PDA

View Full Version : Gamma IPEX 7 OS, any input?

haerdalis
04-10-2007, 01:43 AM
I got a good deal on these racquets and since I like flexible OS players racquets (which I believe these are, or hope atleast) I went for it. I just strung one but havent hit with it yet.
It weighs 323 g strung with the small gamma dampener that came with the racquet. I strung it with Gosen micro 17g strings at 55 lbs. Balance with dampener is 7.5 points HL.
Curious to see how it plays and I wonder how many are using have used opr tried this racquet and what are your impressions?

midsouth
04-10-2007, 03:52 AM
I ordered a demo from TW right after the racquet was released. It was flexy feeling, solid, powerful, and quite comfortable. I sent the demo back and placed an order. The frame I received was within a couple of grams in weight and a half point in balance compared to the demo but played significantly different. It was stiff, hollow feeling and felt in general, crappy. I got rid of it and have not hit with another Gamma frame since.

haerdalis
04-10-2007, 04:26 AM
I see. That is a really annoying problem. Before I went on my current racquet buying frenzy I played with wilson ps tour 90 of which I had matched racquets. Since then I have bought, traded and recieved several racquets and basically all models vary alot from frame to frame. Right now I use PK type R and the 2 frames I have are also quite different although I like them both.

haerdalis
04-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Played some more with the Ipex today and I like it alot. Probably my second favourite racquet right now. Best OS I have tried. A little on the light side but thats a good thing as it leaves more room for personal customization. Superb spin!

El Guapo
04-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Try the Avery M5.

haerdalis
04-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah have been wanting to try that but you can get 3 gammas for the price of one avery hehe.

El Guapo
04-19-2007, 03:32 AM
Yeah have been wanting to try that but you can get 3 gammas for the price of one avery hehe.
Are you sure about that? Where are you buying these Gammas for only $60 each?

Ronny
04-19-2007, 04:57 AM
since the gamma racquets are on sale, is there gonna be a new line of racquets coming out?

goober
04-19-2007, 05:02 AM
since the gamma racquets are on sale, is there gonna be a new line of racquets coming out?
They have been already out for at least 3-4 weeks. I have seen them on other websites for sale and I assume TW will be getting them soon. You can look them up on the gamma website.

http://www.gammasports.com/

Ronny
04-19-2007, 05:05 AM
thx goober

Ronny
04-19-2007, 05:09 AM
can't wait to try the g325 from the specs shown