PDA

View Full Version : is this be a defect?

red13
04-12-2007, 07:02 AM
i just bought another nsix one 95 16x18 and it has a noticeable larger gap between two of the strings near the throat. I measured the distance between the two gromment holes and it's about 2-3 cm larger than any of the other ncode 95's that I have at the same two holes. The gap becomes very noticeable once it was strung. do you guys think i could get a replacement from wilson?

Pusher
04-12-2007, 08:21 AM
i just bought another nsix one 95 16x18 and it has a noticeable larger gap between two of the strings near the throat. I measured the distance between the two gromment holes and it's about 2-3 cm larger than any of the other ncode 95's that I have at the same two holes. The gap becomes very noticeable once it was strung. do you guys think i could get a replacement from wilson?

Not likely since all of them are like that.

Look at the picture of the racquet on this website.

red13
04-12-2007, 10:22 AM
i have 4 ncodes and this one is the only one that has a noticeably larger gap. I am talking about 2 holes on the mains, not the crosses.

Pusher
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
i have 4 ncodes and this one is the only one that has a noticeably larger gap. I am talking about 2 holes on the mains, not the crosses.

I'm looking at one right now and I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

red13
04-12-2007, 10:37 AM
let me take a pic and show you what i am talking about

N4n45h1
04-12-2007, 10:40 AM
i think i may have a similar thing on mine, plural

red13
04-12-2007, 11:34 AM
here's a pic

http://70.85.98.66/imgs/ncode95.JPG

max200G
04-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Red 13
It looks like poor quality control. I don't know if you can return it to where you purchased it, but I would at least call the retailer and see what they say. You can always contact Wilson directly.

pow
04-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Red 13
It looks like poor quality control. I don't know if you can return it to where you purchased it, but I would at least call the retailer and see what they say.

yea, just going to say the same, that's just Wilson being Wilson. I've played a tournament where we've had to replace 2 Wilson balls from separate cans because something rattled inside of each fresh out the can.

mclee025
04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
about 2-3 cm larger
Just a note: after seeing the picture, that's not centimeters you are talking about because 3 cm is over an inch. Maybe what you mean is millimeters.

Anyway, as mentioned above, its worth talking with the folks you bought the racquet from or Wilson with this info. It doesn't seem like there should be that much variance in the manufacture of the same racquet. I'm curious how the the grommets fit in the odd racquet?

red13
04-12-2007, 12:28 PM
the grommets looks like it fits fine. it just sticks out more at that one particular hole. probably because it has less distance to travel to fit thru.

Pusher
04-12-2007, 12:45 PM
There does appear to be at least a minor problem. I doubt it would affect playability but I would speak with the retailer or E-mail Wilson or their rep and see what they say. My n6.1 doesn't have that problem so it must be a quality control issue. Demand a replacement if you feel it is necessary.

Pusher
04-12-2007, 12:50 PM
I ordered an additional N6.1 from TW and it just happened to be delivered a few minutes ago. It doesn't have the problems that yours has so I would think it is a QA issue.

red13
04-12-2007, 12:52 PM
well, the only problem is my family bought these for me from China last month because I wanted a the lighter version. It was from an authorized dealer so I know it's real. I have bought 2 before and they were fine. It's just this one particular one that is defective. Anyways I live in the USA now and contacting and shipping it back to the dealer in china will be too much trouble. I emailed Wilson USA using the ASKWilson feature and explained everything including the fact about it being the asian version. I wonder if I am going to get a replacement. Has anyone heard of getting an Asian Ncode replaced from Wilson USA?

VGP
04-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Is it just a poorly placed drill hole?

What's the distance between strings on the other side of the frame?

red13
04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
the distance between the strings on a normal racquet is about 11 mm and it is about 14 mm on the defective one.

VGP
04-12-2007, 01:06 PM
I meant, is it 14 mm wide on both sides of the "defective one?"

red13
04-12-2007, 01:10 PM
it is about 12-13 mm on the other side. it's still bigger than the frames i have.

SocalTennis
04-12-2007, 01:24 PM

I would prefer this racquet more because you can probably generate more spin than all of your other ncodes. Just look on the brighter side

red13
04-12-2007, 01:28 PM
i rather have all my ncodes be the same and play the same.

N4n45h1
04-12-2007, 01:34 PM
i realize mine isnt exactly that bad, mines hardly a mm off my other ones

ibringtheHEAT
04-12-2007, 04:00 PM
well, the only problem is my family bought these for me from China last month because I wanted a the lighter version. It was from an authorized dealer so I know it's real. I have bought 2 before and they were fine. It's just this one particular one that is defective. Anyways I live in the USA now and contacting and shipping it back to the dealer in china will be too much trouble. I emailed Wilson USA using the ASKWilson feature and explained everything including the fact about it being the asian version. I wonder if I am going to get a replacement. Has anyone heard of getting an Asian Ncode replaced from Wilson USA?

If I understand correctly, you are comparing the Asian version to the US version.................I imagine that along with the weight the distance might be different as well.

red13
04-12-2007, 04:05 PM
no they're are the exactly the same except for weight. I have used a gromment replacement from the US version on an asian version and it fits perfectly.

ibringtheHEAT
04-12-2007, 05:06 PM
well then it sounds like you really need to just contact wilson directly.

I'm sorry for all the trouble your having......but I'm sure they will get it worked out =]