PDA

View Full Version : K90 has an AMAZING paintjob!!!

asintu
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I went to a local store yesterday and saw the K90 for the first time and the paintjob is simply amazing. What's all this hate towards it on these boards?
And it also didn't seem to swing that heavy either.

Pusher
04-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I went to a local store yesterday and saw the K90 for the first time and the paintjob is simply amazing. What's all this hate towards it on these boards?

It is a nice paintjob-sort of understated IMO.

I think its hard to work up a hatred for a tennis racquet so I suspect there is some animosity towards those that use it. And of course it is discussed an awful lot on this forum-maybe thats why.

dr_punk
04-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Its love or hate, thats all.

TennisandMusic
04-12-2007, 12:19 PM
I really like the looks of the racquet. My only problem with it is that it chips and scratches if you breathe on it.

Tour 90
04-12-2007, 01:11 PM

I think its hard to work up a hatred for a tennis racquet so I suspect there is some animosity towards those that use it. And of course it is discussed an awful lot on this forum-maybe thats why.

It is actually considered to be one of the more wild pj's these days ;)

ShooterMcMarco
04-12-2007, 01:14 PM
I didn't like it much when I saw the pics here on the forum, but my opinion changed when I saw it in person and demoed it. Now I own the thing :)

kingdaddy41788
04-12-2007, 01:17 PM

It swings pretty heavy (I used to play with an n90 and the k90 swung much heavier). But, since Wilson's quality control is so shoddy, you may have been holding one that didn't.

stormholloway
04-12-2007, 01:25 PM

Understated? Red and black swirling around silver with various gimmickry laden throughout it? That's understated??

It's most distracting and god-awful paintjob since the 001.

Noveson
04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Understated? Red and black swirling around silver with various gimmickry laden throughout it? That's understated??

It's most distracting and god-awful paintjob since the 001.

There it is again:o Out of respect for you I won't say anything lol.

Asintu, 1) You just made a whole thread on how you like the paint on a racquet.

2) Even if it WAS a good PJ, it won't last you more than two days before it flakes off.

VGP
04-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I changed my mind some when I finally saw it first hand. Mind you, I'm coming from liking the old PS 85 cosmetics.

It took me a while to even warm up to the newer cosmetics of the PS 85 and that's like ten years old already!

I tried out a demo of the k90 and it had already lost some of it's paintjob from use. Mostly the black striping over the red at the sides of the head.

If you're one to not like your rackets look beat up after use, you better get over it if you want the k90 to be your playing racket.

If you don't like the paintjob, you gotta blame Federer. Seems he is the one that had the most input on the final design.

elbuzzard_lives
04-12-2007, 02:02 PM
easily amazed.

KingOfTennis
04-12-2007, 02:14 PM

i know its sexy.

stormholloway
04-12-2007, 02:15 PM
There it is again:o Out of respect for you I won't say anything lol.

Asintu, 1) You just made a whole thread on how you like the paint on a racquet.

2) Even if it WAS a good PJ, it won't last you more than two days before it flakes off.

I feel strongly about it. The paintjob for the Pro Staff has continued to get worse. It's miserable.

Zets147
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
unstrung it feels pretty light. the paintjob is pretty good imo

VolklVenom
04-12-2007, 02:37 PM
didious paintjob, but as long as there are worse, i don't mind (i.e. 001)

Teh_pwnerer
04-12-2007, 02:41 PM
the one on the K95 is better IMO, i like it glossy :D

nickb
04-12-2007, 03:30 PM
I also thought it looked shocking from pictures on the web....then i saw it in person. IMO it is the best looking and playing racket i have ever held....the paintjob is modern but is stunning in person. I thought it was just another paintjob and that i would be sticking with the n90 but after hitting with it i was amazed at the differences between the 2 and now think that the k90 is the best playing racket since the 6.0 85. Good job wilson!

drakulie
04-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I like the paintjob, and also don't understand what all the "hate" is about. But, to each his own.

nBladed
04-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I do think it is the most beautiful racket ever made besides the PS Tour 90. The Tour 90 had a lot of sweet details such as the textured paint.

