PDA

View Full Version : Racquet opinions

keese187
04-11-2007, 08:14 AM
I am starting to narrow down my racquet search. Its going to either be the mfil 500, the wilson nTour, or the Dunlop Maxply McEnroe. I am just looking for some opinions on these racquets. I am a 3.5 who like to say on the baseline most of the time. Also what if any difference is there between racquets rated low-medium and medium as far as power goes. thanks

ps60
04-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Maxply doesn't seem to be an exceptional good design

nTour ... u may also consider and demo nBlade, OS maybe

ps. i've played the above racket, just feel it in pro shop. have played H Tour. not too bad, a bit lack of power

keese187
04-11-2007, 08:28 AM
i have the chance to get a new one for 1/2 price. if i were to buy on blind, which one would you suggest. i am leaning toward the mfil 500

fgs
04-11-2007, 08:42 AM
take the ntour. i haven't played the m-fil 500 but from the specs it seems to be very light and stiff.

ps60
04-11-2007, 10:18 AM
do your best to get some demo.
don't buy a racket because it is 50% off

i've got one like that, waste a yr time to trim it right (Crazy).

among the three Ntour is a safe bet. but i dun know yr level and style. Ntour should be (if it is similar to H tour) a light baseline racket, for beginner/intermediate.

Demo if u can

squints
04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
ps60 is right, though I did try the ntour and liked it alot. on par if not better than the n6.1's , depending on your preferences. Good solid forehands and backhands. good control and spin with the 16 x 20 string pattern, I found myself hitting the ball with enough topspin that the ball tripped on itself on the first bounce, so it seemed like it skidded. I would defintely look into this racquet because it can easily be modified into a more serious low powered control players racquet if and when you get better.

thats my 2 cents