PDA

View Full Version : Slazenger NX One -- anyone?

Craig Sheppard
04-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Has anyone hit with the Slazenger NX One? I saw them at a local big sports retailer for $119. The specs said it was just under 11 oz unstrung, and doing the "finger in the racquet throat" balance test, it appeared almost even-balanced. Has anyone actually hit with it? I'm so tempted just to get one, being that the PBH and X1 were very playable. It had a nice pick-up feel, but I have no idea how it'd hit.

P.S. I did a search and the few threads always seemed to wander back to the X1, not NX1.

nickb
04-10-2007, 11:43 PM
They are very nice looking frames and i was temped by them aswell...im sure there is a poster around here that plays them with leather and lead tape who can post his opinion..

AndrewD
04-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Craig,

Nothing special but nothing wrong with them either. Plays very much like the Dunlop MFil-200 Plus 2005 - nice but could do with a bit of extra weight, especially up top. I didn't think it was as good as the X1, although the NX is more comfortable.

Personally, I think you could get the same or better response from any number of other racquets.

alfa164164
04-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Craig -
The "Richard's Sporting Goods NX1" sold in the ATL area is basically a Dunlop 300 MFil, the NX1 sold in the UK is (as previously stated) basically a std. length 200 MFil Plus. I've actually owned both the US and UK versions, and they are different molds with the same paintjob. Both rackets play a bit on the "light" side, but are nice for the most part. The US model is a bit on the harsh side if you don't find the sweet spot. Both rackets volley well, but need some beefing up for groundstrokes (for my game). Hope this helps.