Polaris
04-12-2007, 03:58 PM

Tha paintjob grows on me every time I see it in the store. It might actually be a good racquet to swing for advanced players (especially the Asian version) But "understated"? It's one of the most ostentatious paintjobs around. The ncode is more understated than the K90. The PS85 could be the very definition of understated.

As regards the animosity towards K90 users, I'm not sure. I don't have animosity, but I do have a minor irritation towards some K90 users, not all. In fact, I like a few of them (e.g. @wright, Craig).

goosala
04-12-2007, 04:13 PM
It looks like a dog squatted and splattered crap all over it! That's how I really feel about it.

drakulie
04-12-2007, 04:29 PM
^^^ Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Pusher
04-12-2007, 04:43 PM
It is actually considered to be one of the more wild pj's these days ;)

The paint is not glossy like most racquets. I think Fed did a good job making the impression that it is a serious racquet for serious players.

But hey, I'm not in love with the racquet and I just got it for a demo for my son. He didn't like it so....

stormholloway
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Red and black is possibly the most obnoxious color combination possible in our visible spectrum.

Congrats Wilson for using it.

VGP
04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Isn't that the point? Like ladybugs are poisonous?

Paintjobs have gotten more obvious. Especially when it comes to TV.

armand
04-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Isn't that the point? Like ladybugs are poisonous?

Paintjobs have gotten more obvious. Especially when it comes to TV.Oh KRAP! I've been bitten by bees, dogs, cats, horseflies, human females, you name it, but the most painful of all was the ladybug! Holy KRAP! First time I got stung when I was about 10 yrs old and I still remember exactly where, when, with who and under what circumstance. And that was 18 yrs ago! Owwww!

Is there anything more painful, has anyone been bitten by a butterfly?

Mr. Sean
04-12-2007, 08:03 PM

You'll like it at first but trust me youll get tired of it very easily. I demoed that thing for 1 week and loved the pj for the first day and got tired of the pj in one week. Why couldnt they make it more classic and simple like the ncodes, which IMHO have one of the best pjs of any wilson. Overall it is a really good frame. I just hate how physically demanding the SW is. If you are having a off day or youre out of shape swinging the ting will be like going to the gym. Youll be sore the next day. I like my ps 6.0 85 betters ( its a freaking samurai sword) They should rename it the PS bushido 6.0.

stormholloway
04-12-2007, 08:16 PM
I agree regarding the swingweight. I prefer the 85. I hit quite well with the K90 but it just isn't quite right.

I think a brightly patterned paintjob like that actually distracts me while I'm swinging.

10sfreak
04-12-2007, 08:39 PM
It looks like a dog squatted and splattered crap all over it! That's how I really feel about it.
Goosala, you really need to take your dog to the vet dude! If your dog is crapping stuff like that, that is one sick puppy! You haven't been feeding him any of that recalled dog food, have you?:p

dylo
04-12-2007, 10:44 PM
IMO i think the pj is ok except at the bottom of the throat, iono the design in that area just bugs me.

i also noticed it scratches unusually easily.

goosala
04-15-2007, 07:50 PM
10sfreak, that is funny dude!

ripkirby
04-15-2007, 09:21 PM
The paintjob on the k90 is really.. loud. I prefer something more suddle and simple, yet smooth and beautiful like the Heritage series from PK. The NCodes looked much better in my opinion.

LarougeNY
04-15-2007, 09:23 PM
The paintjob on the k90 is really.. loud. I prefer something more suddle and simple, yet smooth and beautiful like the Heritage series from PK. The NCodes looked much better in my opinion.

I agree, I thought the N61s were the best looking rackets put out by Wilson.

dacrymn
04-16-2007, 08:51 AM
you know, I really want to see the experimental paint jobs that Fed chose from when they were designing the racket. Maybe this one is good compared to the others. Who knows?
________
buy iolite vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/iolite-vaporizer)

ibemadskillzz
04-16-2007, 09:01 AM
The pics on the TW site sucks straight up, it's way better in person.
idiots