PDA

View Full Version : Confortable player's racquet quest II

adso1973
04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Hi! I'm back.. well I demoed the Nblade, the P. Storm, the Fischer MSpeed 98 and the O3 Hybrid Tour...

I think I found the kind of racquet I want in the MSpeed 98, but It was very low powered compared with the P. Storm and the O3 HT...
It was stringed with some Tecnifibre syntetic gut strings with titanium (don't know the same.. if someone knows it, welcome!!) at 58 lbs.. Do you think the power problem could be solved with other kind of strings??

On the other hand, I found the O3 HT very confortable and powered..
but sometimes I hitted great groundstrockes and voleys and sometimes, couldn't keep the ball in the court.. probably because I have some flat shots..

Couldn't test the yonex ones.. do you think those would give me the blend of power and control I miss from the Fischer?

Thanks

fuzz nation
04-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Trick question for me because I've tried the Fischer and the Prince - they were both smokin' from everywhere on the court for me. I'd say one more 'Pepsi challenge' between them (maybe with an RDS-001 or 002 Tour) and you should have a good idea of the better fit. I've found that two demos tell me a lot more than just one since I'm in different settings, time of day, hitting situations, etc. If I'm comfortable and confident twice with a new frame, that's a really positive sign for me.

chowdhurynaveen
04-11-2007, 11:24 PM
If you get a chance, try the tecnifibre tfight 335 16x20 or 18x20, maybe the 18x20 would be good for you since your a flat hitter. I havent gotten a chance to hit with them, but everyone i know that has one says they are great preforming comfortable racquets!!

travlerajm
04-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Hi! I'm back.. well I demoed the Nblade, the P. Storm, the Fischer MSpeed 98 and the O3 Hybrid Tour...

I think I found the kind of racquet I want in the MSpeed 98, but It was very low powered compared with the P. Storm and the O3 HT...
It was stringed with some Tecnifibre syntetic gut strings with titanium (don't know the same.. if someone knows it, welcome!!) at 58 lbs.. Do you think the power problem could be solved with other kind of strings??

On the other hand, I found the O3 HT very confortable and powered..
but sometimes I hitted great groundstrockes and voleys and sometimes, couldn't keep the ball in the court.. probably because I have some flat shots..

Couldn't test the yonex ones.. do you think those would give me the blend of power and control I miss from the Fischer?

Thanks

If you like the feel of the Fischer, but it's too low-powered, just try adding a little lead at 12.

KingOfTennis
04-12-2007, 03:33 AM
Hi! I'm back..

i never knew u left :o

adso1973
04-12-2007, 05:29 AM
i never knew u left :o

You're right.. but I mean.. I'm back from my testing hours in my quest!;)