PDA

View Full Version : Racket feels a little heavy.. get a new one?

Amirsan
04-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey,

I am currently a Junior in my high school tennis team, and I have a racket though I am thinking maybe it is a bit too heavy, and maybe I should consider finding another lighter one. The one I have is Head Liquid Metal Instinct Tour XL. I was wondering if whether I should be worrying about the weight, or maybe its all in my technique?

Note, I am not a big build, I am probably shorter than the average tennis players I'm about 5'7" and weigh about 110.

What are your thoughts? Focus on better technique or consider a lighter racket?

TennisKevin
04-10-2007, 02:48 PM
if you feel like it is hindering your game and holding you back, then yes, get a new racquet. if you are uncomfortable with it, get a new racquet. but for most people, they choose a racquet that is as heavy as they are comfortable with. If you think that you can play and play WELL with the racquet you have now, then don't switch. but if you think it is too heavy for you and is manking you uncomfotable or making you play badly, then look around for a lighter racquet

fgs
04-10-2007, 02:52 PM
amirsan,
for how long have you been playing with this racquet? could it be that you are a little bit out of practice over the winter?