View Full Version : Cracked Racket-What do I do?
04-11-2007, 06:39 PM
My Dunlop 300g cracked on me the other day. I never slammed my racket or treated it in any abusive manner. How do I get the manufacturer to replace my racket? I sent them an email through email@example.com, as stated on their website under "Contact Us," but apparently that email address doesn't work. I like this racket and I also don't want to spend any money since I am broke.
04-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Well, if its cracked, then there isn't much you can do other than purchasing another one
04-11-2007, 06:51 PM
call up dunlop. If worst comes to worst they'll send you the new aerogels. But they should send some 300gs.
04-11-2007, 08:39 PM
1. How old was the racquet?
2. If it is under 12 months old (the warranty period), can you prove it?
3. What condition was it in (you didn't throw it but racquets do get scuffed and chipped through regular play) ?
3. How many restrings has it had (the more you have the more stress you put on the racquet) ?
04-11-2007, 08:51 PM
1. This racket is about 18 months old.
3. I bought the racket new and the rest of the racket is fine, except for the throat which is developing a crack for unknown reasons.
3. This racket has had about 4-6 restrings.
04-11-2007, 08:53 PM
I cracked three LM readical, the first one happened a week after i bought it so I just went back to the retailer and got a new one. The second and the third cracked one I just have to live with it because they happened a couple of years after I bought it. I am sure I got a case if I play hard with Head but just too much troubles.
I leaded them up to be training sticks.
04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
i broke mine in the 5 months? but wilson does not cover me cracking it because it slipped outa my hand
04-11-2007, 10:44 PM
i doubt after 18 months they would give u a new racquet, Probably wouldnt believe you.
04-11-2007, 11:46 PM
duck tape!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:
04-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Just ask them, if your racquet looks in decent nick apart from the crack they may be reasonable and give you a new one.
04-12-2007, 01:44 AM
or u can repair it. I heard u can repair for $10 Australian dollars at some shop and $50 AUD at another.
vBulletin® v3.6.9, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.