of it. The feel was indescribable, it wasn't mushy nor was it harsh with vibrations, it was "tuned" just right. It's incredible and kind of mind-blowing, I didn't think technology took away from this but apparently they had it right before.

I wrote this because I just wanted to share and suggest that more people to try out the classics if you haven't, don't be intimidated by the head size or "demand" that you may hear. Yes, the racquet does require skill to yield and tonight I hit with the Tour 90 and a PS 85 both of which felt incredible, I favored the Tour 90 slightly more for all around while the 85 did wonders for my forehand, I did not shank as many as I would have expect coming from a 98 sq in racquet. If my friend didn't happen to have these classics in his bag I would have never had the opportunity to find out first hand what the hype was all about. I've hit with the n90 along with all sorts of modern racquets, Pure Drive, APD, Nblade, Pure Control, Radical, O3 White/Tour just to name a few and coming from modern to a classic, I gotta say, I've been missing out.
I hope my freshly strung Redondos will do well tomorrow when I finally get to hit with them.

Indy Tennis
04-11-2007, 07:18 AM
I tried the Tour 90 and I too found it to be a great racquet.

The only problem was I could never muster a big return with it. All I could do was block the ball back. The way it was weighted (a lot of weight near the handle) made it tough to swing from zero to full speed quickly - as in service return.

Obviously the racquet is capable. Federer used it when he first rose to No. 1.

Voltron
04-11-2007, 07:21 AM
I wish I had the money for one of those. The closest I've come to playing a classic is using a POG from 10 or 20 years ago. :(

jakshemash
04-12-2007, 12:47 AM
which tour 90? Pro staff, ncode or k-factor?

pow
04-12-2007, 12:57 AM
which tour 90? Pro staff, ncode or k-factor?

pro staff.