PDA

View Full Version : Durable Outsole?

thefan
04-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Thnking about getting a tennis shoe but I need one with a durable outsole because I rip throught them fast. Also, I hear Nike is offering a 6 months warranty, which nike model support the warranty?

thefan
04-11-2007, 05:30 PM
bump?
anyone..

dunno
04-11-2007, 06:10 PM
If the model says it has the 6 month warranty then those will have it. But i recommend the Adidas Barricade IV because they're durable and nice and supportive.

serveitup911
04-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Durability guaranteed tennis shoes: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-MSDURGUAR.html

SoBad
04-11-2007, 08:32 PM
In my experience, all tennis shoes have about the same outsole life. The ones that come with outsole guarantee don't last any longer, but you get a replacement pair.

BreakPoint
04-11-2007, 08:44 PM
In my experience, all tennis shoes have about the same outsole life. The ones that come with outsole guarantee don't last any longer, but you get a replacement pair.
I guess you haven't tried the Diadora Passiones then. After literally 2 hours on the court, the outsole is pretty much gone. Even Nike tennis shoes are 100x more durable in comparison and Nike's are not known for their durability.

SoBad
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I guess you haven't tried the Diadora Passiones then. After literally 2 hours on the court, the outsole is pretty much gone. Even Nike tennis shoes are 100x more durable in comparison and Nike's are not known for their durability.

No, I have not tried Diadora Passiones or Elisabeth Taylor Nightgowns or any other funny-sounding tennis shoes, which is perhaps the reason why my experience with tennis shoe outsoles has been a consistent one.

BreakPoint
04-11-2007, 09:41 PM
No, I have not tried Diadora Passiones or Elisabeth Taylor Nightgowns or any other funny-sounding tennis shoes, which is perhaps the reason why my experience with tennis shoe outsoles has been a consistent one.
Huh? "Funny sounding"? :confused: It's Italian, you know, the language they speak in Italy, where Diadora is based? :grin: If you don't like "funny sounding" named tennis shoes, I guess you've never worn the Air Max Breathe Frees, either? ;)

BTW, how many different models of tennis shoes have you owned anyway? Is it in the several hundreds?

I actually find the Nike's DRC2 outsole pretty durable and maybe even a bit better than Adidas' adiWear.

BTW2, which brand is the "Elizabeth Taylor Nightgown" tennis shoe?

theRadical
04-11-2007, 09:49 PM
What about those nike shoes with the interchangeable outsoles? R they any good?

SoBad
04-11-2007, 10:04 PM
which brand is the "Elizabeth Taylor Nightgown" tennis shoe?

I won't answer the question, because I want you to have an opportunity to challenge yourself intellectually. I'll give you a hint though - "Nightgown" is the model.

BreakPoint
04-11-2007, 11:11 PM
I won't answer the question, because I want you to have an opportunity to challenge yourself intellectually. I'll give you a hint though - "Nightgown" is the model.
I give up. There is no such tennis shoe called the "Elisabeth Taylor Nightgown". Why you claim that there is a tennis shoe with the "funny sounding name" of "Elisabeth Taylor Nightgown", I have no idea. My only guess is that you normally wear Elisabeth Taylor clothes, including the nightgown when you go to bed, and you wish they also made a tennis shoe by that same name, so the name was just stuck in your head.

SoBad
04-12-2007, 08:32 PM
There is no such tennis shoe called the "Elisabeth Taylor Nightgown".

Good job! I didn't think you were bright enough to figure that out! This just shows you why it is better to challenge someone intellectually rather that spoon-feeding them the answer. Keep it up!:D

BreakPoint
04-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Good job! I didn't think you were bright enough to figure that out! This just shows you why it is better to challenge someone intellectually rather that spoon-feeding them the answer. Keep it up!:D
But the big mystery is why you said that "Elisabeth Taylor Nightgown" is the name of a tennis shoe if it doens't even exist? :confused: Care to explain? Or is it just that no one on this board can believe anything that you say?

SoBad
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
But the big mystery is why you said that "Elisabeth Taylor Nightgown" is the name of a tennis shoe if it doens't even exist? :confused: Care to explain? Or is it just that no one on this board can believe anything that you say?

Well, perhaps there are other posters similar to yourself that might interpret "Elisabeth Taylor Nightgown" as a reference to tennis shoes, and God Bless Their Pure Hearts, I say. The vast majority however would recognise the metaphorical reference for what it is. Think about it (don't rush to reply).;)

BreakPoint
04-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Well, perhaps there are other posters similar to yourself that might interpret "Elisabeth Taylor Nightgown" as a reference to tennis shoes, and God Bless Their Pure Hearts, I say. The vast majority however would recognise the metaphorical reference for what it is. Think about it (don't rush to reply).;)
I think the "vast majority" of other posters would interpret your reference to "Elisabeth Taylor Nightgowns" as a tennis shoe with what you call a "funny sounding" name. Unless, of course, you're not familiar with how to contruct a simple sentence in the English language. In that case, you are excused.

SoBad
04-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I think the "vast majority" of other posters would interpret your reference to "Elisabeth Taylor Nightgowns" as a tennis shoe

I believe in goodness of people and infinite capabilities of a human mind, and to that end I disagree with your belief as stated above and sincerely hope that I am right, for the sake of humankind.

zapvor
04-13-2007, 07:50 AM
so back on topic....new balance also offers a outsole guarantee, and its very good.

BreakPoint
04-13-2007, 10:41 AM
so back on topic....new balance also offers a outsole guarantee, and its very good.
But NB's guarantee is hard to understand because there's no time limit stated nor how much the outsoles have to be worn out. I mean, if I send the shoes back 5 years after I bought it, will they really still replace them?

serveitup911
04-13-2007, 03:39 PM
New Balance's warranty is 6 months. The outsoles must be worn through to the midsoles.

rabidcow
04-14-2007, 10:48 AM
the tricky thing with the six month warranties are it is up to the person who is checking it to determine whether it is worn through or not. Also you are putting yourself at risk by playing with a shoe that is warn down if you are trying to meet the warranty. That being said I just bought a pair of Asic Gel Resolutions from h**abird sports, they have a warranty and tw doesn't and I love them.

tenniskid3119
04-14-2007, 10:57 AM
What about those nike shoes with the interchangeable outsoles? R they any good?

no they are not good at all. dont get those. get the barricade IV's they are awesome