PDA

View Full Version : How much of a difference is .5"

Adrupert
04-11-2007, 07:37 PM
I've been STRONGLY considering a switch to a longer racket, but i've recently found a nice feel with my leaded-up k-six one team. So i'm starting to second guess. When I think about it, i can't see how 0.5" can really make a difference. I would like some insight from a few people who have experimented with both standard and extended length rackets.

If it matters, the extended length racket i have in mind is a 95" vantage racket.

bluetrain4
04-11-2007, 08:14 PM
When you first hit with it, it will make a HUGE difference - at first. I thought the same thing, that the added .5 inch wouldn't make a difference. But, trust me, when you put it in you hands, you'll be off. You're swing will be off, as will your timing.

That said, in time you'll adjust and be just fine. Many pros and recretational players use extended length racquets.

fearless1
04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Depends. For example, if the longer racquet is also lighter than the one you are currently using, then the extra length probably won't matter much.

Recommendation...just demo the longer racquet and find out first hand if you'll benefit from it.

p0w3r
04-11-2007, 08:39 PM
It takes a while to get used to, but once you get it...you will...well, get it. The main difference is timing and after playing a lot with my XL racquets, i got the hang of it. I really dont notice any problems now switching back and fourth from standard to XL. However, serves may take a little longer to get used to.

ps60
04-11-2007, 11:30 PM
as one of the stringer for Pro player said "0.5 inch is Huge"

i found it depends on the design. Some poorly design one can throw U off from the first swing.
my Diablo MP and another 27.5" Prince Air xxxxxxxx (jap model)

Some better design will fool U. U won't notice that it is a LB. eg. Yonex MP-2i, Prince POG 28" Michael Chang !

sureshs
04-12-2007, 05:29 AM
Makes a HUGE difference. In reach, power and serve